Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Santa Claus Will Take You to Hell...
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Santa Claus Will Take You to Hell...
"Merry Christmas" from the Westboro "Baptist Church"....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3c_1229133179

I would not shed a tear if that "church" mysteriously exploded one night.. They put the L in "Loons"
12-17-2008 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Santa Claus Will Take You to Hell...
I can't believe they have kids singing about priests raping other kids...
12-17-2008 04:41 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
WMD Owl Wrote:I would not shed a tear if that "church" mysteriously exploded one night

03-melodramatic
Typical Republican response. 05-stirthepot
12-17-2008 04:50 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

cb4029 Wrote:
WMD Owl Wrote:I would not shed a tear if that "church" mysteriously exploded one night

03-melodramatic

I wouldn't mind seeing that joint blown to smithereens. What your solution? Do you approve involving kids in that horrible, insulting song?

BTW, love your 3 Stooges-Bush ducking thing in your sig
12-17-2008 05:02 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
smn1256 Wrote:
cb4029 Wrote:

03-melodramatic

I wouldn't mind seeing that joint blown to smithereens. What your solution? Do you approve involving kids in that horrible, insulting song?

BTW, love your 3 Stooges-Bush ducking thing in your sig

I didn't even click the link, I just thought he sounded awful angry and hateful.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 05:38 PM by cb4029.)
12-17-2008 05:37 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

That is simply the "Bin Laden Version of Christian Idiots", no more, no less.

And the sad thing, the little "YO" kid is about the only one God would accept into Heaven if the Building did explode in on top of and killing them.

He does not know what he is doing.

That is NOT Christianity any more than Bin Laden represents All Muslims.

12-17-2008 06:46 PM
Tripster Offline

Oh yeah !!!!

Those are Real Works of Art there boy.

We will find them all dead and rotting out in the Rhubarb Fields one day after sucking some Cyanide Laced Kool-Aid.

Why do people sentence them selves to being lesser humans like this ???

I am just lost on that facet of humanity ..... ???????

Is that YOUR Church there RockyMtSpottedFeverTick ???? Then I understand you son !!!!! Run, RUN NOW …. As FAST AS YOU CAN !!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 10:00 PM by Tripster.)
12-17-2008 06:56 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Some people are just plain appalling. We should reactivate the Special Committee on Un-American Activities and put everyone in that video on that list. This is the Jim Jones reincarnate, they would Drink the koolaid. drink up and be happy.
12-17-2008 08:49 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I'll say this; if that song had mocked blacks it would be a hate crime. If it had mocked Islam they'd be running for their lives.

Free speech can be abused.
12-17-2008 10:53 PM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
Quote:I'll say this; if that song had mocked blacks it would be a hate crime.
I disagree. People make racial insensative remark and make up songs all the time. I don't believe anyone has ever been convicted of a hate crime because of them.

Quote:If it had mocked Islam they'd be running for their lives.
I'm sensing a little jihad envy.

Quote:Free speech can be abused.
On the contrary, out and out violence against people because of what they are saying is the true abuse. In a free society, people have the right to say whatever they want, and you can say the opposite right back. (Obviously yelling fire in a theater is out.) But if your response to someone's speech is a threat of violence, or violence itself, then you have taken away the freedom of speech in that society.

Many countries are looking to pass blasphemy laws right now because Islamic scholars are calling for these laws. But if you look into this you'll find that these aren't countries that you'd describe as free.
12-18-2008 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tripster Offline

Isn't this the Church where they were going to put the Crazy Lunatic Pastor in prison for Threatening the POTUS ???

I believe he died before any true legal action could start, but they always had lawsuits and injunctions against them for all sorts of "Violent Activity".

These people are not just a bunch of 'Throw'd Off's' that keep to themselves .... they go out and seek Violent Trouble.

If this is the same church or set of churches that is.

12-18-2008 02:36 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
So, Flying the Rebel Flag in Alabama is OK with you. You have every right to call a Black Person a Ni_gger, a Mexican a Spic, a Homosexual a F@g, women - *****. WTF is the matter with you, where you abused as a child, dropped on you head at birth, all of this should not bother you the least, right ...... jack@ss. Get my point. There is such a thing as hateful speech and free speech can be abused.

I can't help myself, if you set them up, I'll knock them down.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 03:06 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
12-18-2008 02:58 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

SumOfAllFears Wrote:So, Flying the Rebel Flag in Alabama is OK with you. You have every right to call a Black Person a Ni_gger, a Mexican a Spic, a Homosexual a F@g, women - *****.
I'm not sure, but I think you might be responding to my post above.

People should have the right to say what ever they want. I don't have to be OK with the rebel flag, but other people clearly are. Should I go into their house and rip it out of their window because I disagree with their speech? Can I cal people every name in the book? Sure I can, it isn't going to win me any friends, however. If my goal is to piss of the world that's one way to do. Should I go to jail for it? If that were the case I hope I'm never misheard.

The morons at Westboro have shown that they can say whatever they want, and they have effectively marginalized them to the point of nobody taking them seriously. They have the right to say all the nonsense in the world, and the rest of the world has the right to laugh their asses off at them, or get angry and post tirades on the internet, or even protest their protests.

Quote:WTF is the matter with you, where you abused as a child, dropped on you head at birth, all of this should not bother you the least, right ...... jack@ss. Get my point.
I'm really not bothered by you calling me names. I think you're missing my point.

Quote:There is such a thing as hateful speech and free speech can be abused.
Sure there's hateful speech. It's all over the place. Where do you draw the line, though? Anytime a kid calls another kid doo-doo-head should he be brought up before the hate speech review board? No, that's absurd.

How about whenever anyone is critical of religion? Well that rules out being critical of the Westboro Church.

How about the state sanctions ideas, and you cannot be critical of them? We'll put the top five major religious denominations in this category. Yeah, the government can tell us what to think. That doesn't sound like such a great idea either.

My solution is people can say whatever they want. And the audience can make a decision based on that speech. Either, good idea, bad idea, the speaker is a moron, etc. Ideas cannot do any harm directly. Then need idiots who don't think to act on them to make them crimes. What is your solution?

Disclaimer: I'm still not sure that you're responding to my post, but I can't see what else you could be replying to.
12-18-2008 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
Is it just me? I seem to get Landover Baptist Church and Westover Baptist Church[2] confused?
12-18-2008 04:15 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
SumOfAllFears Wrote:...... jack@ss. Get my point. There is such a thing as hateful speech and free speech can be abused.

Case in point:

SumOfAllFears Wrote:...... jack@ss. Get my point. There is such a thing as hateful speech and free speech can be abused.
12-18-2008 04:18 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
In 2007 I went to a funeral of a Marine Officer killed in Iraq and these Loons were set up across the street from the Cemetery when we arrived for the burial service.

They had all their stupid signs there and were waiving them. No yelling however. No bullhorns. There was also a cop standing five feet from them just waiting for any excuse to arrest them-- blocking traffic, jaywalking, etc. He didn't look happy.

They were still there after the service-- and it upset many of the people afterward driving out.

Thankfully cooler heads prevailed.
12-18-2008 09:21 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

WMD Owl Wrote:In 2007 I went to a funeral of a Marine Officer killed in Iraq and these Loons were set up across the street from the Cemetery when we arrived for the burial service.

They had all their stupid signs there and were waiving them. No yelling however. No bullhorns. There was also a cop standing five feet from them just waiting for any excuse to arrest them-- blocking traffic, jaywalking, etc. He didn't look happy.

They were still there after the service-- and it upset many of the people afterward driving out.

Disgraceful.
12-18-2008 10:09 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

They certainly are a disgraceful bunch who have no idea that the right that they are exercising is protected by the very people they are protesting. Irony meters explode when they come near.
12-19-2008 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.