UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

With both uat and au off this weekend,
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
With both uat and au off this weekend,
I'm expecting our biggest crowd of the year.
11-19-2008 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

RE: With both uat and au off this weekend,
mobileblazer Wrote:I'm expecting our biggest crowd of the year.

This is also the first time since the '05 win at Memphis that we are coming home after a road win. 02-13-banana
11-19-2008 05:22 PM
uabfanman Offline
1st String

I'm thinking the cold might keep some folks at home, but not me.
11-19-2008 05:26 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I hope I am wrong, but I really doubt that this will be the biggest crowd of the year.

I usually do a pretty good job of guessing the crowd based on the enthusiasm for the game on this board.
Check the tailgate thread, we have three people committed to bringing something.
Add to that the fact that I have had four different people call me up and ask me if I knew anyone that wanted their extra tickets.
Add to that the fact that East Carolina's season has taken a turn for the worse and their fans on their board dont seem to be too interested in making the trip.
Add to that the fact that it is a late start on a COLD night.

I just dont see a big crowd, I'm guessing 14k or so, will be thrilled with 17k
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2008 05:27 PM by BlazerMatt.)
11-19-2008 05:27 PM
Advertisement

bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

Check out our November attendance history, and look at a very chilly weather forecast for Saturday evening.

I remember a very cold Saturday vs. East Carolina back in mid-November, 2002, when DHack put on a show, when there weren't more than a thousand people in the stands by game's end.

I hope you are right, but I don't expect it. If we have 15,000, I would be very pleasantly surprised.
11-19-2008 05:27 PM
dragonbreath Offline
All American

BlazerTalk Award
uabfanman Wrote:I'm thinking the cold might keep some folks at home, but not me.

It is finally football weather now.04-rock
11-19-2008 05:42 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Being a night game, cold, losing season & Tex Tech vs OK won't be a large crowd but ECU will bring a decent amt of fans w/ bowl on line. I got my 4 freebies from the university to use along w/ my season tickets & bro might come along w/ a couple of his little league coaches/friends. I'd say actual butts may be 8-12k but pd att 13-15k
11-19-2008 05:44 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

bftb Wrote:

Check out our November attendance history, and look at a very chilly weather forecast for Saturday evening.

I remember a very cold Saturday vs. East Carolina back in mid-November, 2002, when DHack put on a show, when there weren't more than a thousand people in the stands by game's end.

I hope you are right, but I don't expect it. If we have 15,000, I would be very pleasantly surprised.

Course, one of the reasons for low November attendance was from people pissed at the former head coach after yet another mid-season dive.
11-19-2008 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.