Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coup take out Kim Jong Il?
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Coup take out Kim Jong Il?
Remember back in the early 80's when all the Soviet leaders had the "flu"???

There may have been a coup.. because since the time of the "stroke" the NK's have been reactivating their nuclear reactor facility that they promised to close.

The "new guy" may be trying to force Washington and the the other nations to modify the deal so he can line his pockets with $$ and he can pay off those that put him in/keep him in power.

North Korea's leadership is basically "organized crime" since they are heavily involved in drug smuggling, counterfeiting (they make the "supernotes" ..fake US $100 bills..that are almost perfect copies) computer hacking, money laundering, nuclear proliferation, etc.

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il may be gravely ill, perhaps the victim of a stroke, U.S. and other Western officials said Tuesday after he failed to appear for a major national parade. If so, it could jeopardize the already troubled international effort to get his nation to abandon nuclear weapons.

Kim's absence from a military parade for the country's 60th anniversary lent credence to reports that the man North Koreans call the "Dear Leader" had been incapacitated during the past few weeks.

The 66-year-old Kim, who has been rumored to be in varying degrees of ill health for years, has not been seen since mid-August. Though he appears rarely in public and his voice is seldom broadcast, Kim has shown up for previous landmark celebrations.

"There is reason to believe Kim Jong Il has suffered a serious health setback, possibly a stroke," one Western intelligence official said. A senior U.S. official said fresh rumors had been circulating about Kim's health and his control over North Korea's highly centralized government.

A former CIA official with recent access to intelligence on North Korea said that even before Tuesday the agency was confident that reports of a health crisis were accurate.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080909/ap_o.../us_nkorea
09-09-2008 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
RE: Coup take out Kim Jong Il?
Maybe we can send in Team America to check it out....

[Image: team_america_kji.jpg]
09-09-2008 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I guess eating dogs and rats is not good if you're watching your cholesterol.
09-09-2008 11:13 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
smn1256 Wrote:I guess eating dogs and rats is not good if you're watching your cholesterol.

I know you know this, but if anyone is NK is eating dogs and rats, it ain't Kimmy.

Some jokes for the peanut gallery:

Kim Jong Ill

Kim is prepared to hand over power to his son, Menta Li Il.

What will happen to the pride of the Pyongyang zoo, the Kim Jong Eel?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 12:28 PM by Lord Stanley.)
09-10-2008 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.