No 57.14% 12 57.14%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Akron...
eliteeight02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Akron...
Well it has been a somewhat rough year for our Flashes so far, but we all know that Akron hasn't exactly been having a stellar year either, but there is a ray of hope. After this game, if we win which could be a big, momentum building win in a rivalry game at a sold out stadium, we have the MAC West Coming up. If we win this one and start improving, we could be on a tear by the time we get back to the MAC East play again, where 3 of our final 5 will be at home. Let's try and keep the faith. Go Flashes!
01-22-2009 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
RE: Akron...
If we have to look at this as a rebuilding year, then fine. But of all the teams, I do not want these guys to have a better season than KSU. Win/lose/draw, we need to deafeat the Roo!
01-22-2009 10:27 AM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
I have remade the I believe I can fly song. Yes I know I have to much time on my hands. Dont blame me blame the college curriculum. Some lines are the same.

I used to think that Kent could not win. And every game we played we'd lose again. But now I know what it means to be a fan. I have to cheer them on until the end.

If they can see it, then they can do it. If we just believe it, then they can do it.

I believe they can win. Losing to Akron is a sin. They will come out and light up the night. They wont go down without a fight. I believe they will score. And run the akron fans right out the door. I believe they can win. I believe they can win. I believe they can win.

See I was on the verge of giving up. Sometimes a streak must come to an end. But we cant let Akron be a part of it. So I know that it must start here with me.

IF I just cheer them, it might just steer them. If I stand behind them, they might just win some.

I believe they can win. No zips team is better Kent. Saturday is coming fast. And this doom and gloom will be part of the past. Lets fill the J.A.R and scare the roo. I wont be happy unless we make it poo. I believe they can win. I believe they can win. I believe they can win.
01-22-2009 12:10 PM
mmucha Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
"it has been a somewhat rough year for our Flashes"

eliteeight02

no.... its been a brutal year thus far.
& no reason to think things will get better.**

mike
'86

** i want to be wrong of course. c'mon team, for the love of god, PLEASE prove me wrong!!!!

ps got this e-mail from my dad today:

"No sense in even talking about KSU basketball.....they are already cooked and will be lucky to finish the
season with a winning record let alone preserving the 20 game/season streak.

Look for Akron to clean their clock at Akron on Saturday. Akron, although young and rebuilding, is playing
well and getting better and more confident with each win."
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 02:43 PM by mmucha.)
01-22-2009 12:58 PM
Kentville Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Akron will beat a demoralized, disorganized Kent team by double digits.
01-22-2009 05:07 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I truly believe they will want to win this game. Can they? That's an interesting question.
01-22-2009 08:27 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Good God almighty you Kent State "fans" are a disgrace. Hit a rough stretch and let's tar, feather and burn every player and coach in the town square.
Some of you anonymous posters are probably the same imbeciles I see every home sitting in the chairbacks with arms folded, pissed at the world, just hoping things go wrong so you can be right.

Take it to Summit County and leave us alone.
01-23-2009 11:50 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-23-2009 11:50 AM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Good God almighty you Kent State "fans" are a disgrace. Hit a rough stretch and let's tar, feather and burn every player and coach in the town square.
Some of you anonymous posters are probably the same imbeciles I see every home sitting in the chairbacks with arms folded, pissed at the world, just hoping things go wrong so you can be right.

Take it to Summit County and leave us alone.

Are you related to Dru and Cameron Joyce?
01-23-2009 11:52 AM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
No sir, just a lifelong Flashes fan who is flat out tired of the gull durned negativity.
01-23-2009 11:55 AM
flashfever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ksu
(01-22-2009 12:10 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I have remade the I believe I can fly song. Yes I know I have to much time on my hands. Dont blame me blame the college curriculum. Some lines are the same.

I used to think that Kent could not win. And every game we played we'd lose again. But now I know what it means to be a fan. I have to cheer them on until the end.

If they can see it, then they can do it. If we just believe it, then they can do it.

I believe they can win. Losing to Akron is a sin. They will come out and light up the night. They wont go down without a fight. I believe they will score. And run the akron fans right out the door. I believe they can win. I believe they can win. I believe they can win.

See I was on the verge of giving up. Sometimes a streak must come to an end. But we cant let Akron be a part of it. So I know that it must start here with me.

IF I just cheer them, it might just steer them. If I stand behind them, they might just win some.

I believe they can win. No zips team is better Kent. Saturday is coming fast. And this doom and gloom will be part of the past. Lets fill the J.A.R and scare the roo. I wont be happy unless we make it poo. I believe they can win. I believe they can win. I believe they can win.

lol i love it BRAVO!
01-23-2009 11:55 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-23-2009 11:55 AM)JimJoyce Wrote:  No sir, just a lifelong Flashes fan who is flat out tired of the gull durned negativity.

What do you think the issue with this team is? I think a lot of the complaining isn't so much complaining, but a search for the 20-win team that is hidden in this roster of players that the coaching can't seem to pull out of them.

In general, I think Fisher, Evans and Singletary give the Flashes three of the best SG/SF in the MAC. That alone should guarantee a competitive team, but for whatever reason, this team is badly stumbling. I personally want to see more Mincy and hope that somehow the coaches figure out a way to rotate Parks/Sullinger/Greene/Simpson to make viable interior play.

What do you think?
01-23-2009 12:08 PM
Advertisement

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-23-2009 12:08 PM)bopol Wrote:  
(01-23-2009 11:55 AM)JimJoyce Wrote:  No sir, just a lifelong Flashes fan who is flat out tired of the gull durned negativity.

What do you think the issue with this team is? I think a lot of the complaining isn't so much complaining, but a search for the 20-win team that is hidden in this roster of players that the coaching can't seem to pull out of them.

In general, I think Fisher, Evans and Singletary give the Flashes three of the best SG/SF in the MAC. That alone should guarantee a competitive team, but for whatever reason, this team is badly stumbling. I personally want to see more Mincy and hope that somehow the coaches figure out a way to rotate Parks/Sullinger/Greene/Simpson to make viable interior play.

What do you think?

I agree with you bopol. What really concerns me is that we are not getting better but instead getting worse. We almost beat St Marys at home and ILL and A&M on neutral courts but now we cant even be within double digits of Buffalo. When there is talent and teams digress to me that is alot related to coaching and that is what concerns me.
01-23-2009 01:29 PM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

KSU315, I seriously doubt Kent is getting worse. What ususally happens is that the better teams keep improving all year, while the mediocre ones tend to improve very little, if at all. That just increases the gap.

I am not bashing anyone, coaches or players. I have no reason to think that anyone isn't working hard. It is just that some years the individual talent, or the mix of talent, isn't as good as others. The one thing I've noticed lately is that the inside players are having a rough time defending inside and also holding on to rebounds. The perimeter defenders have to work harder at keeping the ball from going down there. Also the shooting hasn't been very good. Someone mentioned how they now realize just how good Scott and Quaintance really were. I always knew that. Rod Sherman was an excellent defender also. Kent has not figured out a way to defend without those guys. I would say pack in a zone like we did when I played ball in the late 50's and early 60's, but there are too many outside shooters for that to ever work again.
01-23-2009 03:50 PM
flashfever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ksu
is there a way to watch the game online?
01-24-2009 10:31 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(01-23-2009 12:08 PM)bopol Wrote:  I think a lot of the complaining isn't so much complaining, but a search for the 20-win team that is hidden in this roster of players that the coaching can't seem to pull out of them.
Bingo!
01-24-2009 10:54 AM
ksubb4evr Offline
Bench Warmer

I thought it would be streaming since it's on fsn oh
01-24-2009 11:01 AM
Advertisement

Flash5 Offline
Water Engineer

The Daily Kent Stater is live blogging the game. Not sure if that helps ...

http://www.kentnewsnet.com
01-24-2009 11:50 AM
eliteeight02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Game Time, Lets Go Kent!
01-24-2009 12:07 PM
eliteeight02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Akron shooting horribly early...
01-24-2009 12:11 PM
eliteeight02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Sloppy on both sides so far, with the way we've been playing, we needed to get out to a much better start than this....
01-24-2009 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.