Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In Secret Negotiations: Dems Require Job Access for Illegal Aliens
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
In Secret Negotiations: Dems Require Job Access for Illegal Aliens
UNBELIEVABLE -- Democratic Leadership Requires Stimulus Job Access for Illegal Aliens -- Secret Negotiations

IT'S FINAL -- Stimulus Jobs Have to be Shared with Illegal Aliens -- Banks Can Replace U.S. Workers

By Roy Beck, Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 8:58 PM

AND BAILED-OUT BANKS ARE GIVEN BACK PERMISSION TO FIRE AMERICANS AND REPLACE WITH FOREIGN WORKERS

House Speaker Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Reid and the Obama White House were absolutely certain about one thing for the House/Senate negotiating committee on the Stimulus Bill: There was to be no special restriction to keep illegal aliens from getting new jobs created by the bill at a cost of $250,000 to $500,000 each.

The Democratic leadership of our federal government made it clear that there has been no change from eight years of a Republican White House that let the Chamber of Commerce call the shots on immigration.

Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave the U.S. Chamber of Commerce exactly what it wanted -- freedom for unscruplous businesses to continue to hire illegal aliens at the same rate as in the past, and to use the hundreds of billions of Stimulus dollars to do it.

Rep. Calvert (R-Calif.) was the one who inserted E-Verify language into the Stimulus Bill in the House Appropriations Committee. Tonight, he stated the sad betrayal of the American workers. His words take on a partisan tone. As a studiously non-partisan organization, NumbersUSA is uncomfortable when issues are stated in partisan ways. But in this case, there is no question but that the national Democratic leadership sold out the interests of the American working man and woman.

Tonight, behind closed doors with no input from House Republicans, Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Reid crafted the so-called compromise on the stimulus bill. What we now know is that while billions of American taxpayer dollars are going to be spent, there is no assurance that the jobs created will go to American workers. The two amendments that had been accepted by the House Appropriations Committee were stripped without discussion or debate.

-- Rep. Ken Calvert of California

The House of Representatives had included two provisions in its Stimulus bill to make sure that the huge sums of money would create jobs only for legally authorized workers. One provision reauthorized the current voluntary E-Verify program which expires March 6. The other required local government or business receiving stimulus funds to run their new hires through the electronic 99.5%-accurate E-Verify system. There were no publicly stated objections to this.

But the U.S. Senate repeatedly brushed aside Alabama Sen. Sessions' efforts to introduce the same protections into its Stimulus bill.

When the House and Senate negotiators sat down, the leader of the House, Rep. Pelosi, tossed aside the will of the Members of the House of Representatives and did the bidding of the most unscrupulous businesses of America.

The American people have repeatedly voiced their support for employment verification and yet we find that once again special interests win out. The one candle in the darkness of this disastrous bill was the reauthorization and requirements to use E-Verify. Now all we are left is a bill that places illegal immigrant interests above those of hard working American families and leaves the bill at the foot of future generations.

-- Rep. Calvert

Furthermore, Pelosi, Reid and Obama also demanded the stripping of the one protection that had been included by the Senate.

Sen. Sanders of Vermont and Sen. Grassley of Iowa had gotten unanimous approval in the Senate to include language that bailed-out banks could no longer be allowed to fire American workers and replace them with foreign workers.

Pelosi, Reid and Obama made sure that banks can continue to discriminate against Americans in favor of cheaper more compliant foreign workers.

Friends, this is an injustice that will come to plague the perpetrators as time moves on.

But the extent to which the U.S. Chamber of Commerce can continue to call the shots on using illegal foreign workers and importing additional authorized foreign workers will depend on how hard each of you reading this will work to spread this story in every newspaper, talk show and website.

These closed-door affronts to fair-play and compassion were executed because the leaders believed they will get by with it.

.... because they believe the American people are too tired, too dispirited and too baffled by the complexity of the trillions of dollars of bail-outs to hold their leaders accountable.

I hope you will use our free fax-sending system to make your opinions known.

The negotiated Stimulus Bill is expected to come to a vote in the House and Senate this week and then go to Pres. Obama for his signature by next Monday.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 03:04 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-12-2009 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: In Secret Negotiations: Dems Require Job Access for Illegal Aliens
URL?
02-12-2009 03:04 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(02-12-2009 03:04 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  URL?

http://Travelers.com03-lmfao03-lmfao
02-12-2009 06:38 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
The union folks are gonna love this...

Illegals shouldn't be given jobs at all - it's against the friggin law and they send part of it back to their home countries and that does nothing to stimulate OUR economy - theirs maybe, but not ours.
02-12-2009 11:24 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-12-2009 11:24 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  The union folks are gonna love this...

Illegals shouldn't be given jobs at all - it's against the friggin law and they send part of it back to their home countries and that does nothing to stimulate OUR economy - theirs maybe, but not ours.

The travelers will be doing more to stimulate the economy than the morons in Washington are doing.03-lmfao03-lmfao

Frankly I'd rather have a nation filled with travelers..if it meant that the control freak gang thugs in Washington would disappear.04-cheers
02-12-2009 11:36 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusabl...ccess-ille
02-12-2009 11:44 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(02-12-2009 11:44 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Quit spoon feeding him, sooner or later he will have to learn to google it.04-jawdrop04-jawdrop
02-13-2009 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(02-13-2009 10:27 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Quit spoon feeding him, sooner or later he will have to learn to google it.04-jawdrop04-jawdrop

Oops, sorry! 03-drunk
Truthfully, that's one of my pet peevs too.
02-13-2009 10:41 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-13-2009 10:41 AM)Paul M Wrote:  

Oops, sorry! 03-drunk

What!?
If you post an entire aritcle, it's courtesy and academic integrity to post the link.
02-13-2009 11:04 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(02-13-2009 11:04 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 10:41 AM)Paul M Wrote:  

Oops, sorry! 03-drunk

What!?
If you post an entire aritcle, it's courtesy and academic integrity to post the link.

I have no integrity, look it up yourself. academic integrity, you should know better. 03-nutkick
02-13-2009 11:09 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(02-13-2009 11:09 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  I have no integrity...

Sum, how long we been posting together - 8 or 9 years? More maybe?

You have integrity - but you seem a little grouchy. Whiskey can fix that. 04-cheers
02-13-2009 10:06 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(02-13-2009 10:06 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

You have integrity - but you seem a little grouchy. Whiskey can fix that. 04-cheers

You are right, Whiskey does help. Just pored a Maker's Mark, as I swirl, the aroma is like oak and fruit, splendid, liquid gold.

I was of course referring to "academic integrity" which not only is a contradiction in terms, it is impossible to find any down to earth values in academia, and as far as finding any measures, methods or principles in academia, you are hard pressed to find any of that either. So who would want any "academic integrity" anyway, if it is just a mindless "Pavlov's dog" response to the world.
02-14-2009 07:32 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-13-2009 10:06 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

and you don't even have to fear being raided and put in a cold jail cell....04-cheers
02-14-2009 07:34 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(02-14-2009 07:32 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  So who would want any "academic integrity" anyway.....

Ward Churchill? 03-lmfao
02-14-2009 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.