Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim Rogers is back. And he's really ripping the Fed now.
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Jim Rogers is back. And he's really ripping the Fed now.
09-10-2008 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

perunapower Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
RE: Jim Rogers is back. And he's really ripping the Fed now.
Wow, he loses all credibility when he calls the US more communist than China. I guess we can ignore the fact that we have the Bill of Rights in the US and China doesn't have anything close to that.
09-10-2008 09:21 AM

09-10-2008 09:22 AM
Jugnaut Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
perunapower Wrote:Wow, he loses all credibility when he calls the US more communist than China. I guess we can ignore the fact that we have the Bill of Rights in the US and China doesn't have anything close to that.

I'm pretty sure he's sticking to economics only. In economics, we are more communist than china. We bailout companies that suck, they don't.
09-10-2008 11:07 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Jugnaut Wrote:
perunapower Wrote:Wow, he loses all credibility when he calls the US more communist than China. I guess we can ignore the fact that we have the Bill of Rights in the US and China doesn't have anything close to that.

I'm pretty sure he's sticking to economics only. In economics, we are more communist than china. We bailout companies that suck, they don't.

To some folks...If you dare to criticize US policy in any fashion...You are immediately seen as a kook with no credibility.
09-10-2008 11:27 AM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Wrote:

03-yes
09-10-2008 11:59 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I've made no secret of my thoughts about leaving the US sometime in the next year.

Jim and I have swapped emails about the disaster scenario that is prompting my thoughts of leaving, and he's pretty much in agreement with my analysis. His dollar collapse scenario is pretty much the same as mine. I'm moving away from dollar-denominated investments for that reason.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 09:44 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-10-2008 09:39 PM
Jugnaut Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:I've made no secret of my thoughts about leaving the US sometime in the next year.

Jim and I have swapped emails about the disaster scenario that is prompting my thoughts of leaving, and he's pretty much in agreement with my analysis. His dollar collapse scenario is pretty much the same as mine. I'm moving away from dollar-denominated investments for that reason.

Definitely buy foreign currency. I looked at countries with high freedom, strong economies, and similar climate. Canada has only a 3 year residency for citizenship. Germany has a 12 year requirement. Switzerland 8 years.

The national debt is my most important issue right now.
09-11-2008 07:02 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The national debt is a big issue, but the foreign trade deficit is a bigger number that nobody seems to be focusing on. We're borrowing overseas to cover both, and that's what scares me. I just don't see how the dollar--or the economy--can hold up under that kind of strain.
09-11-2008 07:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.