Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biden Out, Hillary In
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA
Biden Out, Hillary In
The Obama campaign has been rumored to be laying the ground work for Biden's exit and Hillary's entrance to give the Obama campaign some energy against the McCain/Palin Steam Roller. The media has all but ignored this issue.

Recent events prove that Biden is on the way off the ticket:

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/...-terrible/

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/...idens.html
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 10:11 AM by West Is the Best.)
09-23-2008 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Biden Out, Hillary In
Not gonna happen.
09-23-2008 10:51 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Joe does his own thing. It's a get ying/yang to Obama's cautiousness. Joe's all heart, Obama is all head.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 11:21 AM by firmbizzle.)
09-23-2008 11:20 AM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
WGAS !

HRC would REALLY jazz the GOP base and other sane people. She shoulda been their nominee, but the "ROCK STAR" hood dude got the nod.

As I said... WGAS ! 03-phew
09-23-2008 11:29 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Don't watch much news, but saw this morning that Biden caught a bunch of flack for criticizing the ads critical of McCain. This could very well be part of the excuse for dumping Joe.

From what I've seen, it would be a difference maker. Clinton supporters would believe they are being heard (and in a manner of speaking they would be) and come swarming back to that party.

That being said, my family will have to start looking for homes in New Zealand rather than Maryland.
09-23-2008 11:46 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
tigertom Wrote:WGAS !

HRC would REALLY jazz the GOP base and other sane people. She shoulda been their nominee, but the "ROCK STAR" hood dude got the nod.

It's called he got more votes. That's how democracy works.
09-23-2008 11:55 AM
Advertisement

jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
One problem is that I believe it's too late to change the ballots in many states (this came up when Barr asked Paul to be his VP). Of course, they might be willing to make an exception for one the favored parties, but if they can't change the ballots I think this would be extremely unlikely.
09-23-2008 12:00 PM
DrTorch Offline

firmbizzle Wrote:

Yeah, but the political left has never liked that.
09-23-2008 12:00 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
DrTorch Wrote:
firmbizzle Wrote:

Yeah, but the political left has never liked that.

They've been happy with democracy, it is the whole republic thing that they don't seem to care for.

And back on topic; this has as much validity as the rumors that McCain was going to drop Palin.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 12:11 PM by Fanatical.)
09-23-2008 12:10 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
niuhuskie84 Wrote:Not gonna happen.
I agree. There's no way Obama would ever admit he made this big of a mistake on something so important.
09-23-2008 12:26 PM
Caboose Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: hobos
i don't know - the more Biden opens his mouth, the dumber he continues to look.

Quote:"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

is a man who doesn't know when the stock market crashed, who was president at the time when it did, or fundamental technological history like roughly when the TV was invented really qualified to be one heartbeat away from the president?

this after he tried to heal a paraplegic by ordering him to rise. too bad he forgot to bring the new messiah with him to that one.

he needs to have another aneurysm for the good of his party.
09-23-2008 12:47 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Biden will just make it look like he is stepping aside for the good of the party and say it was his idea. If Clinton comes on board, the republicans should just pack it up.
09-23-2008 01:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline

Caboose Wrote:i don't know - the more Biden opens his mouth, the dumber he continues to look.

Quote:"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

is a man who doesn't know when the stock market crashed, who was president at the time when it did, or fundamental technological history like roughly when the TV was invented really qualified to be one heartbeat away from the president?

this after he tried to heal a paraplegic by ordering him to rise. too bad he forgot to bring the new messiah with him to that one.

HOLD IT!

I was told on this thread
http://www.ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?ti...d=3571912&
just how smart Biden is. Thinking otherwise is NOT allowed!
Apparently a BA from UDel and cheating your way thru law school makes you smart.

Quote:he needs to have another aneurysm for the good of his party.

First "Wag the Dog" now "Dave". Is Hollywood really controlling the country.
Still, if Biden got "ill" that would even throw in the sympathy vote for the Dems.

Obama+HRC is a pretty strong ticket (for 4 years ;-) )

I believe that everyone would want a leader to replace someone who is not performing...and a leader who responds to the want of his supporters. Obama would look good for making such a move.

HOWEVER, I do think it shows that Obama is an extremely poor strategist, and a poor judge of talent/ability. His inexperience is glaring, and it should (but likely won't) frighten people.

When would he do it? Sooner rather than later makes the most sense to me. Doing it in Oct seems desperate.
After the VP debate is the most insulting time. That means that the public won't get to see the real VP candidate in a debate, and make an informed decision. If this happens, it will show the clear spite the Dems have for the public; but the public is too dumbed down to recognize it.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 01:42 PM by DrTorch.)
09-23-2008 01:30 PM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
ETSUfan1 Wrote:Biden will just make it look like he is stepping aside for the good of the party and say it was his idea. If Clinton comes on board, the republicans should just pack it up.

I think it would be the opposite effect. I think the pubbies would clean up, due to the indecision and confusion apparent in the party and in B. H. Obama and his handlers. You think about how they said McCain was pandering to women with his Palin pick, it would be worse for the dems, although the MSM would not report it as such.
09-23-2008 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
ETSUfan1 Wrote:Biden will just make it look like he is stepping aside for the good of the party and say it was his idea. If Clinton comes on board, the republicans should just pack it up.

How could Obama explain

It was a bad choice.

Should have chosen Hillary all along.
09-23-2008 07:02 PM
RockyMtnRamfan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Colorado State
It's the economy stupid!

Obama just needs to remind who was in control of the White House from 2000-2009 and in Congress from 1994-2007.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter, they did vote in Bush twice.
09-23-2008 07:45 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I'm an unapologetic democrat but even I realize this is a major mistake. I think Biden has become well-versed in terms of foreign policy and some domestic issues just by his sheer tenure in Congress but he's clearly prone to Ford-like gaffes.

It's just sad how collectively unintelligent Obama-Biden-McCain-Palin are. Obama is book intelligent and clearly strikes me far and away as the smartest one of the four but his common sense intelligence is sometimes lacking. The other three went to inferior schools or just didn't try all that hard and take advantage of the education opportunities they had (McCain at Navy, no graduate school).

I'm just disappointed America can't offer better choices. Our candidates don't all have to be Ivy League or private school educated but it would be nice if the majority of them look like they actually exerted themselves in their educational efforts.

Caboose Wrote:i don't know - the more Biden opens his mouth, the dumber he continues to look.

he needs to have another aneurysm for the good of his party.
09-23-2008 07:47 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
One thing for sure is the vice presidential candidate debates will be more entertaining.

I wonder if SNL will do a skit on him???
09-23-2008 08:31 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Well..You suppose she might be interested?03-lmfao
09-23-2008 08:33 PM
Caboose Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: hobos
RockyMtnRamfan Wrote:Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter, they did vote in Bush twice.

If people in Florida weren't too stupid to fill out their ballots correctly, he wouldn't have been voted in at all.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 08:47 PM by Caboose.)
09-23-2008 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.