Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal aliens
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal aliens
Quote: E-Verify moving to House floor

Immediately phone your own U.S. Representative (even if he/she usually is pro-illegal-immigration). 202-224-3121

It now looks like the whole U.S. House is going to take up the stimulus bill this afternoon. We now expect the Rules Committee to issue rules for debate that will allow the E-Verify provision to be included (see explanation below).

Whatever the Rules Committee does, there is likely to be some kind of vote on whether to allow governments and businesses getting the trillion dollars of stimulus money to hire illegal aliens.

There may be a point of order on the floor to strip the requirement to use E-Verify to keep illegals out of the jobs. There may be an amendment to do that. Or if the Rules already stripped E-Verify, there may be an amendment to put E-Verify back in.

Your job is to let your own Representative know that his/her constituents expect this bill to explicitly require E-Verify to make sure all new jobs go to Americans and legal immigrants already here.

You all did an incredible job this morning. At the beginning, we were hearing that phone calls were running 50/50 on whether to allow stimulus money to be used to hire illegal aliens. Now, it sounds like the Rules Committee was absolutely overwhelmed by anti-illegal phone calls.

You must make this happen in your own Representative's office immediately. We don't know when the vote may occur. It could be tomorrow. It could be this afternoon. Time is of the essence.

-------------------------------------------------
Bush was fond of saying of illegal immigrants that they do the jobs that Americans won’t. (I’ve always felt that had more to do with what companies pay for those jobs.) Now, with so few jobs out there, many Americans are willing to reconsider what they’re willing to do, how hard they’re willing to work and how much money they’re willing to work for. Many are willing to consider new career options – any option, as long as they can get a job. They’re hoping to get the infrastructure jobs that will come with the stimulus plan.

But will they?

Roads need repaired. Bridges need to be built. Wind turbines need to be put up. Schools need to be renovated. There will be public transportations projects. Thousands, perhaps millions of people will be newly employed by the companies and contractors that win the bids to take on these projects. But who’s to say those businesses will be employing Americans at decent salaries?

Greed is a powerful motivating force and these employers may be tempted to hire illegal immigrants, as they often do, for these labor-intensive jobs with the intention of saving money on labor and thereby increasing their bottom line. These projects are a potential gold mine for businesses big and small. Why would they waste that money paying high wages to Americans when they can get illegal immigrants to do the work for less, and without benefits? What makes us think these businesses will act in the same interest that the stimulus is intended? Greed, after all, did get us here.

If, ultimately, American taxpayers are supporting and paying for this stimulus under the promise that it will create jobs for American workers, shouldn’t they receive a guarantee that they will, in fact, go to American workers? Will there be fine print in the bill that requires companies that win these contracts to employ only American citizens?

I say this now, not because I hate illegal immigrants – I don’t. (I’m for giving them a quick path to citizenship and getting them on the books as soon as possible.) I say this now because I can imagine the repercussions if Obama fails to include the “Americans only” disclaimer in the stimulus.

Imagine, we spend a trillion dollars of taxpayer money on this stimulus package. Roads are being improved, bridges are going up, but many Americans are still unable to get jobs, and are now seriously disgruntled because they know that they (and their children) are paying for a stimulus package that didn’t help them. So, one day, some poor unemployed soul drives by one of these construction sites. Now, you and I know that you can’t tell an illegal immigrant by looking, and Hispanic Americans are represented in higher proportions in these manual-labor fields. In fact, these Americans are some of the hardest hit by the recession as fewer and fewer projects break ground. But this unemployed spectator is angered by what he thinks he sees and goes home to call the local investigative reporter. You know the sort. Every Wednesday night they’re surprising some crooked small business owner in a parking lot with badgering questions about whatever scheme they were getting away with until “9News Investigates” got on the case.

Anyway, this enterprising and ambitious investigator does some digging and, sure enough, it turns out that illegal immigrants are being employed by the very contractors that won bids to build bridges and roads under the stimulus plan. It makes national news. Two nights later, Lou Dobbs does a special. The talking points go out and Fox News develops some clever phrase like “The Stimulagration Scandal” or “Stimugate” that they repeat over and over and over. And, like most things that conservatives introduce into the political lexicon, it gets picked up by the mainstream media. You hear it repeated on the Today Show, the Daily Show and the Tonight Show. America is good and pissed off, and Obama’s approval ratings plummet. He loses credibility and trust. He loses his political capital.

And that’s it. He’s done. Forget about re-election. And we can say goodbye to Progress.

We need to head this off NOW. Making sure these stimulus jobs go to American citizens is the right thing to do. And if we don’t do it, the consequences are dire.
01-28-2009 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
RE: ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal aliens
03-yawn
01-28-2009 02:12 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal alie
From a purely economic standpoint...does it really matter who benefits?
Regardless of who gets a job...are they not going to recycle their income back into the economy?...btw..I agree that we should find a path to citizenship for these people...but..we should also stop the welfare state and redefine citizenship in our much disregarded constitution.

I'm on record opposing ANY and ALL of the bailout BS. Possible failure of a business is a part of the risk of being in business. Those that fail leave a market opportunity for someone else to come in an benefit from that failure...OH..I forgot..We dont have a free marketplace in the US..so..Failure means that mommy government will step in and help.03-lmfao
01-30-2009 12:06 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal alie
(01-30-2009 12:06 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  From a purely economic standpoint...does it really matter who benefits?
Regardless of who gets a job...are they not going to recycle their income back into the economy?...btw..I agree that we should find a path to citizenship for these people...but..we should also stop the welfare state and redefine citizenship in our much disregarded constitution.

I'm on record opposing ANY and ALL of the bailout BS. Possible failure of a business is a part of the risk of being in business. Those that fail leave a market opportunity for someone else to come in an benefit from that failure...OH..I forgot..We dont have a free marketplace in the US..so..Failure means that mommy government will step in and help.03-lmfao

Or should it be nanny government?
01-30-2009 12:55 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: ALERT: Trillion dollars stimulus package will allow business to hire illegal aliens

NAW !!!!!!!!!!!

This just can't be true !!!!!!!

This the the "White House of Cinderella" after all .... no way this is going to happen ..

03-shhhh 05-stirthepot

01-30-2009 10:06 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-30-2009 12:06 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  From a purely economic standpoint...does it really matter who benefits?
Regardless of who gets a job...are they not going to recycle their income back into the economy?

Absolutely. For two reasons.

First, is that many aliens ship money back to their home country. That means they aren't recycling their income back into the US economy.

Second, and maybe you were getting at this already, is that if you tax people heavily and then give it to others, others who don't pay taxes or who send your money to foreign economies, you destroy incentive. So yes, it really does matter who 'benefits'.
01-30-2009 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(01-30-2009 12:31 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
Regardless of who gets a job...are they not going to recycle their income back into the economy?

Absolutely. For two reasons.

First, is that many aliens ship money back to their home country. That means they aren't recycling their income back into the US economy.

Second, and maybe you were getting at this already, is that if you tax people heavily and then give it to others, others who don't pay taxes or who send your money to foreign economies, you destroy incentive. So yes, it really does matter who 'benefits'.

Not to worry Doc. - - Bush started this and Obambi in continuation of this foolishness, has us on a super collision course with the One World Government like a Bullet Train on crack.

Soon, Mexico will be part of the "Amero Union" along with Canada and this is just a Little Brother offshoot of the European Union.

Who ever thinks me nuts on this one ... do the Research regarding the Northern American Union of Nations ....

If you don't trust me, trust Lou Dobbs then:

01-30-2009 02:59 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
At least it's creating jobs.
01-30-2009 03:04 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-30-2009 03:04 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  At least it's creating jobs.

Is it?

And even so, have you ever bothered to think more than one thought at a time. What sort of jobs is it creating? Bureaucrats. People who produce nothing of value. So down the line, they aren't adding any value to the economy.

Worse, these people oppose, hinder, and delay economic benefits such as innovation and manufacturing, they also increase the tax burden so that companies in the future won't be able to provide as many jobs...or will go out of business meaning fewer jobs.

This country seriously needs to revamp its education and/or its voting laws if we can't produce people who can think.
01-30-2009 03:35 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
The biggest problem with government spending is that it doesn't EVER go away. They consider a cut in the increase of some budget a spending cut.... so in a few years, when someone proposes returning the amount of money we spend on something to the pre-stimulus levels... SOMEONE will say "you're trying to take away our _____"
01-30-2009 04:02 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(01-30-2009 02:59 PM)Tripster Wrote:  Soon, Mexico will be part of the "Amero Union" along with Canada and this is just a Little Brother offshoot of the European Union.

Who ever thinks me nuts on this one ... do the Research regarding the Northern American Union of Nations ....

Ahh man, you've just relegated yourself to the Pile o' Strangos along with 9/11 Trufers, Obama Birf Certifikate deniers, and Moon Landing Hoax proponents.

Shame, really.
01-30-2009 05:03 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(01-30-2009 05:03 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 02:59 PM)Tripster Wrote:  Soon, Mexico will be part of the "Amero Union" along with Canada and this is just a Little Brother offshoot of the European Union.

Ahh man, you've just relegated yourself to the Pile o' Strangos along with 9/11 Trufers, Obama Birf Certifikate deniers, and Moon Landing Hoax proponents.

Shame, really.

Yeah but at least Lou Dobbs is hanging with me ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

01-30-2009 09:50 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes

+1

Remittances from Mexicans living in this country are Mexico's 2nd highest source of income behind their oil industry. Money sent to them does nothing for us.
01-30-2009 10:33 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(01-30-2009 10:33 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

+1

Remittances from Mexicans living in this country are Mexico's 2nd highest source of income behind their oil industry. Money sent to them does nothing for us.

I guess you are right...I saw a whole group of them coming out of the woods where they sleep,walking naked to work. I've even noticed that I don't see them in the grocery store anymore. I asked one why?...He told me that they have developed the ability to work and not ever have to eat anymore...cause all their money has to go back to Mexico.

I've changed my mind on this issue. I'm all for building walls,putting these people in jail and sending them back to Mexico. We have unemployed people everywhere that are willing to work for the same wages they are earning.04-bs
01-31-2009 09:50 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(01-31-2009 09:50 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

+1

I guess you are right...I saw a whole group of them coming out of the woods where they sleep,walking naked to work. I've even noticed that I don't see them in the grocery store anymore. I asked one why?...He told me that they have developed the ability to work and not ever have to eat anymore...cause all their money has to go back to Mexico.

I've changed my mind on this issue. I'm all for building walls,putting these people in jail and sending them back to Mexico. We have unemployed people everywhere that are willing to work for the same wages they are earning.04-bs

Fo, a dollar sent to Mexico is a dollar not spent here. Instead of that dollar circulating from person to person it simply dies south of the border.
01-31-2009 02:15 PM
Tripster Offline

Well, between NAFTA and GATT, our economy pretty much relies on Our Own Industrial & Service Job Exports paying very few of the bills.

READ HERE: NAFTA & GATT

We sent thousands of jobs under these two pieces of Theft Legislation to Mexico and look at what they are still doing.

Humping it North to steal across the Border and take slave wages.

Where is NAFTA and GATT in all this and why is it necessary for 'Illegals' to come here when they have a Free Ride at home in Our American Owned Businesses that have migrated South of the Border on us ???

We buy from one of Own American Owned Businesses in Mexico, we pay huge Punishing Tariff's, while when Mexico buys from the U.S., they pay ZERO Tariff's and most times are given the stuff at so far below cost, the Fed has to Welfare it to them.

Something just is not right here and we are getting screwed big time.

Now those are the facts .. 'naked travelers or not' ...

01-31-2009 02:38 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(01-31-2009 02:15 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(01-31-2009 09:50 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

+1

Fo, a dollar sent to Mexico is a dollar not spent here. Instead of that dollar circulating from person to person it simply dies south of the border.

Oh...Those people also told me that they never buy American goods in Mexico with money they earn in America. I completely agree with you...build more fences and also stop trading with Mexico. I'm with ya!04-cheers
01-31-2009 04:35 PM
Tripster Offline

(01-31-2009 04:35 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Oh...Those people also told me that they never buy American goods in Mexico with money they earn in America. I completely agree with you...build more fences and also stop trading with Mexico. I'm with ya!04-cheers

OK Fo ....

How exactly is it advantageous to the United States to send Millions of Dollars worth of Business to Mexico, then turn around and pay that same American Owned Business huge and punishing Tariff's because we located it in Mexico, yet allow Mexico to purchase EVERYTHING from us at so far below even what U.S. Manufactures have to pay to Create the Product, that Mexico basically gets it for free ??

A beer that will cost you $3.00 Dollars at a bar or more in a "Club" in the States, will only cost you .50 Cents in Mexico and even as little as .25 Cents in some more impoverished areas - - go buy a .25 Cent Beer in the U.S. and enjoy the Robust Taste and Quality of a well brewed Lager.

Prescription Drugs that most American Elderly can't even much afford can be purchased in Mexico for 1/100th the price and Our U.S. Citizens are dying for lack of Medications.

How on earth is this even close to being fair ????? <<<Gross Punctuation there)

Even Industrialized Canada gets the same breaks and passes it along to their Citizens ....

I don't know about you, but I don't really like subsidizing Canadian Citizens Medical Expenses .... Do You ??

When is enough just that - - Enough ??

You guys don't want us Policing the World, yet you want us Supporting the World with Tons of Money that does not BELONG to the Federal Government.

This is some tired old stuff man ....

01-31-2009 05:42 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(01-31-2009 05:42 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(01-31-2009 04:35 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Oh...Those people also told me that they never buy American goods in Mexico with money they earn in America. I completely agree with you...build more fences and also stop trading with Mexico. I'm with ya!04-cheers

OK Fo ....

How exactly is it advantageous to the United States to send Millions of Dollars worth of Business to Mexico, then turn around and pay that same American Owned Business huge and punishing Tariff's because we located it in Mexico, yet allow Mexico to purchase EVERYTHING from us at so far below even what U.S. Manufactures have to pay to Create the Product, that Mexico basically gets it for free ??

A beer that will cost you $3.00 Dollars at a bar or more in a "Club" in the States, will only cost you .50 Cents in Mexico and even as little as .25 Cents in some more impoverished areas - - go buy a .25 Cent Beer in the U.S. and enjoy the Robust Taste and Quality of a well brewed Lager.

Prescription Drugs that most American Elderly can't even much afford can be purchased in Mexico for 1/100th the price and Our U.S. Citizens are dying for lack of Medications.

How on earth is this even close to being fair ????? <<<Gross Punctuation there)

Even Industrialized Canada gets the same breaks and passes it along to their Citizens ....

I don't know about you, but I don't really like subsidizing Canadian Citizens Medical Expenses .... Do You ??

When is enough just that - - Enough ??

You guys don't want us Policing the World, yet you want us Supporting the World with Tons of Money that does not BELONG to the Federal Government.

This is some tired old stuff man ....

All the things you describe are the fault of failed US policies. I oppose ANY and ALL governmental regulation of the free market..I think I've been consistent in this opposition. I really could care less what the prices are in other countries for goods and services. I just know that the reason for the disparity lies directly at the feet of the governmental regulatory environment in OUR country. Our government makes it so onerous to do business and adds so many barriers to the free market...its a damn wonder any business make a profit. Stop blaming the Mexicans and Canadians and put an end to this massive bloodsucking leach of a government that is the real cause of our problems....That's the real tired old stuff.04-cheers
02-02-2009 12:05 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-28-2009 02:12 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  03-yawn

...and why does it happen? ^ that's why. Apathy.
02-02-2009 01:15 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.