Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Moslems welcome Christian neighbors in Cairo.
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Moslems welcome Christian neighbors in Cairo.
If I were US President I'd cut off the $ 3 Billion financial aid we give Egypt every year until they stop these attacks. Not one more god damned dime until they clean up their act! But Bush is a coward.

20,000 Muslims Attack a Church in Cairo

GMT 11-26-2008 10:18:36
Assyrian International News Agency

One thousand Christians were today trapped inside the Coptic Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary in West Ain Shams,Cairo, after more than twenty thousand Muslims savagely attacked them with stones and butane gas cylinders. The Church's priest Father Antonious said that the situation is extremely dangerous.

The Muslim mob that attacked the church blocked both sides of the street and encircled the church building, broke its doors and demolished its entire first floor. The mob were chanting Jihad verses as well as slogans saying "we will demolish the church" and "We sacrifice our blood and souls, we sacrifice ourselves for you, Islam", while the entrapped Christians chanted "Lord have mercy".

The incident started on the occasion of the inauguration of the Church today, when the Muslims hastily established a Mosque in the early hours of this morning, by taking over the first floor of a newly-built building facing the Church and started praying there.

When the security forces tried to disperse the mob, they went to nearby homes and shops owned by Christians, and were armed with sticks, butane, knives and other sharp objects. Witnesses said the mob included children from as young as 8-years old to men of over 50-years old, in addition to women (So much for Islamic Tolerance!).

The Church building was originally a factory that was adapted into its pres
ent state, the matter which took over five years to complete and to get the necessary permissions from the authorities to have a Church established.

Human rights organizations and lawyers were refused entry into the besieged Church.

http://www.voiceofthecopts.org
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2008 11:12 AM by BroncoPhilly.)
11-27-2008 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tommyboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
RE: Moslems welcome Christian neighbors in Cairo.
I second that, we need to cut off aid to countries that hate us. If Japan can use it's foreign aid to get votes for whaling we should use it to support countries that don't support terrorism.
11-28-2008 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.