Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Lowest of the Low....
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
The Lowest of the Low....
What in the hell is the World coming to? Economy may be in the toilet, but its been worse before, and people didn't stoop to this.

Man robs San Antonio Brownie Girl Scouts selling cookies

SAN ANTONIO — A robber and his accomplice in a getaway vehicle stole about $250 from a group selling Girl Scout cookies, leaving one of the girls “devastated.”

Members of a Girl Scout Brownie troop and two adults were selling cookies outside a Walgreen’s drugstore in San Antonio Wednesday night when a man walked out of the store and grabbed a bag containing proceeds from the cookie sales — about $250 and a check — police said. A woman driving a vehicle picked up the robber, and the couple drove off, according to police.

The store manager, Patricia Grohman, told the San Antonio Express-News that she ran outside when she heard screams.

“One little girl was just devastated, and she was very frightened,” she said. “She had worked so hard to earn that money, so I just tried to calm her down and make sure she was OK.”

Grohman said Walgreen’s customers have donated money that will be presented to the troop.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6274722.html
02-22-2009 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: The Lowest of the Low....

Do you have any idea how much Tax Free money the Girl Scouts and The Camp Fire Organization make off this crap ???

It is absolutely Criminal and compares only with Microsoft and the Vatican in yearly raw income.

My wife became a Troop Leader and it is almost militaristic how these Corporations go after Dollars and I mean you either get your Troop to whore them selves out selling everything from cookies to rubber dog sh't, or YOU pay the Piper .... and they will take you to court in a super nova flash if you don't come up with the cash.

I hate the kids got actually and physically robbed, but it is no worse than what their Corporate Central Office is doing to them every day.

I think my wife's Troop got about .2 Cents out of every Dollar they earned given back to them and this was only IF and WHEN they broke a Ceiling Amount of like $275 or $575 Dollars.

This is the best hidden legal Rip Off I have ever seen first hand.

02-22-2009 01:29 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: The Lowest of the Low....
Looks like you missed your thin mints this year.
02-25-2009 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.