Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miami HC
Bookmark and Share
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Miami HC
Miami has named Mike Haywood of ND as its new HC. Name never appeared as a candidate
12-23-2008 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Miami HC
Another black coach. Did the MAC make some deal in order to get bowl game invites or something?

Ok, that comes across as rude, Gill has proven his ability, and English is a top candidate...but it's odd that the MAC now has 50% of black coaches...right after the subject got hot again.
12-23-2008 02:40 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
(12-23-2008 02:40 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Another black coach. Did the MAC make some deal in order to get bowl game invites or something?

Ok, that comes across as rude, Gill has proven his ability, and English is a top candidate...but it's odd that the MAC now has 50% of black coaches...right after the subject got hot again.

Maybe they're going for a little recruiting advantage over the SEC, where it appears that race still plays a part in who gets chosen as a head coach.

Or maybe they're simply the best candidates for the job.
12-23-2008 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Bang Burger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Victory
Michael Haywood
Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs, Notre Dame

Coaching Career
2005-present: Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs, Notre Dame
2004: RB/Special Teams/Recruiting Coordinator, Texas
2003: RB/ST, Texas
2001-02: RB/ST, LSU
1999-2000: RB, LSU
1996-98: RB/ST, LSU
1995: RB, LSU
1994: RB/ST, Ball State
1993: Wide Recievers/ST, Ball State
1991-92: Outside LBs/ST, Ohio
1990: Defensive Ends/ST, Army
1989: Defensive Backs/ST, Army
1988: Grad Assistant, Minnesota

Awards as a Coach:
2005 AFCA Assistant Coach of the Year
Prominent pupils include Cedric Benson, Kevin Faulk, Dominick Davis, Darius Walker

Playing Career
1984-86: Cornerback, Notre Dame
1982: Flanker, Notre Dame

"Mike is a perfect hire. He has earned the right to be a head coach with his great work at places like Texas, Notre Dame and LSU. He's a great recruiter, respects the game, and is the kind of young person we need in college athletics."
-- MACK BROWN, Head Football Coach, University of Texas
12-23-2008 05:54 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
(12-23-2008 05:54 PM)Bang Burger Wrote:  Michael Haywood
Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs, Notre Dame

Coaching Career
2005-present: Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs, Notre Dame
2004: RB/Special Teams/Recruiting Coordinator, Texas
2003: RB/ST, Texas
2001-02: RB/ST, LSU
1999-2000: RB, LSU
1996-98: RB/ST, LSU
1995: RB, LSU
1994: RB/ST, Ball State
1993: Wide Recievers/ST, Ball State
1991-92: Outside LBs/ST, Ohio
1990: Defensive Ends/ST, Army
1989: Defensive Backs/ST, Army
1988: Grad Assistant, Minnesota

Awards as a Coach:
2005 AFCA Assistant Coach of the Year
Prominent pupils include Cedric Benson, Kevin Faulk, Dominick Davis, Darius Walker

Playing Career
1984-86: Cornerback, Notre Dame
1982: Flanker, Notre Dame

"Mike is a perfect hire. He has earned the right to be a head coach with his great work at places like Texas, Notre Dame and LSU. He's a great recruiter, respects the game, and is the kind of young person we need in college athletics."
-- MACK BROWN, Head Football Coach, University of Texas

Did anyone at Miami see a Notre Dame game this year? You'll know why he was available.
12-23-2008 09:20 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(12-23-2008 03:00 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  
(12-23-2008 02:40 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Another black coach. Did the MAC make some deal in order to get bowl game invites or something?

Maybe they're going for a little recruiting advantage over the SEC, where it appears that race still plays a part in who gets chosen as a head coach.

Looking at ND the past 2 years gives me no indication of why this guy should be hired.
12-24-2008 08:58 AM
TheNEWguy Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU
(12-24-2008 08:58 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Looking at ND the past 2 years gives me no indication of why this guy should be hired.

I assume he won't also be calling plays as the head coach...and anything to get out of ND before that ship sinks.
12-24-2008 11:40 AM
Advertisement

niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
So let me get this straight........Miami hired a guy who was demoted by Charlie Weis and had his primary responsibility taken away from him? Riiiiiiight. Sounds like a real smart move. Weis must be dancing in the streets.
12-24-2008 09:18 PM
bg816 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(12-24-2008 08:58 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Yeah, ND's offense was no where near as productive as Tennessee's...
12-24-2008 11:33 PM
Advertisement

Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd
(12-24-2008 09:18 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  So let me get this straight........Miami hired a guy who was demoted by Charlie Weis and had his primary responsibility taken away from him? Riiiiiiight. Sounds like a real smart move. Weis must be dancing in the streets.
Knowing what a fine head coach CWeis is, you're very grounded in your reasoning.
12-25-2008 09:08 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I hate to defend Notre Shame but Weiss took over the playcalling to give Haywood a chance to interview for jobs. Weiss knew Haywood was leaving and he helped Haywood get a job. Nothing to do with his ability to call games.
12-26-2008 05:23 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(12-24-2008 09:18 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  So let me get this straight........Miami hired a guy who was demoted by Charlie Weis and had his primary responsibility taken away from him? Riiiiiiight. Sounds like a real smart move. Weis must be dancing in the streets.

Do you honestly think that egomaniac Charlie Weiss hasn't always had control of the Irish offense?

IMO this is a good hire for Miami. Haywood has been one of the up and coming names for several years now, and has been a well respected assistant coach at several different schools.
12-26-2008 11:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.