Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Belmont loses at ODU and the future
BluBare Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Belmont
Belmont loses at ODU and the future
That game was as frustrating as a number of others this year. Felt like a game we really should have won. Kevin Ingram also indicated we would have hosted a semifinal game against JMU. Renfroe had two fouls before the first TO and that really limited his time and aggressiveness. He still nearly had triple double. Our three's in the second half didn't go in, theirs did.

On the year, it was a good year, and the seniors should be proud of their overall career as it will be an historic period for Belmont basketball, but still feels like they underachieved a little bit this year.

As to the future, it was great to see Hedgepeth come on in the second half of the year. With Saunders and Noack coming in, we will be much more effective in the low post and less reliant on the three point shot. I would expect both Clark and Johnson to contribute next year as both bring some needed athleticism and ability to drive and score.

It will be interesting to see how the guard position plays out next fall. I'm not sure I'm sold on Hanlen yet. Too many turnovers and not a great enough threat driving the ball. Johnny Rice plays hard and seems like a nice boost off the bench or when you're trying to catch up with threes, but not sure he's got enough to be a starting guard.

Brandon Baker looked interesting at the scrimmage. Played with a lot of energy and could shoot the three. Adam Barnes played pretty well too, but not sure if he's a starter.

Anybody know if we're trying sign one more late? or maybe a Gerald Robinson transfer?
03-24-2009 10:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Belmont
RE: Belmont loses at ODU and the future
Blu, that was a nice assessment. I agree that we seemed to underachieve this year.

I am excited about our two guards coming in. On the flip side, I hope we don't have to depend on freshmen too much at the guard position. The college game is won at the guard position. I think inexperience is what has been plaguing Lipscomb this past year. You'll notice they seemed to really improve in the second half of the year with their freshmen and sophomores getting more experience.
04-02-2009 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.