Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HOW is Fedora Being Out Coached?
Bookmark and Share
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

I Root For: Southern Miss
HOW is Fedora Being Out Coached?
http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...mcume.html

Here are the season to date stats. Offensively we are averaging just over 28pts per game, defensively we give up 30. The defense Fedora & his staff inherited was HORRIBLE last year. We could not stop anyone last year & it's going to take time to rebuild it.

Here is another FACT our kicker (who was recruited by Bower) SUCKS 8-15 in FG tries. We make a few FGs & We WIN a few of these games we have lost.

Penalties? We are averaging 2 more penalties more per game than our opponents. Are they crappy & come at bad times? Yes, but WHEN have the officials EVER given us a break when it comes to the yellow flags?
10-19-2008 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chef Owl Offline
Stay hungry my friends!

I Root For: The Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
RE: HOW is Fedora Being Out Coached?
I think some people over at So. Miss need to calm down. When Rice had its third coach in three years, I was still really optimistic about last year. Unfortunately we had a 3-9 season. What I learned is that it normally takes time for a team to adjust to a new coaching staff. Will Fedora bring So. Miss to prominence again? I don't know. Only time will tell that. However, I do think that So. Miss fans need to give him a break on his first season there.
10-19-2008 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eagleriffic Offline

Thanks & well said! Our fans need to chill out.
10-19-2008 03:34 PM
Advertisement

terryW Offline
Special Teams

Well, playing devil's advocate for a second......

if you compare the five common opponents played this year with last and substitute Tennessee and Tenn-Martin for Auburn and ULaLa you see the following

TY

Record 2-5
Off scoring 202
Aver. Off 28.9
Def Scoring 215
Aver. Def 30.7

LY
Record 4-3
Off Scoring 204
Aver. Off 29.1
Def Scoring 185
Aver. Def 26.4

Biggest difference I see is the two win difference. We beat UTEP and Marshall while losing to them this year. We scored more points last year by 2 and gave up fewer by 30.

Also, taking the same seven games, the FG's are close to the same actually....

This year we are 8 out of 15
Last year was a little better with 10 at of 14

I know, I'm just doing the numbers thing but I'm an accountant/bookkeeper and numbers are what I do.

Plus, maybe we can get more people over here to post about USM stuff.
10-19-2008 08:09 PM
eagleriffic Offline

Great post & thanks for crunching the numbers!

What jumps out at me is the defensive points per game. That 4ppg average is HUGE! Marshall, UTEP & Rice we lost by 7, 3 & 5 points respectively. Last year we beat Marshall by 9 & lost to Rice by 2. We were equally matched against them last year.

UP next are 3 very winnable games Memphis (we lost by 3 last year), UAB (won by 30 last year) & UCF (lost by 17 last year).
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2008 11:32 AM by eagleriffic.)
10-20-2008 11:29 AM
HellBlazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB!
Gonna come and getcha..........LOL
10-31-2008 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.