Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
NIU
The BrashFlash family was eating at a local Kent establishment last night and Mike McKee and Brandon Parks came in and sat very close to us. I was kind of surprised to see them. I thought they may be staying in the west for Tuesday's game. MM and BP said their bus was leaving this morning at 8:00 and indicated they inteneded to win tomorrow night's match up. So hey, we got that going for us.02-13-banana
02-09-2009 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mmucha Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: NIU
cool :)

live video link available on NIU website. appears to be fee involved.

http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-bask...sched.html

mike
'86
02-09-2009 01:26 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-09-2009 12:06 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  The BrashFlash family was eating at a local Kent establishment last night and Mike McKee and Brandon Parks came in and sat very close to us. I was kind of surprised to see them. I thought they may be staying in the west for Tuesday's game. MM and BP said their bus was leaving this morning at 8:00 and indicated they inteneded to win tomorrow night's match up. So hey, we got that going for us.02-13-banana

the budget must be tight as coming back from ball state and then leaving 36 hours later doesnt make much sense, especially since the they still missed all classes mon with an 8 am departure? And busing to dekalb. i thought that trip was always a flight?
02-09-2009 02:14 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-09-2009 02:14 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  
(02-09-2009 12:06 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  The BrashFlash family was eating at a local Kent establishment last night and Mike McKee and Brandon Parks came in and sat very close to us. I was kind of surprised to see them. I thought they may be staying in the west for Tuesday's game. MM and BP said their bus was leaving this morning at 8:00 and indicated they inteneded to win tomorrow night's match up. So hey, we got that going for us.02-13-banana

the budget must be tight as coming back from ball state and then leaving 36 hours later doesnt make much sense, especially since the they still missed all classes mon with an 8 am departure? And busing to dekalb. i thought that trip was always a flight?

First NIU game I haven't been at since I moved to Chicago 10 years ago. Kind of a bummer, especially since I think they are like 5-0 in those games. I can't remember a loss.

At least I got to see the Shawnee State game.
02-09-2009 03:01 PM
Flash Freak Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(02-09-2009 02:14 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  

They probably are flying to NIU (at least to Chicago). The guys likely meant that the bus that takes them to the airport leaves Monday at 8am.
02-09-2009 03:04 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
The last NIU loss I recall was at the MACC around 2004, give or take a year. NIU had a heck of a team then, but like most MAC teams has come down quite a bit. In fact, it is hard to think of many, if any, MAC teams that are BETTER this year than in any of the past 5 or 6 seasons.
02-09-2009 03:31 PM
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
This should be another double digit win. a warm up for the Mac East war to come the 5 games after that. going 4-0 has been nice but only team we gained any ground on was the blobkitties.

I like the lineup adjustments Geno has made, they seem to be working, I know I know we a playing the west, but still like the fact he is willing to make changes when necessary.

GO FLASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2009 04:24 PM by luckyflash.)
02-09-2009 04:23 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
(02-09-2009 04:23 PM)luckyflash Wrote:  This should be another double digit win. a warm up for the Mac East war to come the 5 games after that. going 4-0 has been nice but only team we gained any ground on was the blobkitties.

I like the lineup adjustments Geno has made, they seem to be working, I know I know we a playing the west, but still like the fact he is willing to make changes when necessary.

Hopefully we are seeing the maturation of a coach as well as a team.
02-09-2009 10:53 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-09-2009 03:31 PM)Kent 76 Wrote:  The last NIU loss I recall was at the MACC around 2004, give or take a year. NIU had a heck of a team then, but like most MAC teams has come down quite a bit. In fact, it is hard to think of many, if any, MAC teams that are BETTER this year than in any of the past 5 or 6 seasons.

I meant that I've seen the last 5 games at NIU and Kent's won them all, including a very close game where NIU missed the shot to tie at the buzzer (good shot too).
02-09-2009 11:13 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yeah, Bopol, I knew that was what you meant. I'm just saying that I think the last time Kent lost to them was at the MACC about five years ago, give or take.

By the way, the early lines I've seen all have Kent giving NIU 10 points.
02-09-2009 11:40 PM
ColumbusFlashFan Offline
Water Engineer

I really don't see any problems arising with the Huskies, notching the Flashes another confidence building road win. The team seems to have gelled nicely with Mincy and Sullinger really stepping up their senior leadership as much with their play as they have with their voices, taking control of the team's identity.

Let's hope Western and Ball State can help us out this week and bring the rest of the east back a little bit. OU travels to Western and Ball State plays Akron on Wednesday hopefully hanging a few losses on the rest of the east.

I can't wait to see the Flashes tested against and east opponent at home against Ohio next Tuesday.
02-10-2009 12:51 AM
Advertisement

flashfever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ksu
(02-09-2009 04:23 PM)luckyflash Wrote:  This should be another double digit win. a warm up for the Mac East war to come the 5 games after that. going 4-0 has been nice but only team we gained any ground on was the blobkitties.

IM not big on him sitting BP so much. I don't think that has had anything to do with the difference of the games the competition level has dropped. Bad competition is getting us better and ready for the better competition to come. I think he should of been using these games as practice to get BP confidence and more time. He is our biggest advantage in the post.
02-10-2009 03:25 AM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

13 hours....
02-10-2009 07:02 AM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-10-2009 03:25 AM)flashfever Wrote:  

IM not big on him sitting BP so much. I don't think that has had anything to do with the difference of the games the competition level has dropped. Bad competition is getting us better and ready for the better competition to come. I think he should of been using these games as practice to get BP confidence and more time. He is our biggest advantage in the post.

Couldnt disagree more. BP is slow as molasses, which kills us defensively as every MAC team runs a different variation of offense where the post guys screen on ball leaving BP to try and stop a guard or if they dont switch the screen the the guard is likely open for a jumper or a straight path to the hope. Watch the Cleveland State game. They ran this same play 10-12 times and we couldnt stop it.
Plus offensively BP offers only 1 move (jump hook moving to his right). BP is valuable but only at about 8-10 minutes per game and his 5 fouls he brings to the table.
02-10-2009 02:25 PM
barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-09-2009 01:26 PM)mmucha Wrote:  cool :)

live video link available on NIU website. appears to be fee involved.

http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-bask...sched.html

mike
'86

The game is currently listed on Channelsurfing.net, which, of course, means free viewing.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-nort...inois.html (direct link)
02-10-2009 02:33 PM
ColumbusFlashFan Offline
Water Engineer

(02-10-2009 02:25 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  [quote='flashfever' pid='3974267' dateline='1234254312']
[quote='luckyflash' pid='3972468' dateline='1234214584']

Couldnt disagree more. BP is slow as molasses, which kills us defensively as every MAC team runs a different variation of offense where the post guys screen on ball leaving BP to try and stop a guard or if they dont switch the screen the the guard is likely open for a jumper or a straight path to the hope. Watch the Cleveland State game. They ran this same play 10-12 times and we couldnt stop it.
Plus offensively BP offers only 1 move (jump hook moving to his right). BP is valuable but only at about 8-10 minutes per game and his 5 fouls he brings to the table.

He is definatly terrible defensively but has shown immense improvement from last year and could be a poor man's John Edwards next year with another year of Senderoff's big man coaching. For now though I definatly agree with you. He doesn't understand how to switch screens effectively which is a major premise of our defensive scheme. He can be effective against smaller opponents or for a few minutes to bang with a big man. Being 6-10 270 is a defensive attribute in itself.

Hopefully he can continue to improve and give better minutes. Who knows maybe he will even learn a post move other than the baby hook?
02-10-2009 04:19 PM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-10-2009 04:19 PM)ColumbusFlashFan Wrote:  
(02-10-2009 02:25 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  [quote='flashfever' pid='3974267' dateline='1234254312']
[quote='luckyflash' pid='3972468' dateline='1234214584']

He is definatly terrible defensively but has shown immense improvement from last year and could be a poor man's John Edwards next year with another year of Senderoff's big man coaching. For now though I definatly agree with you. He doesn't understand how to switch screens effectively which is a major premise of our defensive scheme. He can be effective against smaller opponents or for a few minutes to bang with a big man. Being 6-10 270 is a defensive attribute in itself.

Hopefully he can continue to improve and give better minutes. Who knows maybe he will even learn a post move other than the baby hook?

With his size, just learning good positioning is enough to have an impact defensively. It took Edwards a long time to get that down. I remember he would have his arms in the wrong place a lot and create fouls trying to move his arms up and just hammering someone in the process.

As far as offensive moves goes, I like a one-trick pony if the one-trick is good. The baby hook is pretty good. The bigger issue is that he can't quite create the garbage points that Nate Gerwig was expert on (cleaning up messes near the basket).
02-10-2009 04:38 PM
flashfever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ksu
(02-10-2009 02:25 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  
(02-10-2009 03:25 AM)flashfever Wrote:  

first of all bp is not that slow he is hands down faster and more athlethic then justin greene. BP IS 6'10'' 265 as well. some of you guys spend to much time trying to find something wrong with him. he dont neeed many post moves he is suppose to be a bruiser how many post moves did the kid from western have last year? none.... If you going to bring up the cleveland state game. i think you should do more finger pointing then BP. The whole team defensive rotation was terrible especially greene,simpson. julian was ok. plus the guards put down the red carpet to the front of the rim.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2009 05:05 PM by flashfever.)
02-10-2009 05:00 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-10-2009 04:38 PM)bopol Wrote:  As far as offensive moves goes, I like a one-trick pony if the one-trick is good. The baby hook is pretty good. The bigger issue is that he can't quite create the garbage points that Nate Gerwig was expert on (cleaning up messes near the basket).

I'll add in that I don't neccessarily think that is BP's fault. The guards (and AG) that Nate played with were better at getting him the ball where he could easily finish and better at drawing the opposing club's big man out of the middle. Nate knew what to do when he had the advantage though, that's for sure.
02-10-2009 05:03 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for the info Barndog.

I am watching now.
02-10-2009 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.