Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo's Moore: From the Big House...to the Big House
Bookmark and Share
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Toledo's Moore: From the Big House...to the Big House
Toledo WR Nick Moore sets record, beats UM --- spends night in jail -- along with teammate Albertson Alexandre.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?sectio...id=6447453
10-13-2008 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Toledo's MooFrom the Big House...to the Big House
HuronDave Wrote:Toledo WR Nick Moore sets record, beats UM --- spends night in jail -- along with teammate Albertson Alexandre.

Nick beats up the entire Michigan secondary all day and STILL it isn't enough.
10-13-2008 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Toledo's Moore: From the Big House...to the Big House
While we're on the subject............CMU Frat House Fight.

http://media.www.cm-life.com/media/stora...3209.shtml

This kind of reminds me of the UT Frat House incident right before the start of the 2004 season. This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time all over college sports. 20 years ago we never heard about it because technology was not as far advanced and things weren't really getting out to the media. Now though they do, and we hear about this stuff a lot and say "collegiate athletes have really changed in recent years." In reality, its the accessibility that the media has now compared to before that has changed. The players themselves have always had incidents like this.

Not saying any of it is right, just stating facts. Personally, I don't like any of it happening, especially from UT players like the original post is about.
10-13-2008 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

Someone needs to make a DVD of the PacMan Jones School of Stupidity and scare these players straight!
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2008 10:52 PM by Okie Chippewa.)
10-13-2008 10:52 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
HuronDave Wrote:Toledo WR Nick Moore sets record, beats UM --- spends night in jail -- along with teammate Albertson Alexandre.

Way to pick the low-hanging fruit, Dave.
10-13-2008 10:53 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Nice job, get yourselves suspended for key MAC games. That it teamwork. I guess if you can't have a winning season, get to bowl or win a championship.....you celebrate beating another 2-4 football team and get arrested.
10-13-2008 11:58 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Nice job, get yourselves suspended for key MAC games. That it teamwork. I guess if you can't have a winning season, get to bowl or win a championship.....you celebrate beating another 2-4 football team and get arrested.

Seems like we've been through the litany of OU arrests in the past so I'll let it ride. I know that big win over VMI has got you all atwitter but we still think our little game against UM is pretty special. Don't be bitter, John-OU football stinks up the joint and your players aren't angels.
10-14-2008 05:24 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Photodan Wrote:

Way to pick the low-hanging fruit, Dave.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

I have been on more radio stations over the past two days praising Toledo and talking up the MAC -- and frankly nobody does more to sing the praises of the MAC than I do week in and week out -- but this is a story too --- not a big deal, but a story nonetheless.

As an aside, I also agree that this stuff has been going on in equal numbers in the past but in this day of fast-moving news and swift coverage, kids have to be even smarter.
10-14-2008 07:50 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
none of us rocket fans are happy about it but this wasn't a heinous crime. a couple older (22 yr old) players were out at a big bar near campus drinking after the big win. at closing time a brawl involving other folks started and moore, being drunk and a black belt in karate, got involved. the cops came and alexandre, being drunk, bugged them to let moore go saying it wasn't his fault and he's a football player. the cops got irritated and arrested alexandre and moore. end of story, no more
10-14-2008 08:34 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
pono Wrote:none of us rocket fans are happy about it but this wasn't a heinous crime. a couple older (22 yr old) players were out at a big bar near campus drinking after the big win. at closing time a brawl involving other folks started and moore, being drunk and a black belt in karate, got involved. the cops came and alexandre, being drunk, bugged them to let moore go saying it wasn't his fault and he's a football player. the cops got irritated and arrested alexandre and moore. end of story, no more

Can't the cops think? I do NOT pick on cops.....but can't you restore order and send the guys home? Its a few beers..... college guys .... give me a break. For the young guys "Back in the day" (sorry) the cops would pull us over take the beer..... & call the old man... or come on the scene break it up and send people home....especially in the college towns w/ football players involved and then call the coach tell him what happened and there would be HELL to pay for a week. I am not excusing Moore & his buddy,,, but hell they just beat MICHIGAN give them a break.
10-14-2008 08:52 AM
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
NIU05 Wrote:
pono Wrote:none of us rocket fans are happy about it but this wasn't a heinous crime. a couple older (22 yr old) players were out at a big bar near campus drinking after the big win. at closing time a brawl involving other folks started and moore, being drunk and a black belt in karate, got involved. the cops came and alexandre, being drunk, bugged them to let moore go saying it wasn't his fault and he's a football player. the cops got irritated and arrested alexandre and moore. end of story, no more

Can't the cops think? I do NOT pick on cops.....but can't you restore order and send the guys home? Its a few beers..... college guys .... give me a break. For the young guys "Back in the day" (sorry) the cops would pull us over take the beer..... & call the old man... or come on the scene break it up and send people home....especially in the college towns w/ football players involved and then call the coach tell him what happened and there would be HELL to pay for a week. I am not excusing Moore & his buddy,,, but hell they just beat MICHIGAN give them a break.

Moore deserves a 2 game suspension! 02-13-banana
10-14-2008 11:28 AM
warhawks22 Offline
2nd String

rocketfootball Wrote:While we're on the subject............CMU Frat House Fight.

http://media.www.cm-life.com/media/stora...3209.shtml

This kind of reminds me of the UT Frat House incident right before the start of the 2004 season. This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time all over college sports. 20 years ago we never heard about it because technology was not as far advanced and things weren't really getting out to the media. Now though they do, and we hear about this stuff a lot and say "collegiate athletes have really changed in recent years." In reality, its the accessibility that the media has now compared to before that has changed. The players themselves have always had incidents like this.

Not saying any of it is right, just stating facts. Personally, I don't like any of it happening, especially from UT players like the original post is about.

http://media.www.cm-life.com/media/stora...4596.shtml

Updated article on the CMU Frat House fight. No one arrested. May be overblown. Looks like it may have been just some drunks at 2 or 3 in the morning. Hopefully no one from the football team was involved.
10-14-2008 12:48 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Statement just received from UT:

Quote:TOLEDO - Two University of Toledo football players who were arrested for their involvement in an off-campus incident early Sunday morning will face internal discipline while they await their court hearing, head coach Tom Amstutz announced today.
Senior wide receiver Nick Moore (Westerville, OH) and sophomore defensive lineman Albertson Alexandre (Miami, FL) will be held out of the starting lineup for this Saturday’s game at Northern Illinois.
“As head coach, it is my judgment that Nick and Albertson violated team rules, and as a result will face team penalties,” said Amstutz. “Both players will be held out of the starting lineup this Saturday against Northern Illinois. In addition, they both will face internal team discipline.”
Amstutz said neither he nor any of the players will have any further comment on the matter.
10-14-2008 02:31 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
HuronDave Wrote:Statement just received from UT:

Quote:TOLEDO - Two University of Toledo football players who were arrested for their involvement in an off-campus incident early Sunday morning will face internal discipline while they await their court hearing, head coach Tom Amstutz announced today.

Senior wide receiver Nick Moore (Westerville, OH) and sophomore defensive lineman Albertson Alexandre (Miami, FL) will be held out of the starting lineup for this Saturday’s game at Northern Illinois.

“As head coach, it is my judgment that Nick and Albertson violated team rules, and as a result will face team penalties,” said Amstutz. “Both players will be held out of the starting lineup this Saturday against Northern Illinois. In addition, they both will face internal team discipline.”

Amstutz said neither he nor any of the players will have any further comment on the matter.

Does being held out of the starting lineup mean they just won't start but come 2nd quarter they'll play the rest of the game or are they not playing in the game at all?

If he meant to say they wouldn't play at all then he would give them both a one game suspension and that doesn't sound like what he was saying.
10-14-2008 03:16 PM
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

epasnoopy Wrote:

Does being held out of the starting lineup mean they just won't start but come 2nd quarter they'll play the rest of the game or are they not playing in the game at all?

If he meant to say they wouldn't play at all then he would give them both a one game suspension and that doesn't sound like what he was saying.
They miss the first series and are required to bring the coach doughnuts everyday for the next month. 04-cheers
10-14-2008 03:21 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Arrohead Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:

They miss the first series and are required to bring the coach doughnuts everyday for the next month. 04-cheers

Pretty much what it sounds like. Doesn't sound like much of a punishment at all.
10-14-2008 03:27 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
Quote:Amstutz said neither he nor any of the players will have any further comment on the matter.

And that's all we're going to get about the matter.
10-14-2008 03:55 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Looks like they will indeed play. Sounds like they'll just miss the first offensive series then play the rest of the game.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../810140253
10-14-2008 04:22 PM
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

epasnoopy Wrote:Looks like they will indeed play. Sounds like they'll just miss the first offensive series then play the rest of the game.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../810140253
Hey, they just beat Michigan. Nobody in Toledo will really care if they don't get punished.
10-14-2008 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.