Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Al Gore just won't quit
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Al Gore just won't quit
After all that has come out against him, including a British judge ruling that his movie needed a disclaimer because it was factually wrong in some areas, this guy just won't shut up.

http://blog.algore.com/2009/01/statement...oreig.html

Quote:Statement to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee January 28, 2009 : 10:28 AM

We are here today to talk about how we as Americans and how the United States of America as part of the global community should address the dangerous and growing threat of the climate crisis.

We have arrived at a moment of decision. Our home - Earth - is in grave danger. What is at risk of being destroyed is not the planet itself, of course, but the conditions that have made it hospitable for human beings.

Moreover, we must face up to this urgent and unprecedented threat to the existence of our civilization at a time when our country must simultaneously solve two other worsening crises.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2009 10:24 PM by smn1256.)
01-29-2009 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: Al Gore just won't quit
(01-29-2009 10:23 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  After all that has come out against him, including a British judge ruling that his movie needed a disclaimer because it was factually wrong in some areas, this guy just won't shut up.

http://blog.algore.com/2009/01/statement...oreig.html

Quote:Statement to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee January 28, 2009 : 10:28 AM

We are here today to talk about how we as Americans and how the United States of America as part of the global community should address the dangerous and growing threat of the climate crisis.

We have arrived at a moment of decision. Our home - Earth - is in grave danger. What is at risk of being destroyed is not the planet itself, of course, but the conditions that have made it hospitable for human beings.

Moreover, we must face up to this urgent and unprecedented threat to the existence of our civilization at a time when our country must simultaneously solve two other worsening crises.

SOS Steve ,,,,, SOS .....

Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! 03-hissyfit 03-weeping

Dec. 2000: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Dec. 2000: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Dec. 2000: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! 03-hissyfit 03-weeping

Jan. 2001: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Jan. 2001: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Jan. 2001: Nov. 2000: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! 03-hissyfit 03-weeping

OK !!!!! I will stop the Suspense: Nov. 3rd, 2008: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Nov. 3rd, 2008: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! Nov. 3rd, 2008: Just Count the Votes !!!!!!!! 03-hissyfit 03-weeping

He will never stop ....

01-30-2009 03:39 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
03-yawn Another "global warming is a sham" thread from the righties living in the dark ages.
01-30-2009 04:17 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
What does anyone expect from him? His entire career at this point is based on this. I don't know what to believe. I do know though that developing clean..cheap..renewable energy sources is a positive thing. I'm really not concerned with the debate over global warming.
01-30-2009 09:07 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I have no problem with advances in any area including pollution control and energy, just stop using that we're all gonna die if we don't mandate a 1/100th of a degree reduction over the next 100 years, at a cost of kazillions of dollars, in a horrible economy. And I bet all the righties here agree with me. Of course, Robert will have his mother read this to him, promtly stick his fingers in his ears and start humming loudly "nananananana I can't hear you mom nananana", and post how we are all ready to martyr ourselves for the almighty profit.
01-30-2009 09:36 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
(01-30-2009 04:17 AM)RobertN Wrote:  03-yawn Another "global warming is a sham" thread from the righties living in the dark ages.

If by "dark ages" you mean relying on actual science instead of the tired dogmas of the ignorant tree-huggers then yes, that's what this is.
01-30-2009 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-30-2009 04:17 AM)RobertN Wrote:  03-yawn Another "global warming is a sham" thread from the righties living in the dark ages.

Ironically, it's the Global Warming activists who want everyone to return to the dark ages.

I'm just curious how you are so certain about GW being true, when scientists are not. Horoscopes? Tea leaves? Pig entrails?
01-30-2009 10:45 AM
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:
The Goracle has spoken. We must heed the Goracle or WE'RE DOOMED!!!!
01-30-2009 04:21 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(01-30-2009 04:21 PM)EastStang Wrote:  The Goracle has spoken. We must heed the Goracle or WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

Gore wins either way - we stop CO2 emmisions and the world reverts to the Stone Age, with Gore as their Savior, or the world doesn't stop C02 emmisions and Al Gore and family survive the rise in water on their 100' houseboat.

Win Win, Al Gore!
01-30-2009 04:58 PM
Tripster Offline

Gore is finally supplying us with a Tangible Argument on the subject.

He says that Venus is so hot NOT BECAUSE it so close to the Sun, but because all those goofy Venusian's did not control their CO2 Levels !!!!!

Now that is some sound and intelligent science !!!!!! 04-rock 04-bow :ncaabbs:

Obambi is most surely proud of Al ....

01-30-2009 09:56 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

As Gore continues to spew a huge amount of his own hot air he never fully explains why he's in the top .05% of energy users in the country. Since he invented the internet why doesn't he use online conferencing instead flying all over the place on his jet?

Typical liberal mindset - "Do as I say, not as I do."
01-30-2009 10:38 PM
Advertisement

jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(01-30-2009 10:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Ironically, it's the Global Warming activists who want everyone to return to the dark ages.

I'm just curious how you are so certain about GW being true, when scientists are not. Horoscopes? Tea leaves? Pig entrails?

The consensus for man made global warming among scientists is relatively strong (though far from universal). It far exceeds the percentage of economists who signed the letter signing Obama's "stimulus" proposal. Gore's biggest mistake is that he exaggerates the potential problems brought about by global warming, focusing on the most devestating worst case scenarios, regardless of how unlikely, rather that the actual projections. For example, just going by memory, the IPCCC projects a sea rise of about 1/100 of that claimed in Gore's film.
01-30-2009 11:55 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Al Gore is to Global Warming what Def Lepard was to 80's stadium concerts. They both rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-31-2009 12:15 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(01-30-2009 11:55 PM)jh Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 10:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

The consensus for man made global warming among scientists is relatively strong (though far from universal). It far exceeds the percentage of economists who signed the letter signing Obama's "stimulus" proposal. Gore's biggest mistake is that he exaggerates the potential problems brought about by global warming, focusing on the most devestating worst case scenarios, regardless of how unlikely, rather that the actual projections. For example, just going by memory, the IPCCC projects a sea rise of about 1/100 of that claimed in Gore's film.

The earth has experienced fluctuations of temp. countless times. It is sheer arrogance to think we can do much about it. I do fully agree though that burning of fossil fuels as a means of energy is a not good for our environment and we should seek to find clean renewable sources of energy. Gore is a pompous windbag that is using this crusade as means of making a living...not that there is anything wrong with being a profiteer.03-lmfao
01-31-2009 10:11 AM
Tripster Offline

Al Gore and DEF Leotards huh ????

One Won't Move and the other Can't Hear .....

You have fun guessing which is who ... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

01-31-2009 10:23 AM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
(01-31-2009 10:11 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  The earth has experienced fluctuations of temp. countless times. It is sheer arrogance to think we can do much about it.

Based on what? Do you have some sort of scientific understanding here you can explain to us, how when you pump 80 million barrels of oil out of the ground each day and burn it, that somehow doesn't affect the atmosphere?
01-31-2009 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
80 million may seem hugh to an individual 6 foot man. It is but a dust bunny to a planet the size of Earth.
01-31-2009 12:22 PM
Tripster Offline

(01-31-2009 11:44 AM)At Ease Wrote:  
(01-31-2009 10:11 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  The earth has experienced fluctuations of temp. countless times. It is sheer arrogance to think we can do much about it.

Based on what? Do you have some sort of scientific understanding here you can explain to us, how when you pump 80 million barrels of oil out of the ground each day and burn it, that somehow doesn't affect the atmosphere?

Yes Hun .....

I have done the research on this and Guess What Hoss ????

The "Real Scientist" who are 'drilling and sampling Ice' from both the Arctic and Antarctic, all have been fairly amazed by what they have discovered in "Multi-Million Year Old Ice".

They are absolutely ecstatic that the amount of Carbon in the atmosphere and other gases were as high then, as they are now and things were living right on.

They have been able to put together a very Concise Pattern of "Normal Climatic Cycles" of the Earth with HARD DATA from ICE CORE Samples !!! Not some stupid half-witted Venus is HOT crap like Al Gore.

Do the research for your self instead of being a Blind Following Lemming.

If you dare to explore:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/6855

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2008/07....years.ago

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...rozen.html

And these sites are just the "Tip of the Iceberg" (I made a funny there 03-lmfao)

01-31-2009 02:02 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

Trip, how dare you cloud this issue by using facts.
01-31-2009 02:19 PM
Tripster Offline

(01-31-2009 02:19 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Trip, how dare you cloud this issue by using facts.

Like Goose in Top Gun: "I hate it when it does that" ...

01-31-2009 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.