Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bracketology- no surprise
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Bracketology- no surprise
Lunardi has Western in this week. They are a 12 seed (not bad) and play Xavier in the first round.
02-23-2009 08:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

RE: Bracketology- no surprise
(02-23-2009 08:35 PM)mjs Wrote:  Lunardi has Western in this week. They are a 12 seed (not bad) and play Xavier in the first round.

Am I the only one aggravated by Western going to the NCAA every year. There are 13 teams in the league. People around the country are going to think Western is in a one team league. Time for UALR to step up to the plate. We've been close so many times since being in the Sun Belt, and we just haven't been able to close the deal. We may never get in until we start receiving at large bids for our league, which may be NEVER.03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit
02-23-2009 08:40 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

(02-23-2009 08:40 PM)Dr. J. Wrote:  
(02-23-2009 08:35 PM)mjs Wrote:  Lunardi has Western in this week. They are a 12 seed (not bad) and play Xavier in the first round.

Am I the only one aggravated by Western going to the NCAA every year. There are 13 teams in the league. People around the country are going to think Western is in a one team league. Time for UALR to step up to the plate. We've been close so many times since being in the Sun Belt, and we just haven't been able to close the deal. We may never get in until we start receiving at large bids for our league, which may be NEVER.03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit

In the past few season, WKU, ULL, and USA have represented the Belt the most.
02-23-2009 08:42 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2009 08:42 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

North Texas and even ASU have gone this decade, so it's not like Western goes every year. I'll take the field against WKU this year, just like I would take the field against us.
02-23-2009 08:45 PM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

(02-23-2009 08:45 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-23-2009 08:42 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

North Texas and even ASU have gone this decade, so it's not like Western goes every year. I'll take the field against WKU this year, just like I would take the field against us.

This is our best chance to win it. The Belt has alot of young teams, so more than likely it will be more competitive than this season.
02-23-2009 08:48 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Quote:North Texas and even ASU have gone this decade, so it's not like Western goes every year. I'll take the field against WKU this year, just like I would take the field against us.

ASU has not.

'00 WKU
'01 WKU
'02 WKU
'03 ULL
'04 ULL
'05 ULL
'06 USA
'07 UNT
'08 WKU
'09 ???

If WKU were to win (I agree with the post above, I'll take the field against WKU) we would have won as many championships this decade as the rest of the Belt combined.

Of course I want to win both, but not winning the regular season might be a blessing for which ever one of us it happens to. As of right now I think the #1 seed probably gets a healthy FIU in the first round and then the winner of the USA/UNT game in the second. That is a TOUGH, TOUGH road to hoe.

Of course the secret to multiple bids is winning non-conference games. WKU and UALR have held up our end, its time for some of the other conference members to help us out. It would probably only take every Sunbelt team winning one or two more non-conference games for us to get real close to that second bid.
02-24-2009 06:05 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
(02-24-2009 06:05 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
Quote:North Texas and even ASU have gone this decade, so it's not like Western goes every year. I'll take the field against WKU this year, just like I would take the field against us.

ASU has not.

'00 WKU
'01 WKU
'02 WKU
'03 ULL
'04 ULL
'05 ULL
'06 USA
'07 UNT
'08 WKU
'09 ???

If WKU were to win (I agree with the post above, I'll take the field against WKU) we would have won as many championships this decade as the rest of the Belt combined.

Of course I want to win both, but not winning the regular season might be a blessing for which ever one of us it happens to. As of right now I think the #1 seed probably gets a healthy FIU in the first round and then the winner of the USA/UNT game in the second. That is a TOUGH, TOUGH road to hoe.

Of course the secret to multiple bids is winning non-conference games. WKU and UALR have held up our end, its time for some of the other conference members to help us out. It would probably only take every Sunbelt team winning one or two more non-conference games for us to get real close to that second bid.

I see what you're saying, but for me I'd much rather go through the #1 seed's road than the the 2 or 3 seed. On that half of the bracket we'd have to (likely) play Troy and you guys both to win it all. Yikes, no thank you!
02-24-2009 10:16 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
+1
02-24-2009 11:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.