Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hoops helps Football
Bookmark and Share
JVWOwls86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Hoops helps Football
Temple Football had a group of potential recruits in town this past weekend. The kids were at the Temple hoops upset of #8 Tennessee and grabbed 6 verbals for next year!!
Good job coach Dunphy helping out coach Golden.
12-18-2008 12:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gooch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio University
RE: Hoops helps Football
Man landed on the moon.
12-18-2008 12:44 PM
Percy Van Kirk III Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MAC FB
Kadeem Custis, a Philly kid, is announcing this afternoon he will be turning down offers from West Virginia, UConn, Pitt, Maryland, NC State and many others to play for the Temple Football Owls.

Can't be good news if you're a concerned parent of a Ohio High School Lineman who has visions of playing in the MAC.

Let's Goooooooooooooo Owls

Lets Go Temple.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 12:53 PM by Percy Van Kirk III.)
12-18-2008 12:52 PM
JVWOwls86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Brilliant point Percy!
12-18-2008 12:58 PM
meigseer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU and Ohio U
Gooch Wrote:Man landed on the moon.

You mean it wasn't in a television studio?04-jawdrop
12-18-2008 01:12 PM
chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
JVWOwls86 Wrote:Temple Football had a group of potential recruits in town this past weekend. The kids were at the Temple hoops upset of #8 Tennessee and grabbed 6 verbals for next year!!
Good job coach Dunphy helping out coach Golden.

According to Rivals, Temple has 19 commits so far. Of those 19, 14 are Two Star recruits and 5 have no ranking at all. The highest ranked player on Temple's list had a 5.4 (1) and all the rest were 5.2 or lower.

In addition, 15 of 19 reported their only offer was from Temple.

By comparison, CMU has 24 recruits, 5 Three Stars and 19 Two Stars. 10 are rated at 5.4 or higher, with the highest rating of 5.5 for five recruits.

Golden Al might want to get his recruiting help from someone other than the roundball coach. Getting sideline coaching from Dunphy would be a better idea.
12-18-2008 01:43 PM
Advertisement

JVWOwls86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Agreed, even Dunphy would have taken a knee in the Navy game!

Temple has more than 19..Rivals will catch up in a few days.
12-18-2008 03:06 PM
UB Worse Than Us Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls
Percy Van Kirk III Wrote:Kadeem Custis, a Philly kid, is announcing this afternoon he will be turning down offers from West Virginia, UConn, Pitt, Maryland, NC State and many others to play for the Temple Football Owls.

Can't be good news if you're a concerned parent of a Ohio High School Lineman who has visions of playing in the MAC.

Let's Goooooooooooooo Owls

Lets Go Temple.

However IT IS good news if you are the actual high school lineman that will be playing in the MAC because you know that Temple always has "great" recruiting classes and yet has still not found a way to produce a winning record. 03-lmfao
12-18-2008 03:08 PM
BobcatFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies
JVWOwls86 Wrote:Agreed, even Dunphy would have taken a knee in the Navy game!

The most important question isn't how many verbals Temple has, but how many will actually stick. What's the average over the Golden era, 60%?
12-18-2008 03:09 PM
JVWOwls86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
BobcatFan Wrote:

The most important question isn't how many verbals Temple has, but how many will actually stick. What's the average over the Golden era, 60%?

You'll have to ask PHammer that one...he loves keeping track of Temple's signees!!
12-18-2008 03:19 PM
victory engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: ']['emple
Its true with any program but with very little talent to start the golden era this coming season will show how good the recruiting classes have been. You will have several seniors that started with golden an entire group or red shirted players and new recruits to push the upper class.

To say that recruits are not very good a year or two after they sign is silly. Your god TG relied heavily on players he had nothing to with recruiting wise. Let see how this all shakes out.
12-18-2008 05:11 PM
Advertisement

chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I was able to find info on 1 of those not listed as committed yet. Of those 4, only Bernard Pierce was in the database, as Unranked. The other 3, Deonte Parker, Marcus Green, and Kwame Johnson, did not come up in a search of Rival's database.
12-18-2008 06:49 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
JVWOwls86 Wrote:You'll have to ask PHammer that one...he loves keeping track of Temple's signees!!
Thanks for thinking of me but I'll have to pass, there's been so many over the years I lost track.
12-18-2008 07:16 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
chipfan Wrote:

I was able to find info on 1 of those not listed as committed yet. Of those 4, only Bernard Pierce was in the database, as Unranked. The other 3, Deonte Parker, Marcus Green, and Kwame Johnson, did not come up in a search of Rival's database.

If MAC teams success or failure was based on what the Rivals recruiting data base said, none of the MAC teams would be able to even compete on the football field with any BCS school. The fact that we do compete and sometimes even win, tells me that outside of the top 100-200 kids in the country - Rivals really doens't know squat. They really don't have enough scouts to accurately rate several thousand kids.

With that said, Temple has each year gotten better under Golden. This past season they actually were very good defensively. DL was particularly strong. I think the Temple folks may agree that the jury is still out on Golden, particularly his in-game coaching. He has to this point upgraded the talent on the Owl's team.

I think an exciting BB game with a good crowd helps all football recruiting weekends for all MAC teams. An empty gym might, however, not be such a big help.
12-18-2008 07:45 PM
fishpro1234 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Temple
Crebman Wrote:
chipfan Wrote:

If MAC teams success or failure was based on what the Rivals recruiting data base said, none of the MAC teams would be able to even compete on the football field with any BCS school. The fact that we do compete and sometimes even win, tells me that outside of the top 100-200 kids in the country - Rivals really doens't know squat. They really don't have enough scouts to accurately rate several thousand kids.

With that said, Temple has each year gotten better under Golden. This past season they actually were very good defensively. DL was particularly strong. I think the Temple folks may agree that the jury is still out on Golden, particularly his in-game coaching. He has to this point upgraded the talent on the Owl's team.

I think an exciting BB game with a good crowd helps all football recruiting weekends for all MAC teams. An empty gym might, however, not be such a big help.

Crebman, you sound way too sensible.

Moderators, shouldn't he be banned?
12-18-2008 08:49 PM
Water Engineer

Rivals isnt the bible. For instance, Temple verbal Bernard Pierce had offers from West Virginia and Syracuse but lucky for MAC fans, you'll get to pay to see him play in your league.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2008/...961279.txt
12-19-2008 11:35 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Percy Van Kirk III Wrote:Rivals isnt the bible. For instance, Temple verbal Bernard Pierce had offers from West Virginia and Syracuse but lucky for MAC fans, you'll get to pay to see him play in your league.

Sounds like a good get. One of the top players in his county, decent size. I won't be paying to see him but if he gets to Toledo I'll probably see him along with the players that I do pay to see.
12-19-2008 12:12 PM
Gooch Offline
1st String

Percy Van Kirk III Wrote:Rivals isnt the bible. For instance, Temple verbal Bernard Pierce had offers from West Virginia and Syracuse but lucky for MAC fans, you'll get to pay to see him play in your league.

I can't wait to pay to see another sub .500 Temple football team. What an honor for our league.
12-19-2008 12:32 PM
Water Engineer

There you go again, Cooch, putting that apparent valueless Ohio education on display again.

Temple is 8-8 in MAC play since officially joining your league. Ohio is 7-9. The difference in overall record is in OOC play. While Ohio is scheduling VMI, Gardner Webb and Louisianna Lafayette, Temple is playing Penn State, UConn and Navy.

Incidentally against PSU, Uconn and Navy the MAC is 1-4 over the same time frame. UConn is a 6 pt fav vs Buffalo, we took em to OT in a monsoon. I think UConn wins by 2 TDs
12-19-2008 03:31 PM
Gooch Offline
1st String

Interesting, you left out our 2008 OOC road games at Ohio State, NWstern & Wyoming. This coming season we are at Tennessee and have UCONN at home. Keep trying, clown shoes.
12-19-2008 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.