Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Rick Pitino Is Setting Up For A Resignation
Bookmark and Share
Interminator Offline
The Instigator

I Root For: Memphis
Rick Pitino Is Setting Up For A Resignation
Can anyone else feel it coming on down at Louisville?

Reason why Pitino might resign:

1a) There is an extortion case that alleges some things against him that may or may not be true depending on what is brought up in court if it goes to trial.

1b) Pitino out of the blue reached out to the Sacramento Kings about their Head Coaching vacancy, there is nobody who really wanted the Sacramento Kings job other than Paul Westphal.

2.)His son and his once believed eventual successor left for Florida to coach under Pitino's mentor Donovan as a way I'm guessing will keep his son employed and able to furthur his coaching career when Rick steps down, He must have felt Louisville wouldnt give him a Bobby Knight at Texas Tech type deal to keep his son around when hes gone.

3.)Louisville returns an inconsistent team next season with an average recruiting class that doesn't look to contend Nationally but at best might be competitive in the Big East as a 8th or 9th seed in the conference.

4.)Pitino hired a close friend with years of Head Coaching experience to his staff as his lead assistant, once again I am guessing this might be to have an established Head Coach in place to finish the season when he steps down.

5.)Louisville is down in recruiting, they have had some decommitments in the class of 2010 who each can sense a little bit of uncertainty with the future of the program, but Tyler by far is a huge loss for the future of their program.

6.)Pitino may be worried of wearing out his welcome in Louisville espescially with Kentucky poised for recruiting dominance and fielding better teams than them along with Pastner at Memphis doing the same, but under the rules.

For some reason I feel that this is just once again Pitino getting tired of what hes doing now and looking for a lessy messy way out because there arent any NBA teams currently calling, but that might be where he wants to be at this point of his coaching career or at another college program.

Its well known that Pitino doesnt like sticking around too long anywhere.
06-22-2009 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IBleedBlue Offline
Something.

I Root For: TigrsBravesGriz
RE: Rick Pitino Is Setting Up For A Resignation
Well we still have the DBO position open. I'm sure he'd be qualified for that...maybe we should contact him?
06-22-2009 09:46 PM
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers/Cards
(06-22-2009 08:00 PM)Interminator Wrote:  Can anyone else feel it coming on down at Louisville?

Reason why Pitino might resign:

1a) There is an extortion case that alleges some things against him that may or may not be true depending on what is brought up in court if it goes to trial.

1b) Pitino out of the blue reached out to the Sacramento Kings about their Head Coaching vacancy, there is nobody who really wanted the Sacramento Kings job other than Paul Westphal.

2.)His son and his once believed eventual successor left for Florida to coach under Pitino's mentor Donovan as a way I'm guessing will keep his son employed and able to furthur his coaching career when Rick steps down, He must have felt Louisville wouldnt give him a Bobby Knight at Texas Tech type deal to keep his son around when hes gone.

3.)Louisville returns an inconsistent team next season with an average recruiting class that doesn't look to contend Nationally but at best might be competitive in the Big East as a 8th or 9th seed in the conference.

4.)Pitino hired a close friend with years of Head Coaching experience to his staff as his lead assistant, once again I am guessing this might be to have an established Head Coach in place to finish the season when he steps down.

5.)Louisville is down in recruiting, they have had some decommitments in the class of 2010 who each can sense a little bit of uncertainty with the future of the program, but Tyler by far is a huge loss for the future of their program.

6.)Pitino may be worried of wearing out his welcome in Louisville espescially with Kentucky poised for recruiting dominance and fielding better teams than them along with Pastner at Memphis doing the same, but under the rules.

For some reason I feel that this is just once again Pitino getting tired of what hes doing now and looking for a lessy messy way out because there arent any NBA teams currently calling, but that might be where he wants to be at this point of his coaching career or at another college program.

Its well known that Pitino doesnt like sticking around too long anywhere.
This reminds of the Brett Favre story, it is a never ending tale about a basketball coach. How long has he been at Louisville now? It may be one of those he will stay a certain school for a certain amount of time, and then he is ready to leave for another challenge. If it was really that bad, the Louisville AD would probably convince him to resign instead of getting fired and end their embarassement in my opinion. Let's see what the future holds for both of them and see if any smoke comes from Louisville.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2009 08:37 AM by BARTLETTTIGER.)
06-23-2009 08:35 AM
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
alleges
may
may not
I'm guessing
must have felt
once again I'm guessing
may be worried

"It is well known that Pitino doesn't like sticking around too long anywhere."
8 years at Kentucky
8 years at Louisville

Wow! 01-lauramac2
06-23-2009 03:01 PM
Interminator Offline
The Instigator

(06-23-2009 03:01 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  alleges
may
may not
I'm guessing
must have felt
once again I'm guessing
may be worried

8 years at Kentucky
8 years at Louisville

Wow! 01-lauramac2

It gets to a point where hes looking for a new challenge, like when he had one of his assistants contact the Kings about their HC job.

Pitino is the Larry Brown of college basketball, he goes somewhere, improves the team and sets a stable program, but then grows tired and looks for an opportunity elsewhere to do the same thing.
06-24-2009 02:22 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(06-24-2009 02:22 PM)Interminator Wrote:  
(06-23-2009 03:01 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  alleges
may
may not
I'm guessing
must have felt
once again I'm guessing
may be worried

8 years at Kentucky
8 years at Louisville

Wow! 01-lauramac2

It gets to a point where hes looking for a new challenge, like when he had one of his assistants contact the Kings about their HC job.

Pitino is the Larry Brown of college basketball, he goes somewhere, improves the team and sets a stable program, but then grows tired and looks for an opportunity elsewhere to do the same thing.

The longest Larry Brown ever coached at a place was 5 years. Most of his stints were 1-2 years. Pitino's average stay is 5 years. There is no comparison between the 2.
06-24-2009 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.