Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Global Warming protest...called because of SNOW
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Wink Global Warming protest...called because of SNOW
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 11:01 AM by DrTorch.)
03-02-2009 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Global Warming protest...called because of SNOW
isn't this one of the coldest winters on record
03-02-2009 11:04 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
It's climate change GG.......... climate change.............. Alot of CO2 models predict colder winters in Europe and N. America. Look up thermo haline convection current.
03-02-2009 11:11 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-02-2009 11:11 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's climate change GG.......... climate change..............

So, you guys just changed global warming to "climate change"? Kind of a catchall, don'tcha think? How convenient.
03-02-2009 11:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
of course, we've had a Dynamic Climate("Climate Change") for the entire history of the world.

needless to say, the libs have been telling us it was getting hotter, Ice bergs were melting and we were "ALL GOING TO DIE". In reality Ice bergs are expanding, Al Gore is a joke and even he is being forced to remove some portions of his Politics of Fear documentary for the lie that they represent.
03-02-2009 11:14 AM
DrTorch Offline

(03-02-2009 11:11 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's climate change GG.......... climate change.............. Alot of CO2 models predict colder winters in Europe and N. America.

Then what exactly is the problem?

Too bad they don't teach science to kids in public schools.
03-02-2009 11:16 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Yes, as others have pointed out, they have conveniently changed the name of the issue. They also have been found to have bad data regarding the amount of ice in the arctic, and we know the antarctic has added quite a bit of new ice in the last decade.

The only constant about the earth is that the weather changes all the time. Trying to pinpoint the cause of any of the changes is impossible.
03-02-2009 11:27 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Let's just give it an honest moniker. Global Whatever The Weather Is Doing This Week.
03-02-2009 11:31 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Link to where we have been adding ice in the Arctic??????????? There is one small very small area in the antarctic that has been adding ice. The right loves to expolit this whenever they bring up global climate change. If you actually saw the map of where ice is being added to where it's being taken away you would be embarassed by that comment.
03-02-2009 11:37 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Mach, it was all over the news about 2 weeks ago. The sensor that told them that there would be no ice at the north pole was found to be malfunctioning and they ended up having a lot more ice than they realized.

As far as the antarctic ice, from what I've read, that "small very small area" actually was putting on as much ice as was being lost on the other side of the ice shelf.

I'll see if I can find the article.
03-02-2009 11:43 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Follow the multple links and stories here: http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm

all over the world they are growing, such as "Artic Sea Ice growing at fatest rate in recorded history" or "Alaska Glaciers Grow for the first time in 250 years" or "Much of Antarctica has been cooling for the last 35 years"....
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 11:46 AM by GGniner.)
03-02-2009 11:45 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/02/18/ns...t-45-days/

That is just some info... basically they understated 500,000 sq. km of ice, claiming it was open sea.

Now the ice thickness is still down from historic levels, but there are also a lot of people beginning to question the historical data based on the algorithm they used to compute it. They say there is a new algorithm that everyone agree's is better, but the historical data is not there yet with this new algorithm. It should be an interesting next few years to see where the sea ice levels trend.
03-02-2009 11:48 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
all you need to know is Greenland was originally "Green Land" when the Vikings were around, now its a Glacier.

There were no Cars back 1000 years ago
03-02-2009 11:51 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
This global warming crap is silly and Gore know's it. He is so invested in this that he could never back out now.

Do I even care?...NO

What these dimwits should be asking is.....Is developing alternative renewable energy is a good idea?..Is having clean air to breathe a good idea?...Is reducing our dependency on foreign oil a good idea?

These are the things the we ALL agree are probably good things to achieve....and....They also accomplish the same goals as the GW zombies want to achieve regardless of the science.

Damn...I really sounded like a politician there didn't I.03-lmfao
03-02-2009 12:02 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
it seems pretty easy to find data supporting whatever someone's position may be in this debate
03-02-2009 12:04 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

We are all going to DIE !!!!!!!!!

If god-Bama doesn't get another $5 Trillion in Manual Stimulation past SOON !!!!!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO SLOWLY BURN TO LITTLE CRISPY CRITTERS !!!!!

It is horrible ..... let your kids know that before they are 8 Years Old and are taught in school how to have Safe Sex that isn't Sex unless it IS Sex but if IS IS IS and SEX IS SEX, and they don't hurry up and get some, their little tiny pre-pubescent thingy's are going to DRY UP, SLOWLY MELT AWAY, and FALL OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH god-BAMA !!!!!!!!!!!! HELP US - - PLEASE HAVE MERCY and PASS THAT NEW MANUAL STIMULATION BILL !!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU god-BAMA ...... WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and god-BAMA, if you aren't too busy, will you PLEASE Walk on the Arctic Ocean and CREATE SOME ICE DOWN THERE - - PLEASE OH god-BAMA)

03-02-2009 12:07 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

Is developing alternative renewable energy is a good idea?..Is having clean air to breathe a good idea?...Is reducing our dependency on foreign oil a good idea?

Agree
03-02-2009 12:07 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
I'm all about keeping our environment clean for me, my children, and my grandchildren. I'm also all about developing alternative fuels to get us off foreign oil.

I am not in favor of putting a further burden on the industries in America by putting large taxes (that are passed on to consumers) or ridiculous regulations that do nothing but further weaken our economy.
03-02-2009 12:14 PM
DrTorch Offline

(03-02-2009 12:02 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  What these dimwits should be asking is.....Is developing alternative renewable energy is a good idea?..Is having clean air to breathe a good idea?...Is reducing our dependency on foreign oil a good idea?

These are the things the we ALL agree are probably good things to achieve....and....They also accomplish the same goals as the GW zombies want to achieve regardless of the science.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Which is why I abhor the resources wasted on Global Warming. It's a distraction, meaning time and money being lost. It also undermines the use of logic and rigor in science. If some "expert" is sure about something, he can cheat on his science b/c it's for the good of all. Gee, we don't have historical examples of that going awry, do we?

Where's the attention given to PG&E* signing up to use solar thermal energy, at a cost competitive rate? Why is all you see photovoltaics?
*edit actually the most recent is SoCal Edison. PG&E signed up a couple of years ago.

You want C sequestering? Maybe it involves gene splicing kudzu w/ pines or oaks. Or maybe it's algae based oil. I don't know for sure, but I don't hear much about this issue if it's so friggin important.

Where are other energy strategies being quantified and presented? This is science, no sociology...hard numbers exist upon which to make policy decisons.

I went to a gas station last week and they were using LEDs for overhead lighting. If they can afford it, why are we told homes and businesses can't? Where are LED lighting? Instead we get CFLs, which are a huge scam, and every bubblehead local TV personality espousing their benefits. We also have HS students believing they understand the universe b/c their lackwit teacher relayed the most current fable.

What's up w/ all this smoke and mirrors?
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 12:26 PM by DrTorch.)
03-02-2009 12:23 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
all the fearmongering, lies, half-truths, etc. put forth by the Media, Al Gore and all these Government funded "Science" agencies is paying off now with Obama's mega-spending plan. They are finally getting their big payday, which is what much of this was really about.
03-02-2009 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.