Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball: Troy vs UALR
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Men's Basketball: Troy vs UALR
How do the UALR fans here think this game will turnout. I think Troy has a shot to get the big win. Troy has been playing some great basketball during this 3-game win streak; the difference in their play between the last 5 or so games and the beginning of the season is night and day. They are coming off of wins against USA 94-70 away, ULM 71-70 away, and UNO 83-72 in Troy. Head coach Don Maestri said he was hoping UNO's man-to-man defense will have prepared the players for UALR's strong man-to-man D they're going to face. My prediction is UALR wins 75-68
01-24-2009 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Men's Basketball: Troy vs UALR
(01-24-2009 02:02 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  How do the UALR fans here think this game will turnout. I think Troy has a shot to get the big win. Troy has been playing some great basketball during this 3-game win streak; the difference in their play between the last 5 or so games and the beginning of the season is night and day. They are coming off of wins against USA 94-70 away, ULM 71-70 away, and UNO 83-72 in Troy. Head coach Don Maestri said he was hoping UNO's man-to-man defense will have prepared the players for UALR's strong man-to-man D they're going to face. My prediction is UALR wins 75-68

Based on what I know about your team the key appears to be whether or not you are hot from the 3 point line. We stress hardnosed defense so that may disrupt your shooting somewhat, but I'm sure you'll get some open looks. We have been playing real well and this looks to be a matchup of hot teams. I feel good about our chances, especially at home, but an upset wouldn't shock me either. Certainly, if we aren't ready to play you could sneak out of here with a win. Your prediction sound quite reasonable to me. Good luck tomorrow.
01-24-2009 03:04 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Anything can happen with a bunch of 3 point shooters. They can win or lose to anyone.
01-24-2009 08:18 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Who knows. Troy lives or dies from the 3. If they are red hot, they win. If they aren't they usually don't. Just guessing: against our defense and on our court, they won't be red-shot, but who knows?
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 08:43 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
01-24-2009 08:43 AM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
I have always enjoyed watching Troy play. It seems as soon as your team gets across the mid court line they are looking to shoot. It is exciting to watch and I am looking forward to todays game.
01-24-2009 08:47 AM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

(01-24-2009 08:47 AM)RBL Wrote:  I have always enjoyed watching Troy play. It seems as soon as your team gets across the mid court line they are looking to shoot. It is exciting to watch and I am looking forward to todays game.

+1
01-24-2009 11:53 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(01-24-2009 08:43 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Who knows. Troy lives or dies from the 3. If they are red hot, they win. If they aren't they usually don't. Just guessing: against our defense and on our court, they won't be red-shot, but who knows?

Hopefully we will live by it tonight! lol
01-24-2009 06:56 PM
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Troy pulled out a close one against your Trojans. Even though your team wasn't playing as well as normal, whatever the reason, they still kept the game very close. Troy is the hottest it's ever been since joining the SBC. So good game and good luck to UALR the rest of the season.

By the way, very nice crowd for the game.
01-24-2009 10:11 PM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(01-24-2009 10:11 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Troy pulled out a close one against your Trojans. Even though your team wasn't playing as well as normal, whatever the reason, they still kept the game very close. Troy is the hottest it's ever been since joining the SBC. So good game and good luck to UALR the rest of the season.

By the way, very nice crowd for the game.

Close my :moon: . Your Trojans owned our Trojans from tip to final horn. Winning starts between the ears and our guys did not have their 01-rivals together from the git-go. Your team played well and deserves full credit. Our Team needs to pick themselves up and get ready for hell on the road.
01-24-2009 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

painful is the only way to describe that.

Two thoughts on way Troy could come out of the SBC this year:

1. Troy's pg was the best pg I have seen this season, period.

2. The 7 footer can play. He passed the ball and did a lot of little things.
01-24-2009 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.