Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1300 vs. 218
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
1300 vs. 218
Which one of you monkeys were on here bragging about the 1300 people at the first communist kickball game at ETSU? How bout 218 witnessing the FIRST WIN! 218 people. Where are all the East Tennessee communist kickball fans?

And as a quick edit, the game was at Wofford which begs a couple of questions.

1. Where are all those traveling bucs that are to be seen tailgating on the road and making noise?

2. What about the priorities of a school like Wofford. 218 for a communist kickball game there, how many go to Football games?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2008 11:09 PM by Buccaneerlover.)
09-02-2008 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: 1300 vs. 218
Buccaneerlover Wrote:1. Where are all those traveling bucs that are to be seen tailgating on the road and making noise?

Yes, where was that rowdy band of buctails hiding on this historic day? BASA should have sponsored a spirit bus to get more BLUE in the stands.

Wofford had 7,900 for their real football game against Presbyterian on Saturday. Not a bad crowd, and I doubt they're losing sleep over soccer attendance.
09-03-2008 07:29 AM
Buc2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Guys, the game was "ON THE ROAD" at Wofford. This is why you don't pay attention to message boards if you are looking for accuracy.

Or someone just paying attention.
09-03-2008 08:55 AM
Advertisement

ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

Buc2002 Wrote:Guys, the game was "ON THE ROAD" at Wofford. This is why you don't pay attention to message boards if you are looking for accuracy.

Or someone just paying attention.

Speaking of paying attention, it's pretty clear in both above posts that the game was on the road. A spirit bus wouldn't be necessary at home.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 12:22 PM by ETSU-07.)
09-03-2008 09:58 AM
Buc2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I'm pointing to the initial post that obviously thought the game was at home (when it was originally posted yesterday). Buc-07, if you want to poo-poo the 1,300 at Friday's game then fine, but you were missing out on a great atmosphere in a new facility on campus.

If you haven't looked, that's the first time an event was played in a new on-campus facility in over 30 years. That's something to be proud of.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 10:15 AM by Buc2002.)
09-03-2008 10:14 AM
Advertisement

ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

03-zzz03-melodramatic I'm not dissing on 1,300 for the game, but I was a long way from missing anything last Friday. Soccer attendance isn't something most college sports fans take too seriously.

The point of pride you make is a point of shame and embarrassment to most. A shiny (unfinished) soccer stadium at the expense of a football team, more prestigious conference affiliation, dwindling fanbase, and lessened national, regional, and local presence.

I'll give you that building on campus facilities (including soccer) is critical for ETSU, but to approach it in such a reverse order is unacceptable. A football stadium should come first, but the lack of a team to play in it should then make a modern basketball facility a priority. The order of other facilities that come after that can be debated, but basketball should clearly come first.

You energize the alumni, fan, and community base by building a quality facility for the only flagship (and visible) sport, winning in it, and then you can trickle down the successes to the olympic sports. What you don't do is kill one and bleed your only other visible sport to near death to build up the olympics. It's how every other successful D-I school gets it done.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 12:29 PM by ETSU-07.)
09-03-2008 12:05 PM
bowdowntoUT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: any one but UT
I can think of a million things to do on a Friday and it would never be watching kickball.

The fact that it's a sorry sport being played in a "NEW" facility is so beyond sad that it must just suck to be enduring this mess while the rest of us find other things to do with our attention and dollars. How 'bout that economic impact of soccer... i'm thinking movie ticket sales REALLY dropped last week in JC!!!
09-03-2008 04:43 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Spartanburg is less than two hours away. We used to fill Wofford's crackerbox gym for basketball.
09-03-2008 08:11 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Cambell had 5,800 for their first football game last weekend. HURRAY 1300 for soccer!
09-04-2008 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
I like the way this board is thinking.
09-04-2008 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

In two years if Campbell can continue to build they'll have over 8,000 a game. Folks, we won't be seeing them in the A-Sun too much longer.
Live, Think, Dream! Whoo hoo!!!!
09-05-2008 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.