Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Metallica's "Death Magnetic" arrives Friday
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Cool Metallica's "Death Magnetic" arrives Friday
I've heard reviews all over the place and it porbabbly because of Metallica's own fanbase.

AKA pre and post "Black Album" fans.

I'm most likely getting it Friday so....
09-07-2008 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

RE: Metallica's "Death Magnetic" arrives Friday
First impressions from tracks 1-6 so far...

This cd sounds like the cd that would have been between "...And Justice For All" and "The Black Album".... encompasses the attitude and speed of AJFA but the production sheen of TBA. Trujillo(sp?) really ads some funky bass to the music.... Newstead rocked, don't get me wrong....
09-12-2008 04:40 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
After hearing a bit of the first single today, I now know why Metallica fans are so excited about this record.
09-12-2008 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

dynovinyl Wrote:After hearing a bit of the first single today, I now know why Metallica fans are so excited about this record.

On Metallica.com you can listen to 2 full songs and portions of another.
09-13-2008 01:09 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I have put a lot of listening time into this cd now....

It kicks ass. FWIW, I have never really hated a Metallica cd. I must say that I got into them off the Black Album first. The someone let me borrow Master of Puppets and I liked that one a lot. I then proceeded to get their back catalog. I did all of that before Load and ReLoad came out. I liked both but would agree they weren't close to the Metallica from The Black Album and before. I loved me some Garage Inc! I kind of got into the vibe on S&M. St Anger was decent delayed follow up but that annoying drum sound they had throughout that cd kind of dampened me having a major enjoyment in it.

I won't do a track by track synopsis of this cd...as I find it harder to do with metal cd's.

This cd....

has the polish of sound like The Black Album.
The thrash in areas like ...And Justice For All
The tone of Master of Puppets.

Its not quite the speed metal they were known for on their earlier cds....but from a band going on 25+ years in the game....

Very good guitar work here.

I'd have to agree that the bass lines layed down by Truijilo (sp?) aren't very pronounced...the cd seems to have no bottom end when listening to it....and I have to agree w/ IGNs review that is seems like hte Drums got turned up on a lot of the songs.

I'd say this is their best and most "Metallica-like" cd since the Black Album as it sounds more metal than "rock" like Load and ReLoad.

Give it a shot!
09-24-2008 02:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.