Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ladies lose at the buzzer
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Ladies lose at the buzzer
ASU hits one at the buzzer to beat the Ladies 56-55. Lost a double digit lead in the first half by letting ASU to go on a 15-0 point run to end the half. The Trojans let ASU get five shots on the last possession of the game, and they hit the buzzer beater. Got whipped bad on the boards, 39-30, and ASU had 15 in the second half alone. Kim Sitzman didn't even score. That's one we shouldn't have lost.

Second year in a row the Trojans have had a double digit lead in the first half, and lose the game to ASU in Jonesboro.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 10:06 PM by LRTrojan.)
02-11-2009 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UALRSuperFan Curtis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UALR
RE: Ladies lose at the buzzer
Somehow, I was not surprised that we'd lose at Jonesboro. Regardless of excuses, we'd always end up on the short end of the prize @ the Convo Center. When you play as horrid as we did, we deserve to lose. However, we didn't lose any ground to Denver (7-6), which also lost on the road tonight. There's still a 4-game lead, but with 5 games to go. I'm sure Foley will light a HUGE torch into the Ladies before they play @ Monroe. One thing we have in our favor: UALR clinched their 1st division title last season in Monroe...can you say deja vu?
02-11-2009 10:13 PM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-11-2009 10:13 PM)UALRSuperFan Curtis Wrote:  Somehow, I was not surprised that we'd lose at Jonesboro. Regardless of excuses, we'd always end up on the short end of the prize @ the Convo Center. When you play as horrid as we did, we deserve to lose. However, we didn't lose any ground to Denver (7-6), which also lost on the road tonight. There's still a 4-game lead, but with 5 games to go. I'm sure Foley will light a HUGE torch into the Ladies before they play @ Monroe. One thing we have in our favor: UALR clinched their 1st division title last season in Monroe...can you say deja vu?
Good ball game tonight. Curtis I like your signature line. .

But anyway it was a good ballgame that could have went either way.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 12:17 AM by bigdhl.)
02-11-2009 10:32 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2009 10:32 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 10:13 PM)UALRSuperFan Curtis Wrote:  Somehow, I was not surprised that we'd lose at Jonesboro. Regardless of excuses, we'd always end up on the short end of the prize @ the Convo Center. When you play as horrid as we did, we deserve to lose. However, we didn't lose any ground to Denver (7-6), which also lost on the road tonight. There's still a 4-game lead, but with 5 games to go. I'm sure Foley will light a HUGE torch into the Ladies before they play @ Monroe. One thing we have in our favor: UALR clinched their 1st division title last season in Monroe...can you say deja vu?
Good ball game tonight. Curtis I like your signature line. Too bad your coach doesn't abide by it. I remembered tonight after we won why I don't like Foley. He wouldn't shake Brians hand after the game. That is the second time that I remember that has happened. A poor loser he is.

If true, and unless there are circumstances we don't know about, I agree that is classless behavior. It was a heartbreaking loss, but that's no excuse of itself.
02-11-2009 10:37 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
Maybe Coach Foley was worried about germs.
02-11-2009 10:41 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-11-2009 10:32 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  
Good ball game tonight. Curtis I like your signature line. Too bad your coach doesn't abide by it. I remembered tonight after we won why I don't like Foley. He wouldn't shake Brians hand after the game. That is the second time that I remember that has happened. A poor loser he is.

Don't know the details, I wasn't there, but, that doesn't sound like Foley. I would like to know why he didn't shake hands. There are very few things that could happen in a game that I can think of that would cause a coach not to do that. Like home cooking, and listening to our announcer, he didn't talk like we were getting screwed by the officials.

But, BigD, you guys never have liked Foley. I've been reading your board ever since Joe came to LR. I think it's pure jealousy, because you knew when he was hired, that he was going to be hard to beat.

I would like to hear the reason why he didn't shake his hand though. But, I'd rather have Joe Foley(the alleged bad sport)coaching our team, than some loser who was a good sport.
02-11-2009 10:54 PM
Advertisement

bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
[/quote]

Don't know the details, I wasn't there, but, that doesn't sound like Foley. I would like to know why he didn't shake hands. There are very few things that could happen in a game that I can think of that would cause a coach not to do that. Like home cooking, and listening to our announcer, he didn't talk like we were getting screwed by the officials.

But, BigD, you guys never have liked Foley. I've been reading your board ever since Joe came to LR. I think it's pure jealousy, because you knew when he was hired, that he was going to be hard to beat.

I would like to hear the reason why he didn't shake his hand though. But, I'd rather have Joe Foley(the alleged bad sport)coaching our team, than some loser who was a good sport.
[/quote]
I'm not saying Foley isn't a good coach. He should needs to be just a little classier. I heard he didn't talk to the media after the game either.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 11:33 PM by bigdhl.)
02-11-2009 11:32 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU

[/quote]
I'm not saying Foley isn't a good coach. He should needs to be just a little classier. I heard he didn't talk to the media after the game either.
[/quote]

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody associated with Little Rock's team has to worry about anybody from Rubeville telling us anything about class! What a joke!
02-11-2009 11:40 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2009 11:40 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 11:32 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  

[/quote]

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody associated with Little Rock's team has to worry about anybody from Rubeville telling us anything about class! What a joke!
[/quote]

PTJR, why do I get the feeling that Jonesboro isn't your favorite place in the great State of Arkansas? 03-idea
02-11-2009 11:49 PM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Guys I have egg on my face and I want to apologize and should never take what someone else says because I was wrong.

The person that said he didn't shake Brians hand was wrong. I repeated it because I thought it was fact when we went straight to the dressing room. Not sure why that happened but, I understand that Foley did shake his hand and was very cordial in the loss. PLease accept my apologies.
02-11-2009 11:54 PM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Furthermore I wish you guys luck unless you play us.
02-11-2009 11:54 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(02-11-2009 11:54 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  Furthermore I wish you guys luck unless you play us.

Once again, you have proven that the ASU contrubutors to this board, by and large, have much more class than ASU fans in general. Not your fault about the others. Thanks.
02-12-2009 12:02 AM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-12-2009 12:02 AM)PTJR Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 11:54 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  Furthermore I wish you guys luck unless you play us.

Once again, you have proven that the ASU contrubutors to this board, by and large, have much more class than ASU fans in general. Not your fault about the others. Thanks.
I appreciate your board and I really do feel bad about saying that about Foley tonight because it turns out I got bad info and should have checked it out . Please again accept my apology.
02-12-2009 12:04 AM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2009 12:04 AM)bigdhl Wrote:  

I appreciate your board and I really do feel bad about saying that about Foley tonight because it turns out I got bad info and should have checked it out . Please again accept my apology.

Accepted. It takes a lot of class to admit a mistake. Your not the first (and certainly not the last) to pass on bad info (rumors), but most don't take the time to apologize for it.
02-12-2009 12:40 AM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-12-2009 12:40 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-12-2009 12:04 AM)bigdhl Wrote:  

Accepted. It takes a lot of class to admit a mistake. Your not the first (and certainly not the last) to pass on bad info (rumors), but most don't take the time to apologize for it.
Thanks.
02-12-2009 12:46 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
What sux for UALR is that you probably lost your shot at an at-large tonight.

Lady Trojans definitely need to win out, and make the championship game of the tourney to have a chance, but even then it will be iffy.

Beating WKU will help, and then beating them again in Hot Springs may help you get in, with Wood Selig on the selection commitee.

I know the Lady Cajuns got in as an at-large a couple of years ago.

That said, you very well may beat my Lady Raiders in Hot Springs. Troy gave us a run for the money tonight.

I was hoping to get two SBC teams in the Top 25 by tourney time. Tough luck--- always tough in J-town.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 01:30 AM by KAjunRaider.)
02-12-2009 01:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
(02-12-2009 01:30 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  What sux for UALR is that you probably lost your shot at an at-large tonight.

Lady Trojans definitely need to win out, and make the championship game of the tourney to have a chance, but even then it will be iffy.

Beating WKU will help, and then beating them again in Hot Springs may help you get in, with Wood Selig on the selection commitee.

I know the Lady Cajuns got in as an at-large a couple of years ago.

That said, you very well may beat my Lady Raiders in Hot Springs. Troy gave us a run for the money tonight.

I was hoping to get two SBC teams in the Top 25 by tourney time. Tough luck--- always tough in J-town.

The part I don't get is why was Reed on the bench while they made a 15 and 0 run at end of 1st half. She got the 2nd foul, apparently with a wild elbow swing. Still, she could have helped to stop the ridiculous 15 and 0 run. She ended the game with just 3 fouls. Also, typical road game. They shot twice as many foul shots as we did. No matter, there is no excuse for losing that ballgame. If they can't beat ASU on the road, I don't see them winning the Tournament.
02-12-2009 09:27 AM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
(02-12-2009 09:27 AM)DollarBill Wrote:  If they can't beat ASU on the road, I don't see them winning the Tournament.

Ouch.
02-12-2009 09:28 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(02-11-2009 11:54 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  Guys I have egg on my face and I want to apologize and should never take what someone else says because I was wrong.

The person that said he didn't shake Brians hand was wrong. I repeated it because I thought it was fact when we went straight to the dressing room. Not sure why that happened but, I understand that Foley did shake his hand and was very cordial in the loss. PLease accept my apologies.

I knew I smelled 01-rivals when that rumor started.

Also, I take any reports from opponents fans with a few grains of salt. they are always based on a skewed perspecive if not outright fabrications.

If I were the UALR coach, I'd intentionally not shake hands with boyer as a publicity ploy to stir up the rivalry. Then when the fan's are not looking, we'd laugh and slap each other's backs.
02-12-2009 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Well, as I said earlier I feel bad about it and I should have checked it out with more certainty than I did but, with all the confusion at the end of the game I can see how the person that told me that could have thought that is what happened.

#1. The game was over and Brian went down and shook Foley's hand. Probably during the kids celebrating at the end. ( They never saw the handshake )

#2. They decide to look at the monitor and make sure the shot is good. We have one player on the sideline cramping up after the game.

#3. The refs verify what we already knew and all this person saw was Brian about halfway and waving for his kids to go to the dressing room.

#4. Because of an incident that happened back a few years ago with Foley, I guess I was to quick to believe what I was told.

But, anyway it was a good game and I believe maybe about only the second game this season we've given total effort the entire game.

I don't want to play the Trojans again unless it would be in the finals. I'm not sure we can play that hard for an entire tournament, though.
02-12-2009 09:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.