Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gregg Brandon...lacks class
Bookmark and Share
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Gregg Brandon...lacks class
But form your own opinion. Maybe some BG fans can give a different viewpoint. Here is what happened before the game. BG's team enters the field from the North endzone, coming out of their nice new lockers. The visitors (Miami) enter the field from the South endzone, still using the old lockers under the stadium. BG came out first, ran through their band, and then headed downfield into the South endzone, crossed the goalline, and stood in the endzone as Miami was coming out single file, jogging toward the goalpost where the cheerleaders were waiting with the Flag to lead the team onfield. As Miami players were jogging past the BG team, the Falcons were yelling and taunting (according to those who were sitting down in that corner) the Miami players. The Refs woke up to what was happening and a couple of them came sprinting from midfield and tried pushing the BG players back. The Miami players just ignore them,jogged on past one by one as the BG players were yelling at them. When all the players came by, the BG players turned and ran back to the bench, with a few of the players stepping on the big Miami flag which the cheerleaders were holding, waiting for the BG players to get out of the way so that Miami could take the field. I don't really know what Brandon was trying to accomplish, but I do know that Miami was more focussed early in this game and played with more inspiration than they have early in a game all year. There are certainly some teams that would have reacted to BG and started a fight right there in the endzone, but Miami players just ignored BG. To me, that was a pretty classless move by Brandon, and it made the victory over BG much sweeter for us. BG fans, am I missing something? Do you do that every game?
10-18-2008 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bg816 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Gregg Brandon...lacks class
Sounds about right. He lacks coaching ability, too.
10-18-2008 07:17 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I think there were some issues like that in a previous game as well. Against Minnesota maybe?
10-18-2008 07:23 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
BGSU won at Pitt, at Wyoming and at Akron. One would think this is a good football team, but think again. BGSU looked every bit as bad as Ohio or Kent State with those personal foul penalties. BGSU now faces an up hill battle to reach a bowl and win the MAC East. BGSU had the advantage coming into today in the east, but this loss to Miami was a disaster for BGSU.
10-18-2008 07:31 PM
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd
It's some sort of "lock the gate" thing they do before the game.

This is the first I've heard of the taunting. It's sickening, really, but it's about what I've come to expect from a GB led team. This should not be the actions of BG players and it's certainly not the program I remember (late 80's and early 90's.)
10-18-2008 07:36 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Rightupinthere Wrote:It's some sort of "lock the gate" thing they do before the game.

It helps emphasize whose house it is and solidifies the home field advantage. I think UT may try it next. 03-wink
10-18-2008 07:45 PM
Advertisement

sylvaniarocketfan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
Rightupinthere Wrote:It's some sort of "lock the gate" thing they do before the game.

It helps emphasize whose house it is and solidifies the home field advantage. I think UT may try it next. 03-wink

we should do it before our coaches come in.
10-18-2008 07:57 PM
factman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I think you are on to something.........maybe we could all go to Brandon's house and "lock him in" next week so he can't come to the game!!!
10-19-2008 07:52 AM
Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BOWLING GREEN
I really don't like the whole "lock the gate" deal. Why inspire the other team? MU wasn't intimidated and has now beaten BG 9 of the last 10 games. I have come to the conclusion we will never beat Miami again...no matter how good or bad they may be. They own us. Period.

We are throwing this season away so far...
10-19-2008 08:13 AM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
At least he isn't blaming his players for the loss like he has in the past.
10-19-2008 10:34 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
We've done the lock the gate thing in the past, but it was only a couple of players each game which made it virtually unnoticeable to the fans. It's kind of corny anyway.

And BG's lockerrooms are under the stands still as well. I am sure they are nicer than the visiting locker room, but who's stadium isn't? The new building (The Sebo Center) is for offices, meeting rooms and weight and training rooms.
10-19-2008 11:39 AM
Advertisement

El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
I think saying GB lacks class is a bit much...an not really accurate. I think he's shown poor judgement by allowing this "lock the gate" thing to continue and I think he was wrong in allowing the "Credit Card Kids" Hodges, Geter and Lorenzi to stay in the program.

I think the lack of discipline off the field is certainly apparent on the field....
10-19-2008 12:25 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Brandon is not a good HC. He is a fine OC.

I think many of your assessments are spot on. I'd like to see the AD make a move at the end of this season...

KOETTER!!!
10-20-2008 09:13 AM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
Say it ain't so, Torch. We finally agree about Koetter!

End of season, Brandon goes to Wyoming. Koetter, the man who built Boise State (before fizzling at ASU), comes to BG to rebuild the Falcons into a non-BCS power.
10-21-2008 10:38 AM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Today I read a quote from Coach Brandon in which he said they were going to discontinue the "Lock the gate" and he was just glad that no major incident was precipitated before the game. That and the comments describing the "Lock the Gate" put the incident in a different light. It wasn't handled well Saturday and luckily a major brawl did not break out. He recognizes that and is discontinueing the "tradition", so I would say that acknowledging it was a mistake and discontinueing that activity and moving on shows that Coach Brandon does have some class.
10-21-2008 11:42 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
MacLord Wrote:Say it ain't so, Torch. We finally agree about Koetter!

End of season, Brandon goes to Wyoming. Koetter, the man who built Boise State (before fizzling at ASU), comes to BG to rebuild the Falcons into a non-BCS power.

I'm not sure Brandon will be that desirable by Wyoming. And w/ Koetter's connections in the west, I'd think he'd be more attractive to Wyo than Brandon. :-(
10-21-2008 12:17 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
It appears that the "Lock The Gate" "tradition" is indeed no more:

http://macreportonline.com/index.php/200...ublic.html
10-21-2008 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BOWLING GREEN
HuronDave Wrote:It appears that the "Lock The Gate" "tradition" is indeed no more:

http://macreportonline.com/index.php/200...ublic.html

Thank God. 02-13-banana
10-21-2008 10:29 PM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I would hope the AD, if not the BG president, were part of the "team" that talked about it and decided to abandon the classless practice. Regardless, we can all be thankful it will not happen again.
10-21-2008 11:15 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
I read the little blurb on Corey Partridge, he was our HS QB and led Loveland High School to our glory days (5-5). Nice to see him carrying the same traits he did in high school. He did it all for us, kick returns, punt returns, QB keeper, could throw pretty well. Just wondering BG fans, what do you think of him? He reminds a lot of QB Julian Edelman for KSU.
10-22-2008 04:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.