Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Valley Ranch hit by storm, Cowboys hurt
Bookmark and Share
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Valley Ranch hit by storm, Cowboys hurt
Apparently either a storm or tornado hit Valley Ranch in Irving and collapsed the roof at one of the COWBOYS buildings. Some people have been hurt. YOU SAW IT FIRST on MT.org.
05-02-2009 03:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
RE: Valley Ranch hit by storm, Cowboys hurt
(05-02-2009 03:58 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Apparently either a storm or tornado hit Valley Ranch in Irving and collapsed the roof at one of the COWBOYS buildings. Some people have been hurt. YOU SAW IT FIRST on MT.org.

Jerry Jones was interviewed live on NBC and said everybody got out okay, no injuries.
05-02-2009 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

TV is Dallas is reporting injuries.
05-02-2009 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

There were a total of 58 injuries according to Channel 11 in Dallas. Special Teams Coach Joe DeCamillis was taken off on a stretcher in an ambulance. Lots of ambulances coming and going to the hospital with people in them. Apparently the roof caved in on a building where lots of people were taking shelter. They have fire dept crews there pulling people out of the wreckage. JERRY WAS VERY MISSINFORMED. I am watching it right now and lots of people were hurt.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2009 04:22 PM by DallasTiger.)
05-02-2009 04:14 PM
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Apparently there was an indoor practice facility with a bubble dome roof on it. The rookies were practicing inside this building. They could see the lights start to sway on the ceiling of the building and then the roof just collapsed on them. There was a metal skeleton holding up the roof and that was what hit some of the people. There were 4 video guys who were taping the practice about 40 feet up in the air and they were all injured. All the players and coaches have been accounted for.
05-02-2009 04:29 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
Wow. You would have thought Jones would know, but maybe it was too soon after it happened. Talk about the season getting off to a bad start.
05-02-2009 04:37 PM
TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

(05-02-2009 04:37 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  Wow. You would have thought Jones would know, but maybe it was too soon after it happened. Talk about the season getting off to a bad start.

they interviewed him RIGHT as he was hanging up the phone, all he had was an initial cell phone report
05-02-2009 04:57 PM
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

They now have a new total of 10 people hurt. So it is not as bad as first thought. There were no serious injuries.
05-02-2009 05:01 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Maybe Jones meant no Player injuries.

I saw one report say that all players and coaches are accounted for...the only injuries were "just" staff members. At least no players were injured. 01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2009 05:12 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
05-02-2009 05:11 PM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

CBS News just reported that one person was "seriously" hurt.
05-02-2009 05:39 PM
Advertisement

TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

(05-02-2009 05:39 PM)madtiger Wrote:  CBS News just reported that one person was "seriously" hurt.

there were 3 seriously hurt. an assistant trainer broke 2 bones in his leg, the ST coach broke his back - no paralysis, and an assistant coach broke his back and is paralyzed from the waist down...

sad sad sad
05-03-2009 08:08 PM
TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

apparently also they had their media staff in the rafters filming practice who "rode the building down" as it collapsed. how scary would that be?
05-03-2009 08:09 PM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

IRVING, Texas - More than 24 hours after the Cowboys' indoor practice facility collapsed during a rookie mini-camp practice, the club announced an official release on the tragic situation that included major injuries to the team's coaching staff, scouting department and training staff.

The most critical of the injuries involved scouting assistant Rich Behm, 33, who suffered a severed spinal cord that will cause permanent paralysis from the waist down. Behm was rushed to Parkland Hospital in Dallas after the collapse.

New special teams coach Joe DeCamillis is in stable condition and is expected to undergo surgery Monday morning at Parkland to stabilize a fractured cervical vertebrae.

Assistant athletic trainer Greg Gaither had surgery Saturday night to repair a fractured tibia and fibula in his right leg. He should be released from Baylor Medical Center later this week....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.c...571CAFF609
05-03-2009 08:21 PM
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers/Cards
(05-03-2009 08:21 PM)madtiger Wrote:  IRVING, Texas - More than 24 hours after the Cowboys' indoor practice facility collapsed during a rookie mini-camp practice, the club announced an official release on the tragic situation that included major injuries to the team's coaching staff, scouting department and training staff.

The most critical of the injuries involved scouting assistant Rich Behm, 33, who suffered a severed spinal cord that will cause permanent paralysis from the waist down. Behm was rushed to Parkland Hospital in Dallas after the collapse.

New special teams coach Joe DeCamillis is in stable condition and is expected to undergo surgery Monday morning at Parkland to stabilize a fractured cervical vertebrae.

Assistant athletic trainer Greg Gaither had surgery Saturday night to repair a fractured tibia and fibula in his right leg. He should be released from Baylor Medical Center later this week....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.c...571CAFF609
I heard the storm was a microbust storm, just like the one that here in Memphis, I believe was around four or five years ago? This is sad what happened yesterday with the trainer with the paralysis as well.
05-04-2009 01:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.