Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Week 9 Picks, Previews & Early Player Awards
Bookmark and Share
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
MAC Week 9 Picks, Previews & Early Player Awards
The week nine preview is posted at MAC Report Online.

It's a light schedule Saturday with just four games so we thought that we would use the half-way point of the conference sesaon to recognize some of the top players so far this season so we listed two early favorites for player of the year honors on offense, defense and special teams plus list others to watch.

Also
-- Updated MAC/ESPN TV Schedule for November
-- Previews and picks for each game on Saturday
-- Vote in our poll on whether Ball State will qualify for a BCS Bowl.

http://www.macreportonline.com

Thanks for stopping by!
10-23-2008 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: MAC Week 9 Picks, Previews & Early Player Awards
Hey Dave, is that ESPN2 telecast for CMU at NIU on Nov. 12th confirmed? I know they had to pick between our game and Temple at Kent State but this is the first time i'm hearing or reading that.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 02:42 PM by epasnoopy.)
10-23-2008 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
epasnoopy Wrote:Hey Dave, is that ESPN2 telecast for CMU at NIU on Nov. 12th confirmed? I know they had to pick between our game and Temple at Kent State but this is the first time i'm hearing or reading that.

Sounds like a no brainer to me.
10-23-2008 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UB Worse Than Us Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls
Problem with your guys National TV schedule:

Buffalo plays at Ohio on Sept 28th...on ESPU
On Election night - Miami plays at Buffalo on ESPN2

MAC National TV Update
Recently the MAC announced its lineup of nationally televised ESPN games for the month of November.

The month kicks off with an election night telecast, bringing relief to those who may be experiencing election-year fatigue, as the November 4 Buffalo at Ohio contest will be broadcast on ESPN2. (That's the good news. The bad news? It will be one of those incredibly annoying "Interactive Tuesday" telecasts featuring scrolling messages at the top of the screen, endless "instant polls" and inane comments from fans. In other words, the game will likely be mere background noise as ESPN pushes its BCS programming.)

The next night, November 5, will feature two MAC games being nationally televised when undefeated Ball State hosts Northern Illinois at 8:00 pm on ESPN2 while Toledo at Akron will be an 8:00 pm broadcast on ESPNU that night as well.

Also worth noting is that Western Michigan's November 8 game against Illinois at Ford Field will be picked up by ESPN Plus. That game is slated for a noon kickoff.

The rest of the November slate of ESPN MAC telecasts currently shapes as follows:

Wednesday November 12: Central Michigan at Northern Illinois, 7:00 pm (ESPN2)
Thursday, November 13: Buffalo at Akron, 7:00 pm (ESPNU)
Wednesday, November 19: Ball State at Central Michigan, 7:00 pm (ESPN2)
Tuesday, November 25: Navy at Northern Illinois, 7:00 pm (ESPN2)
Friday, November 28: Ohio at Miami, 12:30 pm (ESPNU)
Friday, November 28: Bowling Green at Toledo, 3:30 pm (ESPN Classic)
10-23-2008 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Thanks for the heads-up.
10-23-2008 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.