Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How are things looking for NIU in 2008 ?
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
How are things looking for NIU in 2008 ?
I was shocked to see the drop off in 2007 but I read where you guys had alot of injuires.. Hope everything comes together for you guys in 2008.. Northern Illinois is one of my favorite programs to follow outside of C-USA... Good Luck in 08
08-12-2008 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
RE: How are things looking for NIU in 2008 ?
Soon MD02 will tell you about all of those injuries and how we would've been in the top 25 without them and how our entire season does not count.
08-12-2008 11:33 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:Soon MD02 will tell you about all of those injuries and how we would've been in the top 25 without them and how our entire season does not count.

top 25? more like top 10
08-12-2008 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
Thanks MadEagle. I've always admired Southern Miss, ever since Brett Favre engineered their big upset over Florida State in 1989. It may sound mellowdramatic, but I thought it was a big victory for directional schools.
08-12-2008 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Maddawgz is resident supreme guru of NIU football. He brings honest and objective take on NIU football. He is this board's major mouthpiece and the gold standard for informed opinion on our upcoming season.
08-12-2008 12:48 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
MadEagle Wrote:I was shocked to see the drop off in 2007 but I read where you guys had alot of injuires.. Hope everything comes together for you guys in 2008.. Northern Illinois is one of my favorite programs to follow outside of C-USA... Good Luck in 08

You guys have a great program too, i was surprised when you guys got rid of Bower but i could see where the fans and administration wanted to take it to the next level. That's what i want to see Kill do here. Btw, your new coach is bringing in some really good recruits. It's going to pay off big time!
08-12-2008 01:00 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
MadEagle Wrote:I was shocked to see the drop off in 2007 but I read where you guys had alot of injuires.. Hope everything comes together for you guys in 2008.. Northern Illinois is one of my favorite programs to follow outside of C-USA... Good Luck in 08

Hey MadEagle, yeah it was something like I've never seen with the injuries. The overvall consenus by the experts is for NIU to finish last or second to last in the West division. But if this team is at full strength I dont think 8 or 9 wins is a stretch really. The schedule is kind of brutal with 4 of the first 5 away from home including tough games @WMU @Minnesota and @Tennessee. Even though many of the injured look like they are returning, there is almost an equal buzz about Coach Kill. He has seemed to bring a renewed spirit to the program. Our big game is Week 2 @ WMU, if NIU wins that I think a MAC championship game appearance and 9 win season is possible. If WMU beats NIU, I think its going to be a tough haul.
08-12-2008 01:30 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Hey MadEagle, yeah it was something like I've never seen with the injuries. The overvall consenus by the experts is for NIU to finish last or second to last in the West division. But if this team is at full strength I dont think 8 or 9 wins is a stretch really. The schedule is kind of brutal with 4 of the first 5 away from home including tough games @WMU @Minnesota and @Tennessee. Even though many of the injured look like they are returning, there is almost an equal buzz about Coach Kill. He has seemed to bring a renewed spirit to the program. Our big game is Week 2 @ WMU, if NIU wins that I think a MAC championship game appearance and 9 win season is possible. If WMU beats NIU, I think its going to be a tough haul.

So after Minnesota and WMU, season is over. We win WMU the other teams will just give up when they play NIU. I gave up smoking pot a very long time ago. You should too.
08-12-2008 01:41 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
klake87 Wrote:I gave up smoking pot a very long time ago. You should too.

Single greatest quote of I have ever read on this board.
08-12-2008 01:48 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
klake87 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

So after Minnesota and WMU, season is over. We win WMU the other teams will just give up when they play NIU. I gave up smoking pot a very long time ago. You should too.

NOO not at all, I just mean winning the West division will probalby come down to that game, NIU can still get a bowl game.
08-12-2008 02:26 PM
rabidawg900 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: We Are Huskies
I feel more and more confident that if we get our running game going early, we can not only beat Minnesota, but WMU especially. Their weakness is up front defensively. Just cause a couple turnovers on D and the game is ours.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2008 02:37 PM by rabidawg900.)
08-12-2008 02:36 PM
All American

Denial, blind optimism, inferiority complex and goofy bastardism meet at the intersection that is Maddawgz. 01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2008 03:20 PM by Nigel Incubator-Jones.)
08-12-2008 03:16 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

rabidawg900 Wrote:I feel more and more confident that if we get our running game going early, we can not only beat Minnesota, but WMU especially. Their weakness is up front defensively. Just cause a couple turnovers on D and the game is ours.

If this happens, I'll soil myself repeatedly, dance around in the streets, and be extremely pumped for the rest of the season. 04-rock
08-12-2008 04:32 PM
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys it means alot... Yeah alot of our fans are very excited about our new football coach, He brings a new brand of Football to Hattiesburg the Spread Offense. that is totally different than the smash mouth brand of football Jeff Bower ran. He's a very good recruiter bringing in the first 5 star player ever to sign with a C-USA program in DeAndre Brown a 6'6 220lb who many think can be a dominate player in our league and was considered the #4 WR in the country by Rivals.....Hopefully we can start winning BCS games again like you guys do.

Thanks for breakin down things about NIU. I hope you guys beat the hell outta of Tennessee.. Man i was dying with laughter because I know some Bama fans and watching you guys beat Alabama a few years ago and Maryland that was some great stuff that I got to rub it into the BCS crowd hard down here... Again best of luck in 08 and hope to see you guys bowling again soon......
08-13-2008 02:46 AM
gschapin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: College Footbal
Tickets for Sale - Minnesota
Anyone interested in going to the Minnesota game - I have 8 tickets for sale on Ebay. I will list the auction address here. I am selling two tickets per auction. View my other auctions for more tickets. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:IT&ih=009
08-13-2008 11:05 PM
philhelm Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, UIUC
who is this pawn spamming the message boards with his overpriced ebay tix..

how cool would it be to meet southern miss in a bowl game - that would be a good matchup !
08-14-2008 07:28 AM
gschapin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: College Footbal
philhelm Wrote:who is this pawn spamming the message boards with his overpriced ebay tix..

how cool would it be to meet southern miss in a bowl game - that would be a good matchup !

Overpriced? They are $20/tix and I listed them $15 for the pair.

My apologies to you and this fine message board.
08-14-2008 08:10 AM
Advertisement

HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies!
gschapin Wrote:
philhelm Wrote:who is this pawn spamming the message boards with his overpriced ebay tix..

Overpriced? They are $20/tix and I listed them $15 for the pair.

My apologies to you and this fine message board.

They're definitely not overpriced. Don't worry about it gschapin. The only thing that might be an issue is openly advertising a sales on the board. Not sure about the AUP, but don't listen to these people.
08-14-2008 09:25 AM
NIU70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Take a guess
RE: Tickets for Sale - Minnesota
gschapin Wrote:Anyone interested in going to the Minnesota game -
--can call the NIU ticket office and get them at face.

This guy is probably an Iowa fan who had to buy NIU tickets to buy Iowa tickets.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2008 01:28 PM by NIU70.)
08-14-2008 01:28 PM
All American

Or simply show up at the Metrodome on gameday and buy tickets for face without having to pay surcharge and delivery charges. There also will likely be people outside trying to sell their tickets at a discount from face. There will be ample available tickets for this game.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2008 03:25 PM by Nigel Incubator-Jones.)
08-14-2008 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.