Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

congrats KSU and UNF
Bookmark and Share
HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Stetson
congrats KSU and UNF
you've officially made it through the re-classification period.

KSU, UNF, Utah Valley and NJIT to full active status

"fast track" sports at FGCU (baseball/volleyball) and Upstate (men's soccer/softball) also are now postseason eligible.
07-13-2009 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: congrats KSU and UNF
07-13-2009 04:02 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
07-13-2009 05:34 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Well atleast that gives you guys the chance to lose in the conference tournament now instead of just watching from home. Congrats!
07-13-2009 06:17 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
One of them won't go to the tournament.
07-13-2009 07:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
or win the tournament...
07-13-2009 08:48 PM
Advertisement

kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
What is ETSU's record in the tournament? Seems like they lose more than they win. So I guess once we get to the tourney we will be about even. ETSU is 1-3 as far as winning it. I guess everybody gets lucky once in a while. Still looking up to Belmont.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 08:58 AM by kr983.)
07-14-2009 08:52 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
6-3...Once again facts and kennesaw contrast.
07-14-2009 10:40 AM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I believe ETSU being 1-3 as far as claiming a spot in the big dance via the A-sun tourney is a fact. Four A-Sun Tourneys and ONE ncaa dance hmm. Check that out and let me know what you find.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 11:58 AM by kr983.)
07-14-2009 11:57 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I'm pretty sure tournament records are judged by individual games not how many tournaments have you won. Nice try
07-14-2009 12:21 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I guess if you are happy with a few tourney wins here and there and don’t really care about winning the tournament 6-3 looks great. Winning when it matters doesn’t really count anyhow right? Also, I didn't remember your individual game record. A lot of times people only remember the winners and thanks for the info.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 12:36 PM by kr983.)
07-14-2009 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Kr

I view it as my job to educate Kennesaw kids. Think nothing of it.
07-14-2009 12:41 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
No one has a NCAA tourny win in the past 10+ years before anyone starts bragging too much.

This is a monumental burden lifted off these two programs. Now is when the real work starts for KSU and UNF.

It's like our little bean sprout just poked through the surface.
07-15-2009 09:52 AM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Rough 4 year stretch. Glad to be done with it. Thanks for the congratulations HatterFan. This is an important year for our program.
07-15-2009 01:07 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
There is no limit when it comes to the amount of bragging that ETSU fans can partake in front of Kennesaw or UNF. Your schools have never done anything. ANYTHING.
07-15-2009 03:51 PM
1st String

Such sadness fills my heart at the pathetic nature of some people's lives.

INTERNET: It's serious business.
07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Advertisement

adamsputnik Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU, UGA, GFC
Some folks just like to be negative, that's really all there is to it.

Anyway, big step forward for KSU and UNF athletics. Hopefully both will soon have something to show for it. If it's at the expense of ETSU, all the better 03-wink
07-15-2009 06:48 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Tell me this...How is surviving four years of probation a "monumental burden"? You were nothing beforehand. Division 2. You were nothing during. Quasi division 1 status. Now you're just an average A-sun school with a chance at competing in the tournament. What is this "monumental burden" that has suddenly passed?

You're basically on the level of Campbell, now. Doesn't really constitute a "big step forward" In order to get the kind of respect that you kids seem to want to demand...you're going to have to actually win something. Until then...you got nothing.

You people that are sold on this Kennesaw program. I've listened to you all speak for a couple of years now and you're full of big dreams and high expectations but with a very small amount of reality. There's no fan base to speak of. There's no indication that there ever will be. This whole congratulatory sentiment concerning your recent exodus from the misery of probation is much to do about nothing.

I don't know why it is that I dislike you kids so much. I don't dislike the cambell fans. Or even the Belmont fans. There is just something about the attitude of the Kennesaw kids that grates on me. I think what it is that I find you people to be so wet behind the ears and yet completely unaware.

One day you will have a team that wins the A-sun tournament and you'll go dancing. And on that day you will get to ram down our throats. But it is not going to happen over night nor was it ever going to happen over night. You've got a long way to go. I do not foresee you getting there as fast as Belmont did. DAVID lipscomb still isn't there. Hell most of the A-sun schools have never been. I don't know what it is about you kids that makes you think you're any different from the rest of them. Your stadium is just as empty and your record is just as bad.
07-15-2009 07:31 PM
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
The KSU fans have big hopes and dreams. Absolutely. What gets me, is that every year they predict they will turn the corner and finish in the top half of the league. Hasn't happened yet and won't happen this year. I think though, that they are finally starting to see how difficult it is to be a Division I winner.
07-15-2009 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

Gold hates Kennesaw because we are an athletic program on the rise, and ETSU is on the decline. You harp back to your glories, wishing they would return only to realize that football is never coming back, Johnson City is a city on the decline, and your university is hemorrhaging its status as a regional university. Meanwhile Kennesaw just finished purchasing 90 acres of prime real estate in Cobb County which will seat a brand new multi-use soccer/football stadium and support a fledgling football program within the next decade. Our student body continually creeps towards 25,000 and we move every year further away from a commuter school to a school that is competitive with the other major universities in our state.

Your bitterness towards Kennesaw is well noted, and you are right about one thing: we will make sure to remember to visit your boards when our day arrives as a basketball program....it may come sooner than you think.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2009 09:38 PM by KennesawBasketball.)
07-15-2009 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.