Planning under way for Obama holiday
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Planning under way for Obama holiday
Quote:Planning under way for Obama holiday
The Capital-Journal
Published Sunday, November 09, 2008

Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

"Yes We Can" planning rallies will be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every Tuesday at the downtown McDonald's restaurant, 1100 Kansas Ave., until Jan. 13. The goals are to secure a national holiday in Obama's honor, to organize celebrations around his inauguration and to celebrate the 200th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, who was born on Feb. 12 1809.

At 7:30 a.m. on Inauguration Day, Obama Cake will be served at the downtown McDonald's, and a celebration is scheduled for 8 p.m. to midnight Jan. 20 at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center, 420 S.E. 6th.

For more information, contact Sonny Scroggins, (785) 232-3761, 845-6148 or at biasbustersofkansas@yahoo.com; Lamont Lassiter, McDonald's general manager, 608-2739; Ava Chander-Beard, (785) 234-9138, ava.beard@sbcglobal.net; or Rhoda Carr, (785) 220-5883.

FFS. I swear, this f'er is either the Antichrist, or the prophet to the Antichrist. He's done absolutely NOTHING, and they're wanting to honor this moron.

What's scarier is that these idiots vote. 01-wingedeagle
11-09-2008 05:23 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Planning under way for Obama holiday
Obama and Pelosi have been on TV quite a bit these days and has anyone noticed that all of a sudden they're lowering their expectations of what they can do?
11-09-2008 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
03-melodramatic

I don't think a group of nutjobs at the local McDonalds is going to get a National Obama Holiday to happen.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2008 05:47 PM by ETSUfan1.)
11-09-2008 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Rebel Wrote:
The Capital-Journal

Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

"Yes We Can" planning rallies will be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every Tuesday at the downtown McDonald's restaurant, 1100 Kansas Ave., until Jan. 13. The goals are to secure a national holiday in Obama's honor, to organize celebrations around his inauguration and to celebrate the 200th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, who was born on Feb. 12 1809.

At 7:30 a.m. on Inauguration Day, Obama Cake will be served at the downtown McDonald's, and a celebration is scheduled for 8 p.m. to midnight Jan. 20 at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center, 420 S.E. 6th.

For more information, contact Sonny Scroggins, (785) 232-3761, 845-6148 or at biasbustersofkansas@yahoo.com; Lamont Lassiter, McDonald's general manager, 608-2739; Ava Chander-Beard, (785) 234-9138, ava.beard@sbcglobal.net; or Rhoda Carr, (785) 220-5883.

FFS. I swear, this f'er is either the Antichrist, or the prophet to the Antichrist. He's done absolutely NOTHING, and they're wanting to honor this moron.

Yeah, it is a little early for that. However you have tto remember it is only a few people starting this "campaign" not the entire liberal base. I am quite sure there were some on the right who are/were pushing for a Bush holiday so don't be so overly judgemental.
11-09-2008 05:49 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Rebel:hissyfit: Wrote:
The Capital-Journal

Jealous? 05-stirthepot
11-09-2008 05:49 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

cb4029 Wrote:Jealous? 05-stirthepot

cb, Obama hasn't done anything yet... hell, he didn't do squat as a senator. But still the ignorant are willing to put him on a pedestal because he talks nice and promises to write them a check.

Obama might be a decent president (I doubt it), but let's wait until we see his track record before we grant him sainthood.
11-09-2008 06:08 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
smn1256 Wrote:
cb4029 Wrote:Jealous? 05-stirthepot

cb, Obama hasn't done anything yet... hell, he didn't do squat as a senator. But still the ignorant are willing to put him on a pedestal because he talks nice and promises to write them a check.

Obama might be a decent president (I doubt it), but let's wait until we see his track record before we grant him sainthood.

Hey, I'm not lined up to give the man a holiday, yet. 05-stirthepot
11-09-2008 06:26 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
If some people in Topeka want this day badly enough, they should have done a better job of going blue in 2008 (it was close but McCain carried the county by less than a thousand votes). Obama has roots in Kansas but he still got beat badly. I doubt this tiny movement has any legs whatsoever, except for bitter right-wing bloggers who continue to focus on the wrong subjects. They're the same ones who predicted celebratory rioting last Wednesday.

If you want to intelligently argue about Inauguration Day being a holiday for some people, the only pertinent thing to understand is that Jan. 19th is MLK day. So there could be some people who take off Jan. 20th as a personal holiday to have a four day weekend and watch the swearing in on television or at some pre-planned event.
11-09-2008 06:38 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

This is probably another ploy for workers to get yet another day off at the expense of the employers.
11-09-2008 08:37 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I'm waiting for my redistribution check from Reb, WMD, and smn1256. Can't decide if I'll buy crack or gamble. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2008 07:26 AM by firmbizzle.)
11-10-2008 07:26 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
gamble.......

parlay into something meaningful my man
11-10-2008 07:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.