Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm through with FOX 16
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
I'm through with FOX 16
Was watching tonight to hear the Trojan score, and after they got through fawning over the pigs, and an interview with Nolan Richardson, David Raath mentioned that there were "women's games played tonight with UCA, ASU, and UALR in action. You can log on to our website and see the scores." I have watched them almost since they went on the air because I like the news at nine o'clock, and because I always pull for the underdog. Them being the new kid on the block I started watching. No more.03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
01-21-2009 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
RE: I'm through with FOX 16
(01-21-2009 11:21 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Was watching tonight to hear the Trojan score, and after they got through fawning over the pigs, and an interview with Nolan Richardson, David Raath mentioned that there were "women's games played tonight with UCA, ASU, and UALR in action. You can log on to our website and see the scores." I have watched them almost since they went on the air because I like the news at nine o'clock, and because I always pull for the underdog. Them being the new kid on the block I started watching. No more.03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

I'm shocked. I don't get them live down here, but I do see their archived sportscasts. It looked as if they were pretty thorough covering the Sun Belt on most nights. This must have been an off night.
01-21-2009 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(01-21-2009 11:43 PM)Robert C Wrote:  
(01-21-2009 11:21 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Was watching tonight to hear the Trojan score, and after they got through fawning over the pigs, and an interview with Nolan Richardson, David Raath mentioned that there were "women's games played tonight with UCA, ASU, and UALR in action. You can log on to our website and see the scores." I have watched them almost since they went on the air because I like the news at nine o'clock, and because I always pull for the underdog. Them being the new kid on the block I started watching. No more.03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

I'm shocked. I don't get them live down here, but I do see their archived sportscasts. It looked as if they were pretty thorough covering the Sun Belt on most nights. This must have been an off night.

I used to never miss the evening sports report when we had a game. I no longer watch the local sports reports at all. The sucking up to the pig's nipple has just gotten more than I can bear. I put on ESPN when I want to hear about sports. We'll get about as much coverage there as on the local news.
01-21-2009 11:59 PM
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
I don't watch local sports. Get it all off internet. How in the world can you have an unbiased sports report when your sports cast is called Razorback Nation.
01-22-2009 01:15 AM
Dr. J. Offline
1st String

We're the Rodney Daingerfield of sports in Little Rock. We get no respect. Going up against the Hogs here is like Ralph Nader going up against the Dems and Republicans in the presidential elections.03-banghead
01-22-2009 09:11 AM
Advertisement

Dr. J. Offline
1st String

Maybe you should call them and tell them you're going to watch all the news and sports on websites so there's no need for them to be on the air at all.03-banghead
01-22-2009 09:30 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2009 11:59 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-21-2009 11:43 PM)Robert C Wrote:  

I used to never miss the evening sports report when we had a game. I no longer watch the local sports reports at all. The sucking up to the pig's nipple has just gotten more than I can bear. I put on ESPN when I t want to hear about sports. We'll get about as much coverage there as on the local news.

I don't know Mickey, last night about 10:30 I watched the college scores on the ticker that runs across the bottom of the screen, and it never gave the ladies score. Same situation last week, both Wednesday and Thursday, no scores for UALR men or women. I don't know who is responsible for turning scores in to ESPN, but I would suspect that it's the home teams job. Maybe since they lost, they don't want to turn them in.
01-22-2009 11:02 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
I don't know Mickey, last night about 10:30 I watched the college scores on the ticker that runs across the bottom of the screen, and it never gave the ladies score. Same situation last week, both Wednesday and Thursday, no scores for UALR men or women. I don't know who is responsible for turning scores in to ESPN, but I would suspect that it's the home teams job. Maybe since they lost, they don't want to turn them in.
[/quote]

I think ESPN only puts up scores of women's teams involving Top 25 ranked teams.
01-22-2009 04:49 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-22-2009 04:49 PM)PTJR Wrote:  I don't know Mickey, last night about 10:30 I watched the college scores on the ticker that runs across the bottom of the screen, and it never gave the ladies score. Same situation last week, both Wednesday and Thursday, no scores for UALR men or women. I don't know who is responsible for turning scores in to ESPN, but I would suspect that it's the home teams job. Maybe since they lost, they don't want to turn them in.

I think ESPN only puts up scores of women's teams involving Top 25 ranked teams.
[/quote]

Wonder why they do that? That sounds like discrimination.
01-22-2009 05:23 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock

Interesting. There is a company out there called Sportsticker. They used to either pay the sports information office to have somebody sit by the phone and give updates when they call or they would pay the person who actually sits on the phone. My son did it one year. Sweet gig. Sportsticker then sells all the info to networks. That is where all the scores come from that crawl on the bottom of the tv screen. They get really mad when somebody doesn't answer the phone.
01-22-2009 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.