Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Morning Commute Revelation...
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Morning Commute Revelation...
I was heading to work this morning jamming out to some radio, and I had a revelation....Obama suceeded in getting us out of Iraq. It really struck me as odd that the press had not covered it at all, but it had to happen. I mean how else do you explain the complete lack of bad news related to the Iraq war being reported by the American media. We have to be out of there, or the media would for sure continue on their woe is the US in Iraq stuff

By the way, my commute is only 10 minutes, so tha is why I only half concocted this thought.

Oh well.
02-06-2009 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Morning Commute Revelation...
Great point.
02-06-2009 01:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-06-2009 01:03 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I was heading to work this morning jamming out to some radio, and I had a revelation....Obama suceeded in getting us out of Iraq. It really struck me as odd that the press had not covered it at all, but it had to happen. I mean how else do you explain the complete lack of bad news related to the Iraq war being reported by the American media. We have to be out of there, or the media would for sure continue on their woe is the US in Iraq stuff

By the way, my commute is only 10 minutes, so tha is why I only half concocted this thought.

Oh well.
Maybe it is because this country is in such a mess because of the republican fiscal policies that it takes all the available time just to talk about the bad news coming out daily?
02-06-2009 02:04 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
Wow, Robert, you will believe whatever the media feeds you. The economy was in the crapper before the election, but the media sure did love to talk about dead American soldiers and dead Iraqi civilians as well. Now that President Obama is in charge, the media doesn't have the axe to grind anymore, so they choose to ignore it.
02-06-2009 03:10 PM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-06-2009 01:03 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I was heading to work this morning jamming out to some radio, and I had a revelation....Obama suceeded in getting us out of Iraq. It really struck me as odd that the press had not covered it at all, but it had to happen. I mean how else do you explain the complete lack of bad news related to the Iraq war being reported by the American media. We have to be out of there, or the media would for sure continue on their woe is the US in Iraq stuff

Oh well.

Come on GB, I know you're smarter than that. You know the Media can't walk and chew gum at the same time. They have to cover one story at a time. It causes less confusion for them. The War hasn't been mentioned because it is not new worthy. They have to stay focused on the real news. Today's top story was, what did the President eat for breakfast. I think it was Fruit Loops. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 03:34 PM by cb4029.)
02-06-2009 03:33 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(02-06-2009 03:33 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  They have to stay focused on the real news. Today's top story was, what did the President eat for breakfast. I think it was Fruit Loops. 05-stirthepot

Darn it all! I actually agree with you....I need an advil.
02-06-2009 03:36 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 03:33 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Today's top story was, what did the President eat for breakfast. I think it was Fruit Loops. 05-stirthepot

Wow, he really is disrespecting his homosexual supporters.
02-06-2009 03:49 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Pretty good point, GB. The only thing I've heard lately about the war was that more soldiers committed suicide in the states last month than were killed in Iraq (24-16 I believe). The media has forgotten about the 2 wars over the past 2 months or so...
02-06-2009 04:04 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
(02-06-2009 04:04 PM)mlb Wrote:  Pretty good point, GB. The only thing I've heard lately about the war was that more soldiers committed suicide in the states last month than were killed in Iraq (24-16 I believe). The media has forgotten about the 2 wars over the past 2 months or so...

It's an extremely weak point. The current media obsession is our economy, for good reason. And, as you pointed out, its only been a day or two since that suicide story broke, so it's not like there's no news out of there.

We're also hearing about recent attacks in Gaza, etc too.

It's not getting ignored, it's just getting drowned out by louder noise. Just wait until something nasty happens and they'll be all over it again.
02-06-2009 04:30 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-06-2009 04:30 PM)Artifice Wrote:  The current media obsession is our economy, for good reason.

And that reason is to get Obama and Pelosi in front of the cameras and in the news as much as possible so they can push their agenda. Bush had the problem with the economy much longer than BO and he didn't spend nearly as much time on TV as Obama seems to be doing. Have you noticed that Obama is making sure everyone knows it was Bush who caused the problem and not Congress?
02-06-2009 11:05 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-06-2009 04:04 PM)mlb Wrote:  Pretty good point, GB. The only thing I've heard lately about the war was that more soldiers committed suicide in the states last month than were killed in Iraq (24-16 I believe). The media has forgotten about the 2 wars over the past 2 months or so...

They media forgot because they got their people elected, so now there is no rush to get out of Iraq (which will never really happen). Iraq won the mid term elections for the Dems over 2 years ago, and they have done nothing about the issue.
02-06-2009 11:46 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
There hasn't been a lot of bad news out of Iraq in the past year. Plus news is all about top story of the day. When stuff isn't happening smaller stories rise. ie. Don Imus and the nappy headed hoes was all over the news until the shootings at VT, Natalie Holloway was the top story until Katrina. The economic crisis, and people losing jobs is the number 1 story period.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2009 06:27 AM by firmbizzle.)
02-07-2009 06:25 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(02-06-2009 04:30 PM)Artifice Wrote:  

It's an extremely weak point. The current media obsession is our economy, for good reason. And, as you pointed out, its only been a day or two since that suicide story broke, so it's not like there's no news out of there.

We're also hearing about recent attacks in Gaza, etc too.

It's not getting ignored, it's just getting drowned out by louder noise. Just wait until something nasty happens and they'll be all over it again.

Yeah, you are right on target as usual !!!!!!

Those darn Fruit Loops are super expensive to have for Breakfast everyday ...

The country can not afford this kind of economical shadow dancing Artie. 05-stirthepot

The MSM & MSP need to keep us up-to-date on all Breakfast Foods flowing thru the White House ..... he may try to sneak some 'Traveler Foods' in on us as well.

(the filthy hypocrisy out of the Media is completely shameful to all they try to infect [] New god=Perfect - - Old devil=Super Bad)

02-07-2009 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Miraculously, stories fall off the front page the day a dem takes over about homelessness and hunger and every other ill that plagues the world, only to return the day a rep walks back in.
02-07-2009 10:10 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-07-2009 10:10 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Miraculously, stories fall off the front page the day a dem takes over about homelessness and hunger and every other ill that plagues the world, only to return the day a rep walks back in.
I assume Faux is still reporting on the war daily(probably cheering for every Muslim that gets killed) and does nothing on the economy? Actually, that makes sense since it is the rights policies that trashed it. No need to tell the truth on either front.
02-08-2009 12:50 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
You either watch fox and know what they report or you don't watch fox and need to shut up. Just go back to watching Al Jizzair and believe whatever foolishness that warms your black heart.
02-08-2009 01:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.