Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If your child comes home from school crying today....
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
If your child comes home from school crying today....
Its because his lefty teacher lied to him.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/livin...st28944781

" We are now experiencing the effects of human-caused climate change"

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!
04-22-2009 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: If your child comes home from school crying today....
(04-22-2009 06:26 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  Its because his lefty teacher lied to him.

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!

Yeah all you FAT People out there !!!!!!

You Scum Bags are causing Global Warming !!!!!!!

Haven't any of you Blimps heard about this New One Yet ????

So Obamagog and all of US DEMAND that "YOU" do your Part and Go On Nutrisystem NOW !!!!!! Or it is Curtains for the REST OF US ......

Boy I know "Fat Bastard" isn't gonna like this one and even Hugo Chavez can't stop him ...

Can any of you believe this Utter and Total Nonsense ???

We "Abort Babies", we "Let the Elderly die off just 'cause they are Old", and "NOW, we need to Kill All Fat People" to STOP GLOBAL WARMING !!!!!

Well I guess it is the Gas Chamber for old Fat Ass Hugo Chavez and he just became such a Great FOB too !!!!!

I need to weep now, so I am going to stop Posting for a bit ...... OK, I'm back ...

04-22-2009 06:59 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Let's do away with fossil fuel. Now who's going to support the OPEC countries when they go belly up and starve?
04-22-2009 01:49 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I'm all for doing away with fossil fuel, but I don't want to jump off of the wagon too fast. Every time a member of government proposes something, they say that they want a drastic change really soon and that ain't gonna happen.

The source of the new energy is the true mystery.
04-22-2009 09:10 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
if we were 100% self-reliant via what is now called "Green Energy", these people would come up with a narrative about how Solar Panels are trapping Rays in the atmosphere and making the polar ice caps melt...
04-22-2009 09:16 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

It's just a situation that you can do no right in. There is always going to be a very vocal opposition and you're just gonna have to roll with the punches.
04-22-2009 09:53 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(04-22-2009 06:26 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  Its because his lefty teacher lied to him.

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!
03-lmfao More wingnuts. Welcome to the "nut house".
04-23-2009 01:15 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(04-23-2009 01:15 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!

I have a friend who is also a scientist, he also has several sci-fi books published. You know what I like about him? He's honest about which is which.
04-23-2009 01:49 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-23-2009 01:49 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!

I have a friend who is also a scientist, he also has several sci-fi books published. You know what I like about him? He's honest about which is which.
You know damn well that is a lie. If he is a conservative, he can't possibly believe in science and is not honest.
04-25-2009 02:29 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(04-25-2009 02:29 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!

You know damn well that is a lie. If he is a conservative, he can't possibly believe in science and is not honest.

Come on, Rob. Global warming is so full of holes the liberals have started to call it climate change in order to have cooler weather fit their agenda.

I was watching a show some time back and it noted that boulders in Central Park, NYC, where not formed in that area. They were dragged down from Canada by glaciers that have long since disappeared. I wonder what human influence caused those glaciers to disappear thousands of years ago??? The problem with global warming is that politicians like Gore, who is not a scientist, are making scientific decisions and people follow them without question.
04-25-2009 09:01 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(04-25-2009 09:01 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  The problem with global warming is that politicians like Gore, who is not a scientist, are making scientific decisions and people follow them without question.

But they're not making scientific decisions. They're making political decisions, pushing a political agenda, and using (bad-junk) science as a means. But your right about sheep and young impressionable captive children following without question.

Oh, and then there's that little thing about making a sh1t load of money.
04-25-2009 09:48 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I can't sit here and honestly say that climate change is human based. But that doesn't mean that there won't be any benefit from the use of greener products in some areas of life. Air pollution in the most congested cities is human based and i think that could be solved.
04-25-2009 12:57 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I don't really KNOW how much climate change is man-made and how much is not. Neither does any of the self-proclaimed "experts" on either side of the debate.

That being said, it strikes me as pretty stupid to do something intentionally to alter the compostion of the earth's atmosphere except to a minimal extent that absolutely cannot be avoided. Green makes sense, not because we know that greenhouse gases cause global warming, but because we don't really know what they do.
04-25-2009 01:30 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(04-25-2009 09:48 AM)Paul M Wrote:  But they're not making scientific decisions. They're making political decisions, pushing a political agenda, and using (bad-junk) science as a means. But your right about sheep and young impressionable captive children following without question.

I guess you could say they're inventing their own science based on politics.
04-25-2009 04:06 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-25-2009 09:01 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(04-25-2009 02:29 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

HAPPY EARTH DAY, 2009!

Come on, Rob. Global warming is so full of holes the liberals have started to call it climate change in order to have cooler weather fit their agenda.

I was watching a show some time back and it noted that boulders in Central Park, NYC, where not formed in that area. They were dragged down from Canada by glaciers that have long since disappeared. I wonder what human influence caused those glaciers to disappear thousands of years ago??? The problem with global warming is that politicians like Gore, who is not a scientist, are making scientific decisions and people follow them without question.
Global warming is not full of holes. You righties just don't understand how it works. Yes, there is more of a change in name but there is a reason(ie. global warming is only part of the equation-a big part though).
04-25-2009 04:47 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-25-2009 09:48 AM)Paul M Wrote:  
(04-25-2009 09:01 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  The problem with global warming is that politicians like Gore, who is not a scientist, are making scientific decisions and people follow them without question.

But they're not making scientific decisions. They're making political decisions, pushing a political agenda, and using (bad-junk) science as a means. But your right about sheep and young impressionable captive children following without question.

As if your anti-man made global warming "scientists" aren't highly paid by the oil/coal industry to put out studies in the best interest in those companies.
04-25-2009 04:52 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(04-25-2009 04:52 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

As if your anti-man made global warming "scientists" aren't highly paid by the oil/coal industry to put out studies in the best interest in those companies.

If there's money to be made saying global warming doesn't exit, then there's money to be made saying it does. Unfortunately for you, saying there's global warming and proving it are world's apart.
04-25-2009 05:07 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-25-2009 04:52 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

At this point I think BOTH sides have been co-opted by money.
On the other hand, any study should be evaluated based on the quality and validity of its methodology and assumptions, not who paid for it.
The source of funding does not, in and of itself, render any work unreliable.

Was undue influence brought upon the study by the funding source?
Is undue influence brought upon all work in this area by the fact that the scientific establishment, which conducts the peer reviews, has pretty much decided that only one point of view will be published?
Is funding by oil companies the only way to overcome the inherent prejudice in the peer review process?

Certain elements of the scientific establishment are going to great lengths to stifle honest debate on the issue. They may be right. On the other hand, they may be simply the modern-day successors to those who attempted to silence Galileo and Copernicus.

What's really sad is how much effort is going into this debate when either way fossil fuels create environmental problems and either way we pretty much need to be doing the same things to end our reliance on foreign oil. It would be far better to be able to do those things in a rational, orderly manner rather than in a panic/crisis mode.

Where I see a real problem is that I believe some participants have hidden agendas which benefit from forcing things to done in a panic/crisis mode rather than allowing sensible and rational decisions to be made. Sensible and rational decision-making would never have led us to corn ethanol, for example.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2009 05:24 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
04-25-2009 05:14 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-25-2009 12:57 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I can't sit here and honestly say that climate change is human based. But that doesn't mean that there won't be any benefit from the use of greener products in some areas of life. Air pollution in the most congested cities is human based and i think that could be solved.

The greenies should stop trying to focus on "Whats good for the earth" and start focusing on "Whats good for humans". Clean air and water are enough reasons to go green. I don't need some doomsday prediction to understand this.
04-26-2009 08:31 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(04-25-2009 04:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Global warming is not full of holes. You righties just don't understand how it works.

Yes, there is more of a change in name

but there is a reason(ie. global warming is only part of the equation-a big part though).

How about us just changing it to what it really and truly is once and for all ....

"GLOBAL BULL-SH'TTING" .

Now finally a name we all can trust in.

04-26-2009 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.