Advertisement

philhelm Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, UIUC
RE: Wolfe's chances look better
"And my natural ability is a pretty good ability"

well said, Garrett... well said.
08-09-2008 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
It looks like they finally figured out how to use him.
08-09-2008 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
MiamiHuskie Wrote:It looks like they finally figured out how to use him.

Yeah, they blocked for him. And threw the ball to him. Shouldn't have been too hard to figure out.
08-09-2008 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Dave Kaplan made observant point about Garrett Wolfe's performance. Right now the Bears are keeping Devin Hester under wraps until the season starts. Some of the plays run for Wolfe against Kansas City will undoubtedly feature Hester instead. Kaplan also stated that Wolfe's chances of making the Bears are contingent on the ability to distinguish himself as a 3rd down weapon and to do so in a manner that makes him different type option from Devin Hester. And finally Kaplan believes like I do that keeping 6 wide receivers means 3 running backs only.
08-09-2008 01:22 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I can't see him getting cut. How do you draft a guy in the 3rd round one year and then cut him the next year without even giving him much of a chance? Show me any other team that has cut their 3rd round pick in year 1 or 2 without even putting him on the field for any kind of significant playing time.

However, he was a big stretch in the 3rd round and the Bears have made laughable decisions before.
08-09-2008 02:11 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
The Bears have two offensive weapons and two offensive weapons only, Wolfe and Hester. Wolfe isnt going anywhere.
08-09-2008 04:03 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:The Bears have two offensive weapons and two offensive weapons only, Wolfe and Hester. Wolfe isnt going anywhere.

I sure hope you are right, MD, but the Bears are run by a bunch of baffoons. It would not surprise me if they dumped Wolfe without giving him a real chance with any meaningful PT.
08-09-2008 09:24 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Dog Fan Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:The Bears have two offensive weapons and two offensive weapons only, Wolfe and Hester. Wolfe isnt going anywhere.

I sure hope you are right, MD, but the Bears are run by a bunch of baffoons. It would not surprise me if they dumped Wolfe without giving him a real chance with any meaningful PT.

Could not agree more with you DF, I almost forgot its the Bears we are talking about, the organization that CANNOT evaluate offensive talent. I hate to be so negative about a team I've loved my whole life but the current leaedersrhip has absolutely NO clue.
08-09-2008 09:44 PM
nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies
as much as i love wolfe MD, u forget about Olsen and clark? though our receivers suck, the tightends may be one of the best tight end duos in the league... if only we had someone to throw to them 03-melodramatic
08-09-2008 10:11 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

nnhsniuhuskies37 Wrote:as much as i love wolfe MD, u forget about Olsen and clark? though our receivers suck, the tightends may be one of the best tight end duos in the league... if only we had someone to throw to them 03-melodramatic

Yeah but with no QB, Olsen and Clark are not options even if they are promising players. I have never seen an offense with the potential to be bad to the level that the Bears have the potential to be.
08-09-2008 10:16 PM
Huskie359 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU & SOX
Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:Right now the Bears are keeping Devin Hester under wraps until the season starts. Some of the plays run for Wolfe against Kansas City will undoubtedly feature Hester instead.

If I am reading the quote correctly then I don't buy this one bit... In fact I think this is total BS. Please tell me which play that Garrett Wolfe ran against the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday could have featured Devin Hester. Wolfe took nothing but handoffs out of the backfield in classic running back formations. Are we to believe that Hester will line up as a tailback at times in the regular season????

Wolfe's touchdown was scored on a plain vanilla "check down" nothing fancy about it....

Is this really what Kaplan was trying to say...or am I misinterpreting the quote??? Perhaps what was meant by the quote is that in instances where Wolfe's name might be called in the regular season...those opportunities will fall to Hester once the regular season begins???? I find that far more likely...
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2008 11:31 PM by Huskie359.)
08-09-2008 11:29 PM
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Unfortunately, the Bears shape up to be brutal in 2008. With OT Chris Williams undergoing back surgery the offensive line reverts back to being AWFUL. Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman are both horrible to boot.

Bears are staring at a 5 or 6 win season. And hopefully the end of Jerry Angelo at the conclusion of the season.
08-10-2008 09:32 AM
NIU02 Offline
Special Teams

Found this on the 5 things to know about Bears camp on cbssportsline:

Quote:2. Watch this name carefully: Garrett Wolfe. The second-year back might be a star this coming season. He has a chance to be the next Maurice Jones-Drew. "It's an honor to be compared to him," Wolfe said. He added: "Maurice is a little bit bigger than me but I'm a little bit faster." Matt Forte and Wolfe could be quite a solid running back duo. Forte is also a solid pass blocker.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10925649
08-10-2008 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.