Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does this end Affirmative Action?
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Does this end Affirmative Action?
Barry's election proved last night once and for all there are no longer any barriers to African Americans achieving the highest accomplishment without any "artificial" assistance. He earned it on his own merits. With that said doesn't this prove that that affirmative action isn't required any longer?
11-05-2008 07:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Does this end Affirmative Action?
That glass ceiling has been shattered. I don't wanna hear **** from here on out.
11-05-2008 07:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:...doesn't this prove that that affirmative action isn't required any longer?

I would say YES. But let's ask Al and Jesse about this before we start to make sense.
11-05-2008 09:48 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
I would hope it does end, but we'll see.
11-05-2008 09:50 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
No, just the opposite. Lets take the "waiter, waitress" issue Obama brought up. He said hey that waitress needs a little extra money. Furthermore, if a white waiter gets a bigger tip than will not be fair to the non white waiter.
11-05-2008 09:51 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

SuperFlyBCat Wrote:No, just the opposite. Lets take the "waiter, waitress" issue Obama brought up. He said hey that waitress needs a little extra money. Furthermore, if a white waiter gets a bigger tip than will not be fair to the non white waiter.

Did he really make such a stupid and racist statement? C'mon, he didn't, right?
11-05-2008 10:03 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
We still need to work on sexism, and disabilities.
11-06-2008 01:04 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
SuperFlyBCat Wrote:No, just the opposite. Lets take the "waiter, waitress" issue Obama brought up. He said hey that waitress needs a little extra money. Furthermore, if a white waiter gets a bigger tip than will not be fair to the non white waiter.
I smell bull****.
11-06-2008 10:40 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Barry's election proved last night once and for all there are no longer any barriers to African Americans achieving the highest accomplishment without any "artificial" assistance. He earned it on his own merits. With that said doesn't this prove that that affirmative action isn't required any longer?
I for one hope that this will let minorities know that anything is possible with hard work and determination. It is about time we stopped sitting on our asses waiting for handouts and started to take advatage of all the opportunities that this country affords us.

I would love to see lower entrance requirements to colleges and other "affirmitive action" policies disappear, but I am sure there are some black "leaders" who will say they are still necessary.
11-06-2008 10:44 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
uhmump95 Wrote:I for one hope that this will let minorities know that anything is possible with hard work and determination. It is about time we stopped sitting on our asses waiting for handouts and started to take advatage of all the opportunities that this country affords us.

Hopefully he'll become a bigger role model than Diddy and 50 Cent.

11-06-2008 10:49 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Obama should be the one word response to shut-up anyone who spouts that garbage from here on.
11-06-2008 10:51 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

uhmump95 Wrote:I for one hope that this will let minorities know that anything is possible with hard work and determination.
Bingo! We have a winner. 04-cheers
11-06-2008 11:04 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Now white people will have to complain about the MAN keeping them down!
11-06-2008 11:36 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
uhmump95 Wrote:
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Barry's election proved last night once and for all there are no longer any barriers to African Americans achieving the highest accomplishment without any "artificial" assistance. He earned it on his own merits. With that said doesn't this prove that that affirmative action isn't required any longer?
I for one hope that this will let minorities know that anything is possible with hard work and determination. It is about time we stopped sitting on our asses waiting for handouts and started to take advatage of all the opportunities that this country affords us.

I would love to see lower entrance requirements to colleges and other "affirmitive action" policies disappear, but I am sure there are some black "leaders" who will say they are still necessary.

+1...I hope you are right...and not just minorities...There are lots of white folks doing the same damn thing. We totally have become a nation of "blood suckers" living off the labors of others.
11-07-2008 09:45 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

YOU MEAN "Affirmative Action Was Ended" ????? !!!!!!!

Wow ...... I guess they didn't report that in the Media.

Oh I know why the Media missed it ..... Paris Hilton was Breathing that day !!!!!!

11-07-2008 04:46 PM
UT Ceng Owl Offline
Orange Eyed Owl

I Root For: Rice
I'm pretty sure that affirmative action is still in place.... especially with the result of Amendment 46 back in my home state of CO. Almost makes me wish I had voted.... almost.
11-07-2008 04:50 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
UT Ceng Owl Wrote:I'm pretty sure that affirmative action is still in place.... especially with the result of Amendment 46 back in my home state of CO. Almost makes me wish I had voted.... almost.

Heard about Colorado earlier today. Wouldn't a reasoning person voting for Obama, (yea, I know, that makes no sense) go into the voting booth and vote for Obama and an end to AA? Wouldn't you have to have a few (all) mis-firing brain cells to vote for a black man AND a continuation of Affirmative Action?
11-07-2008 08:26 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

Tripster Wrote:.

YOU MEAN "Affirmative Action Was Ended" ????? !!!!!!!

Wow ...... I guess they didn't report that in the Media.

Oh I know why the Media missed it ..... Paris Hilton was Breathing that day !!!!!!

Hey Trip, Welcome to the Spin Room. I miss your posts from Share or Die and I hope you maintain your piss and vinegar here.
11-07-2008 09:47 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
uhmump95 Wrote:

Great post and spot on...
11-07-2008 10:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Why thank you "smn1256" .... it is good to see you too and I am trying to live up to my reputation and am not being shy.

You all best watch this guy "smn1256", he works for the CIA, the KGB, and MI 4, 5, 6 ,7 ,8 and I hear he has ties to Yassir Arafat.

Hold on a minute ..... errr ..... you can scratch Yassir off the list ..... sorry ..... :joecool: :dirtyvegas:

We are gonna have fun here my Friend !!!!!!

11-08-2008 12:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.