Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

THIS is why I don't give NO credit to Jeff Sagarin
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
THIS is why I don't give NO credit to Jeff Sagarin
Even you GT, and other anti-UGA fans can't dismiss this blatant anti-Southern bias:

1 Southern California-------A = 95.34
2 LSU---------------------A = 92.51
3 Ohio State---------------A = 91.87
4 Oklahoma----------------A = 89.98
5 Florida-------------------A = 89.50
6 Virginia Tech-------------A = 89.07
7 West Virginia-------------A = 88.88
8 Texas-------------------A = 88.40
9 Georgia------------------A = 87.51
10 Auburn------------------A = 86.51

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

Are you friggin' kidding me? OSU and USC is supposed to have a harder schedule than Georgia?

USC

OSU

UGA

Georgia is playing 5 strong rivalries. Auburn (At Auburn), GT, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina (At South Carolina). They're also playing LSU AT LSU and #16 ASU at Arizona. The only currently ranked teams USC is playing is AT home. The only major player OSU is playing is USC, at USC. Wisconsin may give'em hell, but it's still not enough to warrant the #2 toughest rating in the country.

This ratings report is for ****.
08-28-2008 07:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: THIS is why I don't give NO credit to Jeff Sagarin
His preseason rankings are crap. He must take an average of how a school has finished over the last 7-10 years to come up with crap like that.
08-28-2008 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
GrayBeard Wrote:His preseason rankings are crap. He must take an average of how a school has finished over the last 7-10 years to come up with crap like that.

Kinda defies the point of it being a "2008 Strength of Schedule", doesn't it?

He has to do something. I'm not a huge fan of Georgia, but even I can see there is some BS going on. The media is in LOVE with the damn Big-Televen and PAC-10. ....for some damn reason.
08-28-2008 09:43 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
BTW, I think VT and ECU is going to be an AWESOME game this weekend. It's in Greenville and after your last bowl game, I think you have a damn good chance. Didn't you play'em tough early last season?
08-28-2008 09:46 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Rebel Wrote:BTW, I think VT and ECU is going to be an AWESOME game this weekend. It's in Greenville and after your last bowl game, I think you have a damn good chance. Didn't you play'em tough early last season?

Actually, the game is being played in Charlotte at the Carolina Panther's stadium. I will be drinking coffee and watching the game from my den.

We did play them close in an emotional season opener in Blacksburg.
08-28-2008 09:50 PM
RiceDoc Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsFootball GeniusNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
To his credit, Sagarin has said that if he thought he could get away with it, he wouldn't even put out his poll until several weeks of the season had gone by so that real results from the current season would drive the rankings instead of the historical stuff he has to resort to prior to the start of the season. In other words, Sagarin admits his rankings are not good until several weeks into the system when the historical crap gets taken out of the equations.
08-29-2008 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
So are you or are you not giving credit to Sagarin?
08-29-2008 04:55 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Terpy Wrote:So are you or are you not giving credit to Sagarin?

I know someone would call me on that. 03-lmfao

It was going to say "This is why I don't give no stinkin' credit", but when I went back and capitalized NO, I must have deleted the stinkin'.

In proper grammar:

"This is why I, as a fan of the sport of college football, do not extend any credit to the analyst that is know by Jeff Sagarin".
08-29-2008 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.