Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

NTR - my welcome to willie world
Bookmark and Share
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
NTR - my welcome to willie world
I had the joy of coming home today to find my front door kicked in!!! I love the turn around in crime in Memphis!
08-06-2008 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dwarren Offline
1st String

I Root For: 5 Wins
RE: NTR - my welcome to willie world
that sucks! At least they didnt take your computer though!
08-06-2008 07:51 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
uofmcamaro Wrote:I had the joy of coming home today to find my front door kicked in!!! I love the turn around in crime in Memphis!

wow ! at least you are ok....did they take much ? I have neighborhood watch, deadbolts, spotlights, alarm system, good insurance and Dobermans. Even with all that....I'm still scared sometimes. With the economy where it is and where it probably will end up I'm afraid it's only going to get worse and that's really scary.
08-06-2008 08:28 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I find it's best to chain a Rottweiler to anything of value in your house.
08-06-2008 08:31 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
If they are going to kick in my door, I do hope they have the courtesy of doing it while I'm at home (otherwise, the security door is locked anyway). If it happens while I'm home, the clip is being emptied. I'll only stop firing long enough to reload.
08-06-2008 08:32 PM
Harry J Offline
Fan of the spoarts

I Root For: Memphis
transitt Wrote:If they are going to kick in my door, I do hope they have the courtesy of doing it while I'm at home (otherwise, the security door is locked anyway). If it happens while I'm home, the clip is being emptied. I'll only stop firing long enough to reload.

This is the best way to handle these knuckleheads
08-06-2008 08:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

They stole all of my wifes jewelry, my mp3, digital cam, and the worst.......my ps2. Probably some juvies. Left some good prints. I'll be home tomorrow assessing the damage, fixing the door and frame that is busted, calling insurance to see if it is worth filing, and then hitting the pawn shops to try and buy my stuff back along with a gun of some sort. If they so happen to be back to finish up when I come back, they won't be happy as they will be met with the barrel of a shotgun pumped and ready to roll. I'll give enough time to turn around (so I won't be charged for getting them in the back).
08-06-2008 08:53 PM
Dwarren Offline
1st String

I Root For: 5 Wins
Day time killings at court square for robbery might make the next guy think twice but thats a whole thread in its self! Im glad you are alright and fifnt get hurt by some knucklehead.
08-06-2008 08:54 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

uofmcamaro Wrote:They stole all of my wifes jewelry, my mp3, digital cam, and the worst.......my ps2. Probably some juvies. Left some good prints. I'll be home tomorrow assessing the damage, fixing the door and frame that is busted, calling insurance to see if it is worth filing, and then hitting the pawn shops to try and buy my stuff back along with a gun of some sort. If they so happen to be back to finish up when I come back, they won't be happy as they will be met with the barrel of a shotgun pumped and ready to roll. I'll give enough time to turn around (so I won't be charged for getting them in the back).

Make sure you keep the gun well hidden. If you aren't home and they find your gun, that's another gun on the street.
08-06-2008 09:13 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
klg316 Wrote:
uofmcamaro Wrote:They stole all of my wifes jewelry, my mp3, digital cam, and the worst.......my ps2. Probably some juvies. Left some good prints. I'll be home tomorrow assessing the damage, fixing the door and frame that is busted, calling insurance to see if it is worth filing, and then hitting the pawn shops to try and buy my stuff back along with a gun of some sort. If they so happen to be back to finish up when I come back, they won't be happy as they will be met with the barrel of a shotgun pumped and ready to roll. I'll give enough time to turn around (so I won't be charged for getting them in the back).

Make sure you keep the gun well hidden. If you aren't home and they find your gun, that's another gun on the street.

I hide mine by keeping it on me most of the time....
08-06-2008 09:15 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
that's what a mostly chocolate city will get you.
08-06-2008 09:27 PM
Advertisement

tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
CrappiesCrappiesDonators
That makes me so angry!
Worthless punks like that deserve to be shot.
No respect for people what so ever.
Good luck in catching them and or getting some of your things back.
So Sorry!
08-06-2008 09:27 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:

You may want to look at something like this if you have a decent quality exterior door :

http://www.boltbuddy.com/boltbuddy.htm

Also remove your screws holding the hinge to the frame and replace them with 3" long stainless woodscrews that will reach all the way into the rough opening framing.
08-06-2008 09:28 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

fsquid Wrote:that's what a mostly chocolate city will get you.

That was uncalled for.04-chairshot
08-06-2008 09:28 PM
memphisalltheway Offline
1st String

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Sorry to hear about your house being broken into. Someone broke into mine back in October. They cut a hole in the window in the den and raised the window up. They stole my laptop and some jewelry. It's a horrible feeling knowing someone has been in your house when they weren't supposed to. I felt very violated.
08-06-2008 09:30 PM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
If you leave guns at home, get trigger lock for them.

If you don't have security doors and windows, get them. You can't kick in a door if you can't get to it.

Get a security system. Brinks or ADT have reasonable rates for systems. Get the wireless option too or go voice over the internet. Helps if the asshats cut your phone wire. I was broken into in 2001. Got a system the next week.
08-06-2008 09:31 PM
Advertisement

TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
A good tool MPD offers is Cyberwatch. You can track trends in your neighborhood. Plus, you get to see what freaks are around.

https://kiosk.memphispolice.org/cyberwatch
08-06-2008 09:33 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, we had been in the process of making our house really secure. We had done the back and side door with iron screen doors. We just hadn't made it to the front yet. I know the tried the side cause they ripped the handle off the door. I'm sure they went to the back first. Determined little bastards. haha.
08-06-2008 09:35 PM
MotherSuperior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: da Tigs
some places in europe cops don't even have guns. over there is just car theft and knife stabbings
08-06-2008 09:41 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
MotherSuperior Wrote:some places in europe cops don't even have guns. over there is just car theft and knife stabbings

soccer riots
08-06-2008 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.