Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Barack the magic negro
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Barack the magic negro
ROTFLMAO

Quote:(CNN) -- The chairman of the Republican National Committee said he was "appalled" by a song called "Barack the Magic Negro" on a CD distributed by one of his political rivals.

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan is first party member to criticize "Barack the Magic Negro."

"The 2008 election was a wake-up call for Republicans to reach out and bring more people into our party," RNC Chairman Mike Duncan said in a statement reported Saturday afternoon by Politico.

"I am shocked and appalled that anyone would think this is appropriate, as it clearly does not move us in the right direction."

Chip Saltsman sent RNC members the parody CD "We Hate the USA" for Christmas, which includes the controversial tune. He defended his decision Friday, telling CNN the song was clearly intended as a joke.

"I think most people recognize political satire when they see it," Saltsman told CNN. "I think RNC members understand that."

Saltsman, a former chair of the Tennessee Republican Party, was a top advisor to former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and managed former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign.

He is one of several candidates running to replace Duncan in the closely contested race to lead the Republican Party.

The song, set to the tune of the 1960s pop hit "Puff the Magic Dragon," was first played on Rush Limbaugh's radio show in 2007. Its title was drawn from a Los Angeles Times column that suggested Obama appealed to those who feel guilty about the nation's history of mistreatment of African-Americans.

Saltsman said the song, penned by long-time friend Paul Shanklin, should be easily recognized as satire directed at the Times.

The CD includes parody songs referencing former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, among other targets.

Also Saturday, Peter Yarrow, who co-wrote "Puff the Magic Dragon," called Saltsman's decision to distribute the parody tune "offensive," and "shocking and saddening in the extreme."

"It is almost unimaginable to me," Yarrow wrote in a statement sent to CNN, that Saltsman "would seriously be considered for the top post of the Republican National Committee. Puff, himself, if asked, would certainly agree."

Yarrow, a member of the 1960s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary, was a contributor to Obama's presidential campaign.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2008 07:21 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
12-27-2008 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: Barack the magic negro

You simply just have to hand it too All the Idiots in All Parties ... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

12-27-2008 07:49 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Naturally, CNN doesn't tell the full story about the term Magic Negro. They properly mention it came from the LA Times but the writer who coined that phrase was black himself.

Anyway, Duncan must be a closet lib.
12-27-2008 09:32 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(12-27-2008 09:32 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Naturally, CNN doesn't tell the full story about the term Magic Negro. They properly mention it came from the LA Times but the writer who coined that phrase was black himself.

Of course he is. How dare a republican be upset at a racist song. I am sure you find it perfectly appropriate. You and Paul need to pull out your KKK robes and your nooses. Idiots.
12-27-2008 09:47 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(12-27-2008 09:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(12-27-2008 09:32 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Naturally, CNN doesn't tell the full story about the term Magic Negro. They properly mention it came from the LA Times but the writer who coined that phrase was black himself.

Of course he is. How dare a republican be upset at a racist song. I am sure you find it perfectly appropriate. You and Paul need to pull out your KKK robes and your nooses. Idiots.

Racist song? Would you mind telling me exactly what part was racist? Since when is making fun of Obama and Sharpton racist?

Friggen libs, can't live with 'em, can't shoot em'
12-27-2008 09:51 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-27-2008 09:51 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Racist song? Would you mind telling me exactly what part was racist? Since when is making fun of Obama and Sharpton racist?

Pretty sad that you can't see/hear racism when it is right in front of you. Also, I note that you would like to resort to violence to "solve your problems". Do you even notice your violent tendencies? I keep saying it but violence is a republican trait.
12-27-2008 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
How many times do we have to tell you, Robert? Stop replying to fantom posts. If you can't respond to what someone says, don't respond. Oh, and get a sense of humor.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2008 10:40 PM by Paul M.)
12-27-2008 10:18 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(12-27-2008 10:10 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(12-27-2008 09:51 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Pretty sad that you can't see/hear racism when it is right in front of you. Also, I note that you would like to resort to violence to "solve your problems". Do you even notice your violent tendencies? I keep saying it but violence is a republican trait.
You still haven't told me which part is racist. And I'm not a violent person, you must have me confused with a striking union worker.
12-27-2008 10:18 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-27-2008 10:18 PM)Paul M Wrote:  How many times do we have to tell you, Robert? Stop replying to fantom posts. If you can't respond to what someone says, don't respond. Oh, and get a sense of humor.
I have a sense of humor. The thing is something actually has to be funny in order it to be humorous. Sorry to say, racism is not humerous.
12-28-2008 12:15 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
It's one thing for Rush Limbaugh to put this on his show, but this should be way above someone running for the head of the RNC
12-28-2008 12:54 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

So, since it wasn't racist, you can now laugh.
12-28-2008 12:57 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(12-28-2008 12:54 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  It's one thing for Rush Limbaugh to put this on his show, but this should be way above someone running for the head of the RNC

Politicians can't have a laugh from time to time?
12-28-2008 09:17 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RobertN ....... definition is in effect.... anything negative, offensive or off-color about blacks is raciest.
12-28-2008 10:57 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

And the really Non-Racist thing about the Song .... it was Al Sharpton Singing It !!!!!

(1, 2, 3, 4, ........)

12-29-2008 02:01 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-29-2008 02:01 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

And the really Non-Racist thing about the Song .... it was Al Sharpton Singing It !!!!!

(1, 2, 3, 4, ........)

Are you counting to see how long it takes me to respond to your post? Well, I am in mourning now. My school's football season is over after tonight and our b-ball team is well, bad. But they played down in your neck of the woods.

BTW, did I mention that I was looking at a job in Shreveport not to long ago? I could have been close enough to be able to visit you. 05-stirthepot Actually, you didn't happen to be the guy who interviewed me? I guess I now know why I never got the job. 03-lmfao
12-29-2008 02:20 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(12-29-2008 02:20 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Are you counting to see how long it takes me to respond to your post? Well, I am in mourning now. My school's football season is over after tonight and our b-ball team is well, bad. But they played down in your neck of the woods.

BTW, did I mention that I was looking at a job in Shreveport not to long ago? I could have been close enough to be able to visit you. 05-stirthepot Actually, you didn't happen to be the guy who interviewed me? I guess I now know why I never got the job. 03-lmfao

See now, that wasn't so hard. A sense of humor isn't that hard to come by. 03-lmfao
12-29-2008 09:20 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-28-2008 12:57 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I wonder what quotas and affirmative action that libs pimp would be considered? 05-stirthepot
12-29-2008 12:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(12-29-2008 12:41 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(12-28-2008 12:57 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I wonder what quotas and affirmative action that libs pimp would be considered? 05-stirthepot

Come on Reb, you know it's not racism if it only inpacts honkies.
12-29-2008 12:56 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Am I the only one who is just totally offended by this kind of thing?

I'm no fan of Obama, but some things simply cross the line, and this goes way, way too far over that line. I simply cannot imagine anyone thinking that this was funny, or appropriate, or anything but disgusting.
12-29-2008 01:09 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-29-2008 12:56 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(12-29-2008 12:41 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

Come on Reb, you know it's not racism if it only inpacts honkies.

I'm saying something entirely different. AA and quotas are racist by very definition. It's telling black people they can't succeed unless 'da government helps them out. It exists essentially because a few white, guilt-ridden liberals think black people are inferior.
12-29-2008 01:30 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.