Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CMU @Georgia
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
CMU @Georgia
For Floridians,the game is being carried on Sunshine Network/Fox South@3:30 PM EST.Great way for Rocket fans to kill time before the Arizona game @10:00 PM EST.
09-06-2008 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!
RE: CMU @Georgia
I hope Chip fans watched halftime of the Ball State-Georgia game. Though both Holtz and May picked Georgia to win, there was a lot of love for Dan The Man and the Chips in general. Lou said he expects the Chips to score "a lot" of points. Go Chips!
09-06-2008 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
If there's any chance for CMU to win, it's with LeFevour. He will need to work his magic to keep Georgia's offense off the field as much as possible, and score on almost every drive. And hope the defense makes a play or two.

I'm just hoping for a good showing. At least stay in the game partway through the third quarter.
09-06-2008 10:12 AM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State
Yeah, you just hope for a good showing. That is not a slight on the Chips. It is tough for anyone in the country to go into UGA and get a win. Doesn't happen very often.
09-06-2008 11:19 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Almost gametime.Good luck Chips.
09-06-2008 02:26 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
Only 7-0 Georgia after the 1st quarter. I was expecting much more scoring from both teams.
09-06-2008 03:16 PM
Advertisement

Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC
Stick it to 'em Chips!
09-06-2008 03:19 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
21-0 Dawgs.LeFevour had several opportunities to gain yardage by running but looks like he's been told not to run with it.Very lackluster performance by the Chips so far.03-yawn
09-06-2008 04:00 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
A Georgia lineman returns a tipped pass for a long TD. Looks like the rout is on.
28-0 Georgia.
09-06-2008 04:05 PM
chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
28-7 @ half. CMU offense hasn't arrived yet apparently. The defense is fair (compared to usual), and is at least making UGA work for their points.

Offense is not able to run at all, and WRs are dropping balls when Dan L gets them in the area.

Pick up the $800,000 and mark down 0-17 vs. BCS.
09-06-2008 04:28 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
Boca Rocket Wrote:For Floridians,the game is being carried on Sunshine Network/Fox South@3:30 PM EST.Great way for Rocket fans to kill time before the Arizona game @10:00 PM EST.

It's on ESPN360 also.
09-06-2008 05:30 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
BGSUalum1987 Wrote:I hope Chip fans watched halftime of the Ball State-Georgia game. Though both Holtz and May picked Georgia to win, there was a lot of love for Dan The Man and the Chips in general. Lou said he expects the Chips to score "a lot" of points. Go Chips!

Well, Georgia is doing pretty well considering they played AT Ball State last night and had to fly clear across the country to get back home and tee it up against Central- that's a tough double. Hope they have a bye this week. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 05:49 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
09-06-2008 05:48 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
Well the defense was really impressive in the first half. They only allowed 21 points to a good GA team even though they were on the field for about 80% of the half. That's not bad. Our offense always seems to come out flat whenever we play BCS teams. Purdue last year, both times, Kentucky the year before, etc. I don't know if it's nerves or what, but I've also noticed that the play calling is really conservative too.

Once Lefevour got cheap shotted on that interception return, he got pissed off and started playing like he should have the whole game. However, once you spot a team like Georgia 28 points you're in trouble.

The second half the offense came out and moved the ball at will on a good defense in Georgia, but then the defense disappeared and started giving up big plays left and right. This was a tough task for CMU, to go to Georgia and try to get a win, but I was a little disappointed with the results. After the slow start though it wasn't a bad game for the chips and realistically this wasn't really a favorable matchup for a CMU win. We'll have better showings against Purdue and Indiana. We could easily beat both of those teams. The bad news is for MAC foes, is that the defense looks a lot better than last years.
09-06-2008 05:49 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
Its now 56 to 17 Georgia.
09-06-2008 05:56 PM
Airport KC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mid American
eich41 Wrote:This was a tough task for CMU, to go to Georgia and try to get a win, but I was a little disappointed with the results. After the slow start though it wasn't a bad game for the chips and realistically this wasn't really a favorable matchup for a CMU win. We'll have better showings against Purdue and Indiana. We could easily beat both of those teams. The bad news is for MAC foes, is that the defense looks a lot better than last years.

Don't forget you have to go to Athens again next to face another good defense.

03-cloud9
09-06-2008 06:04 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

Well we torched every defense we played in the MAC last year, I don't think Ohio's D this year is going to be THAT much better than any of those...Should be a fun game though!
09-06-2008 06:14 PM
Advertisement

Airport KC Offline
Heisman

eich41 Wrote:Well we torched every defense we played in the MAC last year, I don't think Ohio's D this year is going to be THAT much better than any of those...Should be a fun game though!

I would say we have a better defense than we did in 2007.

Offense looks more impressive than in 2006 with the passing game.

We have a better chance of winning the MAC than we did in 2006 losing to CMU in Detroit.

I feel like we would have given CMU a run for their money if we had taken care of business in the East last year. Definitely better than Miami, we whipped them the previous week.
09-06-2008 06:59 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

Like I said it should be a good game, but I'm not concerned about Ohio's defense shutting down CMU. It's not going to happen even if your defense is improved. You might slow us down but you aren't going to stop us. Ohio played tOSU tough today though and it should be a fun one next week!

In a related note, Radabaugh is the worst QB in the MAC.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 07:06 PM by eich41.)
09-06-2008 07:05 PM
Airport KC Offline
Heisman

eich41 Wrote:Like I said it should be a good game, but I'm not concerned about Ohio's defense shutting down CMU. It's not going to happen even if your defense is improved. You might slow us down but you aren't going to stop us. Ohio played tOSU tough today though and it should be a fun one next week!

Are you going to be at the game?

I plan to be there.

I was there last time we played CMU in Peden (2000?) and it was a slaughter by the Bobcats. Those were of course in the days when CMU was down and out. Jim Grobe was the coach at Ohio.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 07:11 PM by Airport KC.)
09-06-2008 07:09 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I won't be making the trip, I'm traveling on business and very busy for the month...

The Debord era was an embarrassing blip on the history of CMU football. That guy could not coach his way out of a phone booth. Historically speaking, CMU has one of the most successful football programs in the MAC. The era from about 96 until Kelly came in was atrocious.

I'll probably watch the game online next week. I think our defense has improved to at least adequate this year.
09-06-2008 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.