Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Round 1 NIU vs Kent State Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Round 1 NIU vs Kent State Game Thread
Just over 14 hours until tip, but never too early to start talking. Probably a 1 and done scenario for the Huskies but it would be sweet if they could advance. They were fairly competitive @ UB, which might make for an interesting 2nd round matchup if they pull off an upset. Has anyone seen an early line to know how much we are dogs by?
03-09-2009 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: Round 1 NIU vs Kent State Game Thread
Some good news, even if I'm not sure how much it will matter.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/blogs/huskie_wire/

Quote:Here is the full news release:

Kent State University has suspended Chris Singletary for one game after reviewing the circumstances regarding a flagrant personal foul charged against him in Sunday’s win over Akron. The junior guard will sit the Golden Flashes’ Mid-American Conference Tournament opening round contest against Northern Illinois on Tuesday.

“After reviewing the circumstances of the flagrant foul charged against Chris, coach Geno Ford and I have reached the decision to suspend him for Tuesday’s game,” said Laing Kennedy, Kent State’s Director of Athletics, “The interpretation from head referee Terry Wymer, who I have the utmost respect for, was that the action warranted a flagrant foul for a non-basketball play. However Coach Ford and I feel the situation required additional attention and disciplinary action from our end.”

“This is strong and appropriate action from the administration and coaching staff at Kent State University,” said MAC Commissioner Rick Chryst. “The conduct that prompted the flagrant personal foul call in yesterday’s Akron contest, and subsequent game ejection of Chris Singletary, is isolated in nature and not at all reflective of the high respect that the Kent State basketball program, and truly the entire league, is known for. In my view, this should return the focus in a very positive manner to the tremendous rivalry that exists between these two institutions.”
03-09-2009 11:45 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(03-09-2009 11:45 PM)7 Wrote:  Some good news, even if I'm not sure how much it will matter.

Kent State University has suspended Chris Singletary for one game after reviewing the circumstances regarding a flagrant personal foul charged against him in Sunday’s win over Akron. The junior guard will sit the Golden Flashes’ Mid-American Conference Tournament opening round contest against Northern Illinois on Tuesday.

“After reviewing the circumstances of the flagrant foul charged against Chris, coach Geno Ford and I have reached the decision to suspend him for Tuesday’s game,” said Laing Kennedy, Kent State’s Director of Athletics, “The interpretation from head referee Terry Wymer, who I have the utmost respect for, was that the action warranted a flagrant foul for a non-basketball play. However Coach Ford and I feel the situation required additional attention and disciplinary action from our end.”

“This is strong and appropriate action from the administration and coaching staff at Kent State University,” said MAC Commissioner Rick Chryst. “The conduct that prompted the flagrant personal foul call in yesterday’s Akron contest, and subsequent game ejection of Chris Singletary, is isolated in nature and not at all reflective of the high respect that the Kent State basketball program, and truly the entire league, is known for. In my view, this should return the focus in a very positive manner to the tremendous rivalry that exists between these two institutions.”

That is good news but it almost wants to make me beat Kent more. Do you think he would be sitting if Kent St was playing Buffalo tomorrow? A little disrespect for the Huskies in my book.
03-09-2009 11:48 PM
Foam Finger Offline
Bench Warmer

We are about a 12 point underdog.
03-10-2009 12:20 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-09-2009 11:48 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-09-2009 11:45 PM)7 Wrote:  Some good news, even if I'm not sure how much it will matter.

That is good news but it almost wants to make me beat Kent more. Do you think he would be sitting if Kent St was playing Buffalo tomorrow? A little disrespect for the Huskies in my book.
I actually agree with you but we will never know if they would have sat him if they were playing someone "better". I didn't see what he did so it could be that it was bad enough that he would have sat no matter what.
03-10-2009 01:54 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Then this is good bulletin board material for Patton. I would be telling my team this. If this can't get them pumped and ready to battle Kent than we have a lot of quitters on this team. I expect Patton to get good mileage on this.
03-10-2009 07:34 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
NIU - 74

Kent State - 62

After this game, I predict we go all the way and win the MAC title.
03-10-2009 08:03 AM
High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

(03-10-2009 07:34 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Then this is good bulletin board material for Patton. I would be telling my team this. If this can't get them pumped and ready to battle Kent than we have a lot of quitters on this team. I expect Patton to get good mileage on this.

I don't know if this is that big of bulletin board material.
First of all, we don't know that Kent State wouldn't have sat Singletary a game no matter who they were playing and the fact that they could jeopardize a first round loss in the MAC tourney indicates they would have sat him no matter who their opponent was.
Secondly, at this point, players will already be pumped up because it is the MAC tournament. They shouldn't need any additional pseudo pumping. If they aren't mentally ready to play good ball, hearing that news won't do anything more and if they are mentally ready, it won't be any helpful additional pumping. It might work better in high school, but even then the pseudo pumping only works for a short time before preparedness and skill and the desire to play well have to carry a team through the long haul of a game. And if a team is too pumped up, they tend to not be able to play well anyway.
I don't really see any mileage to get, except to get us fans all up in a foaming frenzy.
I think our guys will be nervous and pumped enough to struggle early anyway. I hope Kent State guys are tight and not sharp at the beginning so we can build a little confidence and have a chance to win at the end. Best case scenario is to come out loose and excited, but not too pumped. We have nothing to lose since we aren't expected to play with Kent State so maybe our guys will just play hard and find success!
03-10-2009 08:30 AM
true love Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Huskies all day
Go Huskies! Go! Go! Go! Go! Beat Kent State.
03-10-2009 08:49 AM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

I have a bad feeling about this game.
I don't think it will be close.
I hope I am very very very wrong.
03-10-2009 10:43 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
could someone link to a free TV or radio feed? Thanks
03-10-2009 01:36 PM
Advertisement

DSniu41 Offline
1st String

go to WLBK 1360's website and click "LISTEN LIVE" on the left hand side
03-10-2009 01:39 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
just clicked it and it took me to a blank page that has the url "http://1360wlbk.com:7700" at the top...greattt
03-10-2009 01:41 PM
DSniu41 Offline
1st String

you have to use internet explorer for the link to work, it doesn't work with Firefox/Chrome
03-10-2009 01:44 PM
EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
thats what i got

Huskies up 14-11 at 14 min timeout
03-10-2009 01:44 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
wow that was a huge brainfart...thanks DS haha
03-10-2009 01:48 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
lets go huskies...
03-10-2009 01:49 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
back to back threes for niu

20-15 NIU lead
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 01:51 PM by armour248.)
03-10-2009 01:51 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Does anybody have a steam that works? It didn't work on IE for me..
03-10-2009 01:52 PM
DSniu41 Offline
1st String

so far, so good! how many 3's has Sean Smith taken/missed
03-10-2009 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.