Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

He should be booted
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
He should be booted
Nevada Senator admits to affair.

He called on Clinton to resign. 03-nutkick

Quote:A born-again Christian, Ensign has been a member of the Promise Keepers, a male evangelical group that promotes marital fidelity.
When former Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in an airport men’s room in the summer of 2007, Ensign was among Craig’s toughest critics, saying Craig should step down because he had been charged with a crime.“I wouldn’t put myself, hopefully, in that kind of position, but if I was in a position like that, that’s what I would do,” Ensign told The Associated Press at the time.

During the 1998 impeachment of President Bill Clinton, Ensign, then a Senate candidate, called on Clinton to resign.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2009 08:09 PM by DesertBronco.)
06-16-2009 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: He should be booted
Quote:Ensign was among Craig’s toughest critics

The Hypocrisy and lack of compassion of some of these holier-than-thou's is nauseating. This is like ole fatface Limbaugh ranting on about illegal drug usage, at the same time he was sending his maid out to score him some pain killers.
06-16-2009 08:55 PM
steer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
(06-16-2009 08:55 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:Ensign was among Craig’s toughest critics

The Hypocrisy and lack of compassion of some of these holier-than-thou's is nauseating. This is like ole fatface Limbaugh ranting on about illegal drug usage, at the same time he was sending his maid out to score him some pain killers.

Just more Republican arrogant self-destruction.
06-16-2009 10:01 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Quote:The Hypocrisy and lack of compassion of some of these holier-than-thou's is nauseating.

Work right across the aisle from one like this guy, he preached, ranted, and judged others all the time. Hijacked meetings with his holier than thou attitude and value judgements to the point where a line was dropped on him to HR.

He was busted with his girlfriend downtown last month, passed out in one of the bars that he was meeting her on the sly with, but only after creating a drunken disturbance and getting the cops called on him. He couldn't wake up, until later on in the clink. I was FLOORED. His wife got the full report as well.
06-16-2009 11:17 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Can't wait for The Dipper's spin on this one: "It's Clinton's fault...Letterman should apologize for it."

Actually I thought the title of this thread was about The Dipper!
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 05:34 AM by MajorHoople.)
06-17-2009 05:33 AM
steer Offline
1st String

(06-17-2009 05:33 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Can't wait for The Dipper's spin on this one: "It's Clinton's fault...Letterman should apologize for it."

What would we talk about without him?
06-17-2009 08:38 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(06-17-2009 08:38 AM)steer Wrote:  
(06-17-2009 05:33 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Can't wait for The Dipper's spin on this one: "It's Clinton's fault...Letterman should apologize for it."

What would we talk about without him?

You have a point there. Isn't this the "A Tribute to Dip" thread?
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 10:42 AM by MajorHoople.)
06-17-2009 09:58 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

Quote:You have a point there. Isn't this the "A Tribute to Dip" thread?

Aren't they all? :ncaabbs:
06-17-2009 10:50 AM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Major MENSA
Quote:Can't wait for The Dipper's spin on this one: "It's Clinton's fault...Letterman should apologize for it."
[Image: 1189%5C803554.jpg]

[Image: easy-button50.gif]
If he lied to a grand jury he should be booted. If he had an affair, the voters will decide....................

[Image: enquirer.edwards.jpg]

Like swatting flies........03-phew
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 01:16 PM by Chipdip.)
06-17-2009 01:10 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

He quit, as well he should have. No voter decision necessary.
06-17-2009 01:45 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
There ya go, problem solved 03-phew

Perhaps he should have tried this..................

It depends.............

or this
Listen and listen to me good!
06-17-2009 02:36 PM
Advertisement

Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
Oh gawd, it's time for Dip to drag out the Edwards love child again to distract attention from the real subject. 03-zzz

Must be somebody just got sprung from his job for the summer. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 02:45 PM by Whinny1.)
06-17-2009 02:44 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Oh gawd, it's time for Dip to drag out the Edwards love child again to distract attention from the real subject.

I gave you an answer, "the people will get rid of him and unless he broke the law." In resigning he clearly left knowing he would be hounded out if he didn't. Do you think if Edwards had been elected as the Dem's candidate it would have been any different?

Other than making you feel a little squeamish, I don't know what your issue with the Edwards thing is. It happened. You can't change history by denying it.
06-17-2009 02:50 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
You guys are a hoot. You post this scandal, and the "smartest guy in the room" dangles his hope that I'll defend it. And when I don't you piss and moan.

It's called being principled in your beliefs, something you guys can't grasp.

The left has been doing this for so long they're unaware they even do it. Going back to Ted Kennedy running away from a drowning Mary Joe Koppeckni, the left has been defending slime balls.

You should do some research on Margret Sanger. She was a devout racist.

Do a little research on Al Sharpton. He should be in jail for being an accomplice to murder.

Check out the voting records of some lovable Dem heros when they voted on the Civil Rights bill. Al Gore's old man was a huge racist.

Joe Biden has said stuff that would get any Republican run out of office.......................but all I ever hear is excuses.

Kennedy screwed up so many things in his short term in office, he probably should have been impeached................Instead the left calls it "Camelot." 03-lmfao

The lovable Robert Byrd. How do you defend a senator who was once a Grand Keagle in the KKK? 03-shhhh He's celebrated as a wise old sage of the senate instead of a closet racist who flippity flopped his beliefs in order to get the blessing of the new and improved Democratic Party (the Dems opposed the Civil Rights Bill at every turn).

Bill Clinton fornicated his way into a legacy that taught my 5th graders about adultery. Nice. Another years worth of having to make excuses for awful behavior. Luckily you had decades of practice.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 03:10 PM by Chipdip.)
06-17-2009 03:03 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

The right has many transgressions, including this holier than thou character. We've had this discussion countless times, it ends up both are boobs. My point with this guy is that he was righteous about others, now that he did the right thing and resigned his office since that's what he preached for so long, I have no problem with him.

The problem I would have had is if he had stayed. If he had the affair, wasn't preachy about resigning towards everyone else, and stayed in office, I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
06-17-2009 03:09 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Quote:It's called being principled in your beliefs, something you guys can't grasp.

You've never had an original belief in your life, all of your so called "principles" come from the right wing talking points, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter. You're a void in terms of thinking for yourself.
06-17-2009 03:12 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:My point with this guy is that he was righteous about others, now that he did the right thing and resigned his office since that's what he preached for so long, I have no problem with him.

There ya go, it's as simple as that.

My question is why have we suffered through such low life pigs as Ted Kennedy, Robert Byrd, Clinton, and Edwards. These guys were/are guilty as sin, and should have been reduced to the $hit that they are by our press, but of course they turn a blind eye.

If this guy had the MSM in his corner I assure you he wouldn't have stepped down.
06-17-2009 03:13 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I doubt that. BTW, the Clinton and Kennedy affair were two of the more covered events, I don't know how you can say that. Always the martyr.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 03:16 PM by DesertBronco.)
06-17-2009 03:15 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
I didn't see any shame heaped on them by the MSM. Hell, JFK is treated like a stud for banging Monroe. And Clinton's actions were defended by the media ("it's a private matter") more than it was held up to ridicule.
06-17-2009 03:22 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(06-17-2009 03:22 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  I didn't see any shame heaped on them by the MSM. Hell, JFK is treated like a stud for banging Monroe. And Clinton's actions were defended by the media ("it's a private matter") more than it was held up to ridicule.

Your perception. 03-melodramatic

I remember when he admitted the affair on national tv, they roasted him for bs'ing.

And JFK was a stud for banging Monroe. WTF?! Are you gay?
06-17-2009 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.