Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mid-season grades
Bookmark and Share
UALRSuperFan Curtis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UALR
Mid-season grades
Citizens of the Trojan Empire!!!!

We're at the halfway mark of the conference race with BOTH of our teams in 1st place in the Western Division.02-13-banana However, the business end of the season starts in Florida this week, with 5 of the next 7 games being played away from the Stephens Center. For the women, it's simply a matter of not overlooking your opponent, playing real hard, making each shot count and being more disciplined going into and throughout February. If Coach Foley's Ladies do this, I believe we'll be division champs before Homecoming/Alumni Week (February 25-28).
Midseason Grade: B+

As far as the men, I really don't know. Although a 7-2 conference record and 14-6 overall sounds good at this point, they've been playing helter-skelter at times recently. Coach Shields' formula is more complex in my opinion.05-stirthepot We need to go at least 3-2 on the road and win out at home (especially against WKU on February 19 and UNO the following week). Otherwise, we could be looking at playing a 1st round game @ home in early March. I predicted a 16-13 record, so I'll be more than willing to eat crow with a slice of humble pie for dessert, should we win at least 3 more games this season.
Midseason Grade: C+

I wish both mens and womens teams the best this week and the rest of the way up to the SBC Tournament in Hot Springs. GO TROJANS!!!!!!:dance:
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2009 11:37 PM by UALRSuperFan Curtis.)
01-25-2009 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Boy, I am glad I didn't have you as a professor
(01-25-2009 11:32 PM)UALRSuperFan Curtis Wrote:  Citizens of the Trojan Empire!!!!

We're at the halfway mark of the conference race with BOTH of our teams in 1st place in the Western Division.02-13-banana However, the business end of the season starts in Florida this week, with 5 of the next 7 games being played away from the Stephens Center. For the women, it's simply a matter of not overlooking your opponent, playing real hard, making each shot count and being more disciplined going into and throughout February. If Coach Foley's Ladies do this, I believe we'll be division champs before Homecoming/Alumni Week (February 25-28).

As far as the men, I really don't know. Although a 7-2 conference record and 14-6 overall sounds good at this point, they've been playing helter-skelter at times recently. Coach Shields' formula is more complex in my opinion.05-stirthepot We need to go at least 3-2 on the road and win out at home (especially against WKU on February 19 and UNO the following week). Otherwise, we could be looking at playing a 1st round game @ home in early March. I predicted a 16-13 record, so I'll be more than willing to eat crow with a slice of humble pie for dessert, should we win at least 3 more games this season.

I wish both mens and womens teams the best this week and the rest of the way up to the SBC Tournament in Hot Springs. GO TROJANS!!!!!!:dance:

First in the Division and tied for best overall record in the league. That gets you a C+. I guess you don't grade on a curve.
01-26-2009 12:18 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
RE: Boy, I am glad I didn't have you as a professor
(01-26-2009 12:18 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-25-2009 11:32 PM)UALRSuperFan Curtis Wrote:  Citizens of the Trojan Empire!!!!

First in the Division and tied for best overall record in the league. That gets you a C+. I guess you don't grade on a curve.

Winning ugly tends to knock you down a letter grade.
01-26-2009 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

I have to agree with you. I would have to say at least an A- at this point. Now if we go down to Florida and stink it up, then I'll have to readjust, but at this point, you've got to say A-. The minus is due to losing bad to Western and at home to Troy.05-nono
01-26-2009 02:15 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(01-26-2009 12:56 AM)Robert C Wrote:  

Winning ugly tends to knock you down a letter grade.

I agree with Robert on this one. When you win as many as we have by the skin of your teeth, or as he says "ugly', then if does bring down your grade some. We've got a pretty good team, and one that seems to never quit(with the exception of Western and MO State), but I wouldn't say that we'll be a favorite to win the tournament.

The league is obviously down this year. Where would we be if Western, Middle Tennessee, South Alabama were as good as they usually are? That doesn't even include New Orleans and Lafayette where we normally wouldn't win at. No better than our inside game is, and usually playing only one of our two "shooters" at a time, we really aren't what I'd call championship caliber. We've won quite a few games strictly on "heart." While the East isn't as strong as we thought it would be, the West is even weaker.
01-26-2009 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.