Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The "Letter"
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The "Letter"
So let's get this straight... the Great Prophet Obama saw this problem in 2005 and wrote a letter to the Treasury Secretary.

Obama knew there was a problem in 2005 and he wrote a letter to Treasury Secretary?!?

No speech on the Senate floor offering solutions. No legislation sponsored to stop the total meltdown, just a letter to the Treasury Secretary.

So this is what we can expect with him as POTUS? Will he write letters to the Treasury Secretary then? 01-wingedeagle

For a leader he doesn't show leadership.
10-09-2008 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
RE: The "Letter"
sniff...... sniff...............

I love the smell of desperation..................
10-09-2008 07:31 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Machiavelli Wrote:sniff...... sniff...............

I love the smell of desperation..................

If you call trying to stop an Economic Depression Desperation. I talked to a Economist friend of mine who said one of the worst things you can do in a recession is RAISE taxes. Which candidate wants to RAISE taxes???

[Image: mFPQuK.jpg]

That one....

What do "bitter" Americans think....
[Image: archie_bunker.jpg]
10-09-2008 07:38 PM
Machiavelli Offline

let's see 14 of the last 16 years the house under R control. The presidency the last 8 years. We are damn near in a depression now. Time for CHANGE.
10-09-2008 08:05 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Machiavelli Wrote:let's see 14 of the last 16 years the house under R control. The presidency the last 8 years. We are damn near in a depression now. Time for CHANGE.

Yeah, time for the Dems to be sent home packing and the Repubs to start growing a f'n backbone and stop giving in the the damn Dems.

This problem today didn't start 14 years ago. It was brought about in the last two years by policies that WERE caused by Dems.
10-09-2008 08:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:No speech on the Senate floor offering solutions.
Hi solution to everything is to raise taxes. Maybe we should be glad he kept his mouth shut.
10-09-2008 08:18 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

REB,

These problems have been brewing for a hell of alot longer than two years. We have lost our way as a country. Both sides. It just amazes me you can't see that through your red tinted goggles. We WILL turn this economy around when the Big Three start mass producing electric cars. Democrats have the ideas. Republicans have DRILL DRILL DRILL. Oil is the energy of the past not our future. Repubs are stuck in the past. The only damn thing they offer is tax cuts. Hell if tax cuts were the pancea you Repubs think they are we wouldn't be in this mess. That's something we have had plenty of these last 8 years. Your hatred of Democrats blinds you.
10-09-2008 09:47 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Machiavelli Wrote:REB,

These problems have been brewing for a hell of alot longer than two years. We have lost our way as a country. Both sides. It just amazes me you can't see that through your red tinted goggles. We WILL turn this economy around when the Big Three start mass producing electric cars. Democrats have the ideas. Republicans have DRILL DRILL DRILL. Oil is the energy of the past not our future. Repubs are stuck in the past. The only damn thing they offer is tax cuts. Hell if tax cuts were the pancea you Repubs think they are we wouldn't be in this mess. That's something we have had plenty of these last 8 years. Your hatred of Democrats blinds you.

I find it hard to disagree with most of this.+1.. What you touch on and yet fail to acknowledge is that your solutions have nothing to do with the government that both parties worship. It has everything with the free market responding to signals from consumers. If both sides would just get the HELL out of the way of the market and STAY THE HELL OUT..We would NOT be in the damn mess we are NOW!! Both sides are to blame for this crap by the constant meddling with both the money supply and the free market.
10-09-2008 10:02 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Machiavelli Wrote:Democrats have the ideas. Republicans have DRILL DRILL DRILL. Oil is the energy of the past not our future. Repubs are stuck in the past.

Nuclear power is the energy of the future and the democrats killed it two decades ago, back when they were scaring the crap out of us with their message of global cooling.
10-09-2008 10:05 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

First off, I'm NOT a Republican. I'm a former Libertarian and current Independent. Secondly, I'm a STAUNCH Capitalist. The PROBLEM we're having is due to government intervention and Republican ineptitude. When Republicans were in charge, they did NOTHING. That is NOT the same as Democrat intervention. This problem was teetering. This housing BS was on the brink. Has been for quite some time. THAT was brought about by Democrat policies and Republican ineptness. THEN we had our gas prices rise almost 4-fold. THAT was ALSO caused by Dems because they won't let us drill, won't let us build new nuclear plants, won't let us build new refineries, and don't want us to explore and extract more coal. WTF are we supposed to run our country on, promises? We are in this position we're in today due to our dependency on foreign oil and our restricted ability to find our own sources of energy.
10-09-2008 10:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

Nuclear is a part of the solution. No doubt about it.
10-09-2008 10:36 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Machiavelli Wrote:Nuclear is a part of the solution. No doubt about it.

And the DNC candidate opposes it.

8 years w/ the great sage Gore as VP and what did the country get? NOTHING. Except rolling blackouts in CA and a massive power outage in 2001.

8 years of a >$15B budget to the DOE and what do we have. NOTHING.

Oh, we did see a reduction in R&D spending under Clinton. So thanks for that. I guess that was his tip of the hat to the free market.

Look at the states in the most trouble

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/1...Themselves

Then compare w/ the highest tax burdens
http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/336.html
NJ=#1, NY=#2, MD=#4, CA= #6, RI=#10,

I know, I know: FL, NV, AL and AZ have low tax burdens...but their budgets were built disproportionally on home sales.

Fact is, you raise taxes, you kill your tax revenues.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2008 10:59 PM by DrTorch.)
10-09-2008 10:59 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Growth vs We feel your pain. Republicans try to grow the country out of debt, while Democrats spend the country into debt. That is the real difference. The problem is the Republicans become a lot like Democrats after Newt left as speaker. I think the worse thing for this country was Newt getting ousted from being speaker. The republicans lost their conservative ways on spending. And that let the democrats get back into power as democrats are far better at being democrats.
10-10-2008 12:42 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Rebel Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:let's see 14 of the last 16 years the house under R control. The presidency the last 8 years. We are damn near in a depression now. Time for CHANGE.

Yeah, time for the Dems to be sent home packing and the Repubs to start growing a f'n backbone and stop giving in the the damn Dems.

This problem today didn't start 14 years ago. It was brought about in the last two years by policies that WERE caused by Dems.
03-lmfao
10-10-2008 01:21 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Fo Shizzle Wrote:

I find it hard to disagree with most of this.+1.. What you touch on and yet fail to acknowledge is that your solutions have nothing to do with the government that both parties worship. It has everything with the free market responding to signals from consumers. If both sides would just get the HELL out of the way of the market and STAY THE HELL OUT..We would NOT be in the damn mess we are NOW!! Both sides are to blame for this crap by the constant meddling with both the money supply and the free market.
That is what got us in this mess-no regulations. There have to be some or things will get way out of hand. Having saod that, the regulations should beeffective but limited.
10-10-2008 01:30 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

smn1256 Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:Democrats have the ideas. Republicans have DRILL DRILL DRILL. Oil is the energy of the past not our future. Repubs are stuck in the past.

Nuclear power is the energy of the future and the democrats killed it two decades ago, back when they were scaring the crap out of us with their message of global cooling.
Good. We can store the waste in your house then?
10-10-2008 01:32 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

DrTorch Wrote:

And the DNC candidate opposes it.

8 years w/ the great sage Gore as VP and what did the country get? NOTHING. Except rolling blackouts in CA and a massive power outage in 2001.

8 years of a >$15B budget to the DOE and what do we have. NOTHING.

Oh, we did see a reduction in R&D spending under Clinton. So thanks for that. I guess that was his tip of the hat to the free market.

Look at the states in the most trouble

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/1...Themselves

Then compare w/ the highest tax burdens
http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/336.html
NJ=#1, NY=#2, MD=#4, CA= #6, RI=#10,

I know, I know: FL, NV, AL and AZ have low tax burdens...but their budgets were built disproportionally on home sales.

Fact is, you raise taxes, you kill your tax revenues.
I love all this revisionist history. 01-wingedeagle
10-10-2008 01:36 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
desperation
10-10-2008 02:26 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Machiavelli Wrote:We WILL turn this economy around when the Big Three start mass producing electric cars.

From where do you plan to get the electricity to run them?

Democrats have ideas, true. They just don't think them through to their logical conclusions. Republicans would rather pretend the problems don't exist.

So we end up debating how much money to spend on poorly thought-out solutions. No matter how much we spend, it's not enough, because you can't make a bad idea work by spending more on it.
10-10-2008 05:34 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:We WILL turn this economy around when the Big Three start mass producing electric cars.

From where do you plan to get the electricity to run them?

Democrats have ideas, true. They just don't think them through to their logical conclusions. Republicans would rather pretend the problems don't exist.

So we end up debating how much money to spend on poorly thought-out solutions. No matter how much we spend, it's not enough, because you can't make a bad idea work by spending more on it.

Coal, wind, solar
10-10-2008 06:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.