Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blood Suckers
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Blood Suckers
http://anarchyinyourhead.com

Just what are these people really afraid of... That someone might see just how corrupt their system is?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 09:33 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-05-2009 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Blood Suckers
If court proceedings are public affairs then why can't they all be televised? Air the friggin things and beat down any lawyers who grandstand.
02-05-2009 08:04 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 08:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If court proceedings are public affairs then why can't they all be televised? Air the friggin things and beat down any lawyers who grandstand.

I don't even care if it involves minors...The images can be digitally altered to protect the minors. The system is corrupt and needs to be transparent. Standing for the damn judge is BS also. Just who in the HELL do these people think they are? He is person just like me...no damn better. Hell..He should stand for me...after all..He owes me his damn living.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 09:40 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-05-2009 09:39 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
You'll like this story, and the comments that follow "It's Lauber's courtroom, he makes the rules!" Ugh, how brainwashed can you be?

http://www.limaohio.com/news/lauber_3376...troom.html
02-06-2009 09:01 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 09:01 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  You'll like this story, and the comments that follow "It's Lauber's courtroom, he makes the rules!" Ugh, how brainwashed can you be?

Yeah....We have a black female judge that is the same here in my county. She has been known to hold people in contempt for coming into the court with a hat,baggy pants or anything else she deems disrespectful. Before she starts business...she will scan the courtroom for offenders. I'd love to get about 50 people together and us all refuse to stand for her as an act of civil disobedience. I don't believe in having to "stand" for anyone. I may voluntarily decide to stand in respect for someone..but..being coerced into doing it galls my ass. I just wait outside the courtroom until after the judge comes in so I don't have to do it. Civil disobedience by yourself is not real smart.
02-06-2009 12:07 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(02-06-2009 12:07 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-06-2009 09:01 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  You'll like this story, and the comments that follow "It's Lauber's courtroom, he makes the rules!" Ugh, how brainwashed can you be?

Yeah....We have a black female judge that is the same here in my county. She has been known to hold people in contempt for coming into the court with a hat,baggy pants or anything else she deems disrespectful. Before she starts business...she will scan the courtroom for offenders. I'd love to get about 50 people together and us all refuse to stand for her as an act of civil disobedience. I don't believe in having to "stand" for anyone. I may voluntarily decide to stand in respect for someone..but..being coerced into doing it galls my ass. I just wait outside the courtroom until after the judge comes in so I don't have to do it. Civil disobedience by yourself is not real smart.

I'm more upset at the arbitrary application by this judge. If the rules are stated beforehand, then they are at least applied equally. It's the whimsical nature of this judge's ruling, and the power trip that spawned it, that bugs me the most.

As for the standing, it is debatable whether it is to acknowledge the principles of law (which conceivably do deserve respect) or for the indivisual. It should be for the former, but obviously it gets interpreted as the latter far too often.
02-06-2009 12:26 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 12:26 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(02-06-2009 12:07 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I'm more upset at the arbitrary application by this judge. If the rules are stated beforehand, then they are at least applied equally. It's the whimsical nature of this judge's ruling, and the power trip that spawned it, that bugs me the most.

As for the standing, it is debatable whether it is to acknowledge the principles of law (which conceivably do deserve respect) or for the indivisual. It should be for the former, but obviously it gets interpreted as the latter far too often.

I agree....I wonder though..If standing is in respect for the law...why do they demand you do when the judge enters the court room? I think I still have a problem standing for the principles of law,since so many of them are strictly arbitrary and involve crime that has no victim.

I actually knew of a judge(deceased) that did not do this in his court. He just came in and called the court to order. I wonder if even this ceremonial BS is totally arbitrary also.

Torch...What do you think about Jury Nullification in regards to civil disobedience or activism?
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 01:47 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-06-2009 01:47 PM
DrTorch Offline

(02-06-2009 01:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Torch...What do you think about Jury Nullification in regards to civil disobedience or activism?

In theory I love it. However, I believe you need a well-informed, rational thinking populace to execute it properly, otherwise it's dangerous.
02-06-2009 02:28 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 02:28 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(02-06-2009 01:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Torch...What do you think about Jury Nullification in regards to civil disobedience or activism?

In theory I love it. However, I believe you need a well-informed, rational thinking populace to execute it properly, otherwise it's dangerous.

It's funny that it is your right as juror to judge the law as well as the person that is being charged under it...but...the judge has no obligation to let you know that and usually will tell you otherwise. If you even give them a hint that you believe in this right they will not let you on a jury. The best thing to do is simply be quiet and if you decide to nullify a jury...simply say...The state did not prove its case. I wish we had enough activists that would start doing this in regard to non-violent drug crimes and crimes that involve consensual adults.

If you never want to serve on a jury, all you have to do is tell the judge that you believe in the right of JN.

The Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) has lots of info on this subject. It's pretty interesting.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 02:47 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-06-2009 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.