Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Camp Storylines to Watch
Bookmark and Share
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Camp Storylines to Watch
As fall camp starts August 4 here are some of the storylines to watch. Please add yours:

OFFENSE

-Who's the starting quarterback?

-Who's the backup quarterback?

-How will playing time be divided between Montell Clanton, David Bryant and Chad Spann?

-Who's the starting fullback?

-Who's the starting left tackle?

-Can some of the veteran offensive linemen work their way back onto the two deep?

DEFENSE

-Who's the backup to Larry English?

-Who starts at cornerback between Melvin Rice, Chase Carter and Bradley Pruitt?

-Who's the backup middle linebacker?

-Who's the backup strong side linebacker?

SPECIAL TEAMS

-Who's the kicker?

-Who will return kickoffs and punts?

OTHER

-Which true freshmen will play?
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2008 04:06 PM by NIU1981.)
08-01-2008 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Camp Storylines to Watch
Other
-When will Jeff Compher emeges, will he see his shadow?
No. The HomerDome lighting scheme doesn't really yield shadows. Hence football season is on the way...
-Will attendance suffer with bad '07 season and loss of Joe?
No.
-Will attendance bloom with buzz around new coach Kill?
Stay about the same as last year.
-Will Britt Davis live up to all his hype, or go out with a thud?
Davis has a decent season at best, Simon is the standout however for '08.
-Will Thudersticks make a comeback?
No.
-What "unknown" will emerge as a stud?
Pat Schiller
-Looking forward to more fire from coaching staff on sidelines, ie, an animated Coach Kill.
I can envision a red faced Kill grilling someone for a missed tackle.

-Biggest "fall guy" for '08?
Whoever the QB is, second only to the new place kicker Salerno/Ivanesevic.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2008 05:32 PM by NIURedBlack.)
08-01-2008 05:15 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
NIURedBlack Wrote:Other
-When will Jeff Compher emeges, will he see his shadow?

-Will attendance suffer with bad '07 season and loss of Joe?

-Will attendance bloom with buzz around new coach Kill?

-Will Britt Davis live up to all his hype, or go out with a thud?

-Will Thudersticks make a comeback?

-What "unknown" will emerge as a stud?

-Looking forward to more fire from coaching staff on sidelines, ie, an animated Coach Kill.
This season will decide if he goes out as one NIU's best WRs of all time or somebody who never lived up to the hype. His first three seasons were far better than Hurd's, and we saw what an great senior season did for him.
08-01-2008 05:19 PM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
After one week we can start filling in the blanks.

It sure sounds like Dan is starting at QB. I haven't read anything to indicate how the other QBs are sorting out.

David Bryant has been moved to DB so he won't be part of the tailback equation but it sounds like Me'co Brown may be.

Antonacci seems to be the leader at fullback.

Craig Rusch has been moved to DE so it appears the starters will be English and Rusch backed up by Bice and Coffman. That's an impressive rotation.

Freshmen who may get playing time include RB Me'co Brown, TE Dan Edem, TE Jason Schepler, DT Adam Coleman.
08-10-2008 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
1. Apparently Jeff Compher is in the witness relocation program.

2. If Dan Nicholson is the best we can do at quarterback then that speaks VOLUMES.

3. Kickers are kinda sorta REAL, REAL IMPORTANT for a team that plays in what should be an extremely competitive MAC West and where games can be expected to be tight contests. The fact that nobody has been identified to take the torch from Chris Nendick is not good. Not good at all.

4. Britt Davis is an enigma and overhyped. If Nicholson is going to be under center then bank on Davis not doing much in 2008.

5. The offensive line, in my opinion, is not nearly as settled and a strength as some on this board like to think it is. I worry about the left side and I worry about depth. You should too.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2008 03:22 PM by Nigel Incubator-Jones.)
08-10-2008 03:18 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
Man those are some serious unknowns. Anyone who knows this team knows there are a lot of question marks but when you list them out like that, it really puts it all into perspective.
08-10-2008 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msphusky Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: huskies
NIU1981 Wrote:After one week we can start filling in the blanks.

It sure sounds like Dan is starting at QB. I haven't read anything to indicate how the other QBs are sorting out.

David Bryant has been moved to DB so he won't be part of the tailback equation but it sounds like Me'co Brown may be.

Craig Rusch has been moved to DE so it appears the starters will be English and Rusch backed up by Bice and Coffman. That's an impressive rotation.

Freshmen who may get playing time include RB Me'co Brown, TE Dan Edem, TE Jason Schepler, DT Adam Coleman.

DITTO with the 4 True Freshmen selection. I can see RB Brown and TE Edem bringing down the house with their incredible athleticism. You've got to give these two kids the ball, period! Both Brown and Edem have great burst and and can finish the runs. I'm not sure if Edem's 40 yd has been clocked recently. I wouldn't be surprise if Edem now clocks 4.5 40 yd dash to date- that would be awesome for a TE.
Anybody has the recent 40 yd dash for TE Dan Edem?
08-10-2008 03:49 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

It really sounds Me'co Brown is a superstar in the making. If the offense is just average to above average this really could be one hell of a team, and the emergence of Me'co Brown certainly cannot hurt the offense.
08-10-2008 05:15 PM
TheNEWguy Offline
Banned

msphusky Wrote:

DITTO with the 4 True Freshmen selection. I can see RB Brown and TE Edem bringing down the house with their incredible athleticism. You've got to give these two kids the ball, period! Both Brown and Edem have great burst and and can finish the runs. I'm not sure if Edem's 40 yd has been clocked recently. I wouldn't be surprise if Edem now clocks 4.5 40 yd dash to date- that would be awesome for a TE.

How do you know Edem? Are you related to him? I only ask because every single one of your posts is about him.

I kind of think you know if he has run a 40. Here is what worries me about Edem though, he is not a big guy, so I'm not sure at this point he's an every snap TE (and he doesn't need to be).
08-10-2008 05:34 PM
msphusky Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: huskies
TheNEWguy Wrote:
msphusky Wrote:

How do you know Edem? Are you related to him? I only ask because every single one of your posts is about him.

I kind of think you know if he has run a 40. Here is what worries me about Edem though, he is not a big guy, so I'm not sure at this point he's an every snap TE (and he doesn't need to be).

Edem is from MN, I live in MN and know a lot about MN recruits and the future prospects...I hope I can enhance your knowlege of our kids.. Yes you are absolutely right, Edem is not your typical big TE, but a multi-dimensional ATH who plays big..I can see him as WR or HB or TE. Edem is very much like ATH Nick Rengel( of Sartel, MN 2009 class), who seriously considered NIU but immediately commited to Minnesota offer in June.

I'll feed you a lot from MN, and we have great athletes.
08-10-2008 06:23 PM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH

..100% AGREE.....

Meco?? Love to see him play....Does not sound good for Clayton or Smith for playing time...... Edem sounds like they want to use him in the passing game w/ his speed, its tough for a FR blocker to be effective at that size...we'll see....... Someone said Kill likes BIG DLineman and now Coleman @ 245LB is being talked up by Kill...interesting....
08-11-2008 09:08 AM
TheNEWguy Offline
Banned

NIU05 Wrote:

..100% AGREE.....

Meco?? Love to see him play....Does not sound good for Clayton or Smith for playing time...... Edem sounds like they want to use him in the passing game w/ his speed, its tough for a FR blocker to be effective at that size...we'll see....... Someone said Kill likes BIG DLineman and now Coleman @ 245LB is being talked up by Kill...interesting....

I think that's where you get a little confused. I don't think Kill Likes big or small linemen, he likes good linemen. It's a bit of a change, but I think we can adjust to it!
08-11-2008 01:27 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
TheNEWguy Wrote:
NIU05 Wrote:

..100% AGREE.....

I think that's where you get a little confused. I don't think Kill Likes big or small linemen, he likes good linemen. It's a bit of a change, but I think we can adjust to it!

... Not confused at all.....I did not make the statement....

Can you make plays? Thats is always the bottom line. However, history tells you interior DL at this level weighing 245 Lbs is not going to cut it. I assume he is NOT 245 but somewhat bigger (just guessing).
08-11-2008 01:44 PM
TheNEWguy Offline
Banned

I think Kill's past shows he likes big DTs. Larry Luster last year was a nice one. And I think we have some big boys to play DT. Kill said Coleman plays hard all the time, and that's a great compliment for a young kid. I just don't know if that will earn him PT.
08-11-2008 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.