Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"UT Nite Time" with Guest Tim Beckman
WXUT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
"UT Nite Time" with Guest Tim Beckman
Hello all,

One of our sportscasters, Mason Lowry, is hosting a late night University talk show for our campus public access channel, and tonight's guest was none other than new Rocket football coach Tim Beckman! Here is a link to tonight's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biLvWpprw0g

The interview starts at the 9:55 mark - feel free to skip over the attempted comedy that precedes it - but we thought that all you fans might appreciate seeing our new coach in action, so to speak. He's a very funny, excitable, engaging man who we all should be happy to have here.

Also, we will be airing tomorrow's women's game against Western Michigan tomorrow afternoon. Mason and Conner Briggs will have the call at 2 pm on 88.3 FM, and online here. We will have pregame, halftime, and postgame coverage, as well as an exclusive interview with our UT Student Broadcasting Player of the Game.

Thanks for your support,
WXUT: Toledo's Only Alternative.
02-21-2009 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
RE: "UT Nite Time" with Guest Tim Beckman
Nice interview with Coach Beckman but... what's with the host stating he's "a Michigan fan" on a UT show to the new coach; that's highly inappropriate and shameful.

In case you missed it;

Rockets 13 Michigan 10
02-21-2009 07:49 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
That was actually very well done. The host has a pretty good future in front of him as long as he continues to develop his own style and doesn't try to be a combination of Carson, Leno, Letterman and O'Brien.
02-21-2009 07:55 AM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Thanks for linking this. I can't wait for the Spring game!
02-21-2009 08:42 AM
Advertisement

rickk Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Interesting fact that Beckman got a call the Sunday after he beat Missouri (which is the Sunday after UT beat Michigan) asking for his interst in the Rocket job. Not that it matters really at this point, but it looks like the decision was made very early on that this was Amstutz's last lear and the U of M win was not a saving grace.

I agree with the previous post that the host of this show needs to push UT and drop his "being a fan of Michigan".
02-21-2009 12:00 PM
WXUT Offline
Water Engineer

(02-21-2009 12:00 PM)rickk Wrote:  I agree with the previous post that the host of this show needs to push UT and drop his "being a fan of Michigan".

Mason, the host, is an Ann Arbor native and, although I do know that he loves this university and its teams, I can't imagine that he's going to drop being a UM fan (although he called the UT/UM game on our station, did a fine job, and was not the least bit upset)- although I am sure he can be convinced to be less vocal about it when speaking to the coach of his school. 03-idea

I think he was trying to make a crack about something being called "that school down south," but I can't be sure.
02-21-2009 12:06 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(02-21-2009 12:06 PM)WXUT Wrote:  ...although I am sure he can be convinced to be less vocal about it when speaking to the coach of his school. 03-idea

Or when doing anything where he's representing this university...

-Dan
02-21-2009 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.