Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HR 1388 GIVE/Serve act passes
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
HR 1388 GIVE/Serve act passes
Yep...The brownshirts are back.....and this time, it passed with "bipartisan" support. Anyone stupid enough to believe that this will be "voluntary" is dumber than a box of rocks! Government ALWAYS extends the scope and size of EVERY program it starts. This may look benign at it's inception...but...It will quickly grow to be a deadly cancer.

I applaud voluntary service to one's neighbors...This will not be voluntary.03-banghead
04-03-2009 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: HR 1388 GIVE/Serve act passes
More info
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1388/show
(a really nice site as far as I can tell)

http://northstarliberty.blogspot.com/200...nized.html
(I like this commentary)
04-03-2009 10:22 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
this is the path to 'free' Education K - Doctoral Program
"you can go to college for 'free' if only you sign up"..

more likely to resemble Wilson's version of this than the brownshirts, though similar.

Remember how Charlie Rangel, MTV and other outlets connected to the Youth vote LIED, claiming the GOP was giong to install a Draft? "Vote or Die" as Pdiddy claimed in 2004
Proof the morons that vote Democrat are either the most dishonest people on the planet or just the most gullible. This is a founding beleif of "Progressivism"

just as Huge Deficit spending is a Founding princple of progressivism, even though they bashed bush for years on spending, which dwarfs what they are doing.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2009 11:06 AM by GGniner.)
04-03-2009 10:36 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
No matter what Conservatives say, The progressive will never listen because Conservatives will never fight tooth and nail like the progressives do. Conservatism loses out of the gate.
04-03-2009 10:50 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Yep, the United States of Obama is coming to fruition.

The American Hitler Youth has been born and will terrorize all they survey with powers unseen until these present times.

Here are the 16 Year Olds with the Machine Guns and Riot Batons, who will be able to run amuck on the streets and cause more mayhem than one can even dream.

And when 20 Obama-Hitler Youth have broken down your door without a Warrant of any kind, and they are beating the bones out of your body with the Butt Stocks of their M16's while confiscating your Guns ......

JUST REMEMBER how much you LOVE THE CHRIST-LIKE BEING, Barack Hussein Obama .....

Ain't this country GREAT ???????

04-03-2009 10:56 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(04-03-2009 09:39 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Yep...The brownshirts are back.....and this time, it passed with "bipartisan" support. Anyone stupid enough to believe that this will be "voluntary" is dumber than a box of rocks! Government ALWAYS extends the scope and size of EVERY program it starts. This may look benign at it's inception...but...It will quickly grow to be a deadly cancer.

I applaud voluntary service to one's neighbors...This will not be voluntary.03-banghead
03-lmfao Man, you sure are paranoid aren't you?
04-03-2009 11:04 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2009 11:04 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(04-03-2009 09:39 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Yep...The brownshirts are back.....and this time, it passed with "bipartisan" support. Anyone stupid enough to believe that this will be "voluntary" is dumber than a box of rocks! Government ALWAYS extends the scope and size of EVERY program it starts. This may look benign at it's inception...but...It will quickly grow to be a deadly cancer.

....and history repeats itself. Neville has been reincarnated.

You remind of of Cartman on the new video game episode where he kept calling himself in the past telling himself not to freeze himself.
04-03-2009 11:13 AM
Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-03-2009 10:56 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

The American Hitler Youth has been born and will terrorize all they survey with powers unseen until these present times.

Here are the 16 Year Olds with the Machine Guns and Riot Batons, who will be able to run amuck on the streets and cause more mayhem than one can even dream.

And when 20 Obama-Hitler Youth have broken down your door without a Warrant of any kind, and they are beating the bones out of your body with the Butt Stocks of their M16's while confiscating your Guns ......

JUST REMEMBER how much you LOVE THE CHRIST-LIKE BEING, Barack Hussein Obama .....

Oh my god! Obama IS Hitler. Oh my god! THe fascist has risen to power here!

You guys are all completely 01-wingedeagle
04-03-2009 11:14 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-03-2009 11:13 AM)Rebel Wrote:  

....and history repeats itself. Neville has been reincarnated.

You remind of of Cartman on the new video game episode where he kept calling himself in the past telling himself not to freeze himself.
You remind me of a nutcase. I guess there is a reason for that. 05-stirthepot
04-03-2009 11:15 AM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Roberta, simple history assignment for you: American Protective League

research that one and get back to us
04-03-2009 11:20 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/toady
04-03-2009 11:24 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

Yes...Observing the obvious progressive growth of the state and the digression of liberties have made me that way.05-stirthepot

This is simply a new bureaucracy to have to finance with stolen wages. Volunteers will now become bureaucrats.... Just as the Americorp workers are now. Any idea that can not raise financing in the market place to achieve it's goals is a BAD idea. This idea...while well intentioned will be another FAILED government program. Why? Because government fails in ALL it's initiatives.03-banghead
04-03-2009 12:27 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
since you brought Eisenhower into this(other thread), his Interstate Highway system was/is a Government program and I wouldn't call it a failure. There are some things the Feds are good at, roads, military...

of course the Birchers of his day were convinced Eisenhower was a secret Commie spy, out to destroy us. the irony is many of them now quote Eisenhower as a source of authority for some of their objectives
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2009 12:51 PM by GGniner.)
04-03-2009 12:32 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(04-03-2009 11:14 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

The Sociofascism that is here today is not all BO's fault. I'd say every POTUS has added in some way to our loss of liberty. It is impossible to stop those in power from wanting to centralize that power. It is this fact that leads to the eventual demise of all governmental systems. Our system is the best attempt thus far..but..it too will suffer the same demise. Hopefully the next time we will "evolve" not "revolve" to a more voluntary society based on private property rights and the non-aggression principle. That is my dream.
04-03-2009 12:37 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2009 12:32 PM)GGniner Wrote:  since you brought Eisenhower into this(other thread), his Interstate Highway system was/is a Government program and I wouldn't call it a failure. There are some things the Feds are good at, roads, military...

of course the Birchers of his day were convinced Eisenhower was a secret Commie spy, out to destroy us. the irony is many of them now quote Eisenhower as a source of authority for some of their objectives

Which ones are you referring to? The Birchers or the Commies? Or (more likely) both?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2009 02:25 PM by I45owl.)
04-03-2009 02:24 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-03-2009 02:24 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(04-03-2009 12:32 PM)GGniner Wrote:  since you brought Eisenhower into this(other thread), his Interstate Highway system was/is a Government program and I wouldn't call it a failure. There are some things the Feds are good at, roads, military...

Which ones are you referring to? The Birchers or the Commies? Or (more likely) both?

I was thinking birchers of today(Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, etc) and their like minded groups who like to bash US foreign policy by using that quote about a "military industrial complex" along with Washington/Hamilton's out of context, "entangling alliances" quote.

however, the far-left will use this same quote for same purposes when it suits them, allies on this with the above mentioned.

Rothbardian(Anarcho-Capitalist) John Birch types that is
04-03-2009 02:41 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(04-03-2009 12:37 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

The Sociofascism that is here today is not all BO's fault. I'd say every POTUS has added in some way to our loss of liberty. It is impossible to stop those in power from wanting to centralize that power. It is this fact that leads to the eventual demise of all governmental systems. Our system is the best attempt thus far..but..it too will suffer the same demise. Hopefully the next time we will "evolve" not "revolve" to a more voluntary society based on private property rights and the non-aggression principle. That is my dream.

What would be necessary for this to happen. The collective would have to quit paying taxes.
04-03-2009 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2009 12:37 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  The Sociofascism that is here today is not all BO's fault. I'd say every POTUS has added in some way to our loss of liberty. It is impossible to stop those in power from wanting to centralize that power. It is this fact that leads to the eventual demise of all governmental systems. Our system is the best attempt thus far..but..it too will suffer the same demise. Hopefully the next time we will "evolve" not "revolve" to a more voluntary society based on private property rights and the non-aggression principle. That is my dream.

The republicans are particularly poorly placed to object after the increase in spending and expansion of federal power pursuant to the patRIOT act and other measures during the Shrub era.
04-03-2009 07:11 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(04-03-2009 02:59 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(04-03-2009 12:37 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

What would be necessary for this to happen. The collective would have to quit paying taxes.

Well...yes....stop allowing the theft.04-cheers

I have no problem with a user fee based system. When I do not receive equal value when I relinquish the fruits of my labor...I have a problem.
04-03-2009 08:23 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(04-03-2009 02:41 PM)GGniner Wrote:  
(04-03-2009 02:24 PM)I45owl Wrote:  

I was thinking birchers of today(Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, etc) and their like minded groups who like to bash US foreign policy by using that quote about a "military industrial complex" along with Washington/Hamilton's out of context, "entangling alliances" quote.

however, the far-left will use this same quote for same purposes when it suits them, allies on this with the above mentioned.

Rothbardian(Anarcho-Capitalist) John Birch types that is

I'm sorry...GG I just can not buy your assertion that meddling in every damn aspect of the world has been the correct policy. I fully understand your position and respect it.... but I will never agree that MY wages should be used to further these policies. I think if a group wants to go around and meddle all over the world in others affairs...they are certainly free to do so with THEIR wages. By all means...Go and get together those that are of like mind,gather resources and have at it. Just please don't ask me to support those that policy with MY wages.
04-03-2009 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.