Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"YOU MIGHT JUST BE A REDNECK"
Bookmark and Share
Dr. J. Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
"YOU MIGHT JUST BE A REDNECK"
if you walk up to the father of a UALR player after the ASU game and flip him the bird right in his face. That's what happened to III's dad following the game. And it wasn't a kid either. It was a grown man who should have known better. But let's be honest. There are always a few idiots in every team's fan base. I'm not catagorizing all ASU fans as being "rednecks". Most are probably decent people. But this type of behavior by a few reflects badly on all. Sad, but true.01-lauramac2
02-16-2009 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: "YOU MIGHT JUST BE A REDNECK"
(02-16-2009 10:48 AM)Dr. J. Wrote:  if you walk up to the father of a UALR player after the ASU game and flip him the bird right in his face. That's what happened to III's dad following the game. And it wasn't a kid either. It was a grown man who should have known better. But let's be honest. There are always a few idiots in every team's fan base. I'm not catagorizing all ASU fans as being "rednecks". Most are probably decent people. But this type of behavior by a few reflects badly on all. Sad, but true.01-lauramac2

Yes, there are idiots in every fan base. That was certainly uncalled for. I've come to know several ASU fans over the years, and I've never met one that wasn't very nice. I've read some of the stuff on the this board and on the ASU board from some of the fans, and the guys that I've come to know aren't that way.

While Scotto is the main one here who scorches them on a regular basis, he's no match for some of the things that are said on the ASU board. He's mild and gentle compared to some of them. Obviously this guy who did the deed to III's dad isn't one of the guys I've met.

DollarBill and I went to a ASU football game several years ago in Jonesboro, and was invited to a great tailgate party, where they served up good grub and drink. Before we left for the game, one of the fans gave us two tickets to the game. While they are all passionate ASU fans, they aren't all like that guy for sure. In fact, a ASU fan walked up to me at the box office last Saturday, and gave me a ticket, and I had on my Trojan gear, so he didn't think I was an ASU fan.
02-16-2009 11:07 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(02-16-2009 10:48 AM)Dr. J. Wrote:  if you walk up to the father of a UALR player after the ASU game and flip him the bird right in his face. That's what happened to III's dad following the game. And it wasn't a kid either. It was a grown man who should have known better. But let's be honest. There are always a few idiots in every team's fan base. I'm not catagorizing all ASU fans as being "rednecks". Most are probably decent people. But this type of behavior by a few reflects badly on all. Sad, but true.01-lauramac2

That sounds like a personal issue. Maybe they know each other. But even still, in public, that is dumbAss behavior.
02-16-2009 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

(02-16-2009 11:15 AM)Robert C Wrote:  

That sounds like a personal issue. Maybe they know each other. But even still, in public, that is dumbAss behavior.

He had never seen the man in his life before that incident.01-lauramac2
02-16-2009 11:17 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

(02-16-2009 11:17 AM)Dr. J. Wrote:  

What a butthole. :moon: Or the dude rube was off his meds. :chillpill: Why would this person do such a thing?

Did III's dad do or say anything--even in defense of his son--that one would in the slightest want to flip him off? Be honest. Even if he shot someone a dirty look and they deserved it.
02-16-2009 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

(02-16-2009 11:25 AM)Robert C Wrote:  

What a butthole. :moon: Or the dude rube was off his meds. :chillpill: Why would this person do such a thing?

Did III's dad do or say anything--even in defense of his son--that one would in the slightest want to flip him off? Be honest. Even if he shot someone a dirty look and they deserved it.

He told me what he said, but I can't remember as I recall it was a very low key response. I guess he figured the guy was stupid and didn't even want to talk with him.:muttering:
02-16-2009 12:02 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans

This is hard to understand. Why would an ASU fan be bitter toward the Mouzys. I have had the impression that neither ASU or any other D-1 showed interest in Mouzy, so he walked on at UALR. Since ASU had no interest what was he to do, give up BB? That's about the lowest class act I have heard about. I don't believe at all that it represents the attitude of ASU fans.
02-16-2009 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

(02-16-2009 12:09 PM)DollarBill Wrote:  

This is hard to understand. Why would an ASU fan be bitter toward the Mouzys. I have had the impression that neither ASU or any other D-1 showed interest in Mouzy, so he walked on at UALR. Since ASU had no interest what was he to do, give up BB? That's about the lowest class act I have heard about. I don't believe at all that it represents the attitude of ASU fans.

Neither do I. Most ASU fans know III and a lot of them know his Dad, and most are very nice about III's success here, but a few just don't like being beaten by UALR, and it rankles them that a Jonesboro boy helped to beat them. If they want to be mad at someone, they should be mad at Dickey Nutt for not signing him when he could have easily done so.04-cheers
02-16-2009 12:22 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
If you have anything good to say about MIKE NEWELL on this board.
02-16-2009 12:33 PM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

(02-16-2009 12:22 PM)Dr. J. Wrote:  Neither do I. Most ASU fans know III and a lot of them know his Dad, and most are very nice about III's success here, but a few just don't like being beaten by UALR, and it rankles them that a Jonesboro boy helped to beat them. If they want to be mad at someone, they should be mad at Dickey Nutt for not signing him when he could have easily done so.04-cheers

+1
02-16-2009 12:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.