Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great News Going Into The Break ...
Bookmark and Share
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Great News Going Into The Break ...
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2008 04:13 PM by Go Fly Win Owls!.)
12-02-2008 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: Great News Going Into The Break ...
Congrats JMac!!! Glad to see him win POW. He is key to our team's success whether he is putting up big numbers or not.
12-02-2008 04:41 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
I've always liked Nickerson. He seems like a leader.
12-02-2008 04:51 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

well deserved. His leadership got us those wins against MES and USC upstate.
12-02-2008 05:39 PM
Advertisement

maxxhead Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSUOWLS
Great to see J-Mac get this award. We need some other bigs to step up
12-02-2008 07:49 PM
1st String

You mean we need Mitchell and Cummings to get healthy !!!!!! Mitchell, Cummings (who I think can play SG-PF), JMac, Whipple, Allison, and Zadrian is plenty enough size for the ASun...unfortunately we are playing shorthanded right now.
12-02-2008 08:16 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Its odd/sad our athletic website can't give us some injury updates. Mitchell was crucial to our success this year.
12-02-2008 08:38 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Will they be redshirting this year since it seems like their not going to play?
12-02-2008 09:21 PM
1st String

With no official announcement I am still holding out hope, bu I would say that at this point it can't look good for them playing this year...who knows though. I think if we don't see them in December we probably won't see them at all...it will simply be too much time missed.
12-02-2008 09:56 PM
maxxhead Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSUOWLS
Any thoughts on our next seven games, six of which are on the road.Also Spencer Dixon seems to be playing pretty well.
12-03-2008 10:07 AM
Advertisement

1st String

I think our young guards will continue to improve...the question on which this entire season hangs is whether our big men will be able to carry the load. JMac has proven he can carry his own weight...the jury is still out on whether Polo, Zadrian, and Allison will be able to consistently contribute. All three have had moments of brilliance, and moments where they simply disappear. I hope that one of them would understand that serious playing time is to be had ... all they have to do is go out and get it. Perhaps that is what Zadrian realized last game.
12-03-2008 11:21 AM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Mitchell is allowed to run now.
12-03-2008 01:42 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

KennesawBasketball Wrote:I think our young guards will continue to improve...the question on which this entire season hangs is whether our big men will be able to carry the load. JMac has proven he can carry his own weight...the jury is still out on whether Polo, Zadrian, and Allison will be able to consistently contribute. All three have had moments of brilliance, and moments where they simply disappear. I hope that one of them would understand that serious playing time is to be had ... all they have to do is go out and get it. Perhaps that is what Zadrian realized last game.

Really?

Is he the only one who has created that impression? What about JD Pollock? Why is his name not one of the ones who rolls off of your tongue immediately? Is it because he hasn't hit a game winning shot lately?

With Polo, what you have seen for the past 2 seasons (not counting this one) is probably all you are ever going to see. Zadrian is a walkon, so anything you get from him is gravy, or icing on the cake. Even though he can make big plays, the walk on stigma is still attached, as fair or as not fair as it may be. At this point, Allison takes 2 steps forward and one back. His inexperience is the cause of that. His goal should be to get better everyday with the little things, like catching the ball, and then move forward.

Sometimes through the hype and excitement, we lose sight of the fact that this is a team game and we need to play for each other and just not with each other for the good of the team. I doubt that if our record was 2-5 with the same personnel, we wouldn't be talking about who is carrying their weight, only about who is not carrying it.

Another thing that irritates me is that we seem to keep harping on who is not in uniform and what it would be like if they were here.

Why??

With that attitude it seems like our record is 2-5 and we are looking for the next season to start. Why can't we just live with who we have and chart their progress, and watch Ingle perform his magic?

Trust me, over the next 6 games we will TRULY see the big photo!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2008 01:53 PM by Go Fly Win Owls!.)
12-03-2008 01:50 PM
Advertisement

1st String

GFWO: I was speaking of our frontcourt only, not our backcourt. JD has obviously shown that he can be a leader, although I wouldn't always count on him scoring double digits. I said that our big men will carry us as far as our team will go precisely because of JD, Kelvim, Spencer, and Kurtis. I think we get production out of 3 out of 4 of those guys every night not to mention Chambers or someone else contributing.

We need our bigs to be consistent. If we don't get Mitchell and/or Cummings than it will be up to Zadrian, Polo, and Allison to help JMac provide some rebounding and consistent scoring in the post. I love everyone on our team, but you would have to blind to not notice our lack of a frontcourt rotation at this point. Our 5-2 record this far is a credit to our coaching staff, and the teachability of our young players. As long as they stay open and humble, Ingle will get the most out of them....I am just not sure at this point how far he can take them without one of our bigs (other than JMac) stepping up to help out in the paint.
12-03-2008 02:21 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

We need Mitchell back to help out the frontcourt. We're off to a great start but we've beat no one of significance right now. Lets face it, any conference win is AWESOME, especially considering how young we are, but Upstate is a bottom dweller. Its a fun team to watch because we seem to have someone new making big plays every night out. Mos def going to be a fun season.
12-04-2008 01:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.