Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This is not good
Bookmark and Share
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
This is not good
Wow ...

I pick up the papers and read about the WONDERFUL recruiting class that Georgia Tech gets, Glenn Rice Jr. (Local Kid) Kammeon Hosey (State kid) Mfon Udonis (Local kid) and I have to wonder, WHY NOT US???

Sure, we have another probationary season left, but how hard do we go after these kids? Kennesaw State is not even on their list(s) and that is tough to swallow. Yea, I know that everything 'supposedly' will change but again, I wonder how hard we are working to get this thing turned around.

Anybody else feel my FRUSTRATION? Thanks for listening!
07-25-2008 05:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: This is not good
:) You are a good fan GFWO. We are a mere 90 years of tradition and about 20 million annually behind a school like GT. Not to mention that they play in the ACC and went to a championship game in the last 10 years. We will get to a level where we are competing for GT for recruits (it will happen) but it isn't going to happen overnight. It takes our continued support and Ingle's continued program building. Keep the faith ! :) I think that is part of the fun of supporting a school like Kennesaw. We are the foundation of a legacy. 20 years from now it will be these years that are looked back as the cornerstone of a great program. I graduated from an ACC school, and it is fun to cheer for them, but I am no where near as involved with them as I am with Kennesaw, because I am one of thousands and thousands of fans there...where here we are the beginning of a great thing.

Edited to add: Think about the positives of this year's recruiting class. We have several kids of Georgia that I think can compete with anyone in their class. Markeith Cummings and Ladaris Green were both Savannah kids that we recruited and got to sign early. Dixon is a local PG who while not as high profile as the GT players is a nice player who should provide a nice scoring punch as a combo guard. We have done pretty well in Georgia, and i think we will continue to do better and better.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008 06:01 AM by KennesawBasketball.)
07-25-2008 05:48 AM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

We are no where near a school of that caliber. The elite in state will not be looking to go play at a brand new division one school that has next to nothing to offer them. Its very important that we land decent recruits from our state but we won't be stealing kids from GT, UGA, or anyone of that caliber anytime soon. We need to worried about out recruiting Mercer and our other ASun foes..thats who we need to be comparing our classes too.
07-25-2008 11:29 AM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
ASUN vs ACC. A no brainer. Would you rather play Duke and UNC...or USC Upstate and Stetson?
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008 03:43 PM by ETSUfan1.)
07-25-2008 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

ETSUfan1 Wrote:ASUN vs ACC. A no brainer. Would you rather play Duke and UNC...or USC Upstate and Stetson?

True ... no brainer, but being LOCAL a kid should feel WANTED enough by KSU to list them when asked, regardless of if they are truly in the picture or not.
07-25-2008 04:35 PM
Advertisement

1st String

My guess is that our coaches aren't spending valuable time recruiting kids that they have zero chance of signing. GFWO...here is something that will cheer you up. Louisville was heavily interested in Ladaris when he signed with us....and several SEC schools came calling after Markeith this spring after he was signed early...atleast that is what I have heard. We have brought in some great recruits...hopefully they will turn into great players.

Don't be discouraged by what we don't have...lets be encouraged by the progress we are making.
07-26-2008 05:04 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Given your status as a transitioning team, I think KSU has done an exceptional job of bringing in players. From a prospective player's vantage point, if I was D1 talent, it would be tough to sign with a team who receives little national attention (esp. with regard to the NCAA tournament). That's about to change for you though, which I suspect you'll start to see higher calibur recruits--which you already have (e.g.-Green & Cummings)

Realistically in our situation (and perhaps in your situation too), especially with UT's emergence and Memphis' recent dominance, there's no way ETSU, UTC, Autsin Peay, Belmont or any Tennessee school is going to get these players. For example, Omar Wattad, a local kid, walked on at Georgetown last year (he didn't even stay in state!) despite getting offers from ETSU and just about everybody else. For me, a "big get" is when we sign a kid who might be a marginal "major" recruit, but not a sought after prospect.
07-26-2008 06:05 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I agree Buc....very solid assessment.
07-26-2008 07:36 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

Bucfaithful Wrote:Given your status as a transitioning team, I think KSU has done an exceptional job of bringing in players. From a prospective player's vantage point, if I was D1 talent, it would be tough to sign with a team who receives little national attention (esp. with regard to the NCAA tournament). That's about to change for you though, which I suspect you'll start to see higher calibur recruits--which you already have (e.g.-Green & Cummings)

Realistically in our situation (and perhaps in your situation too), especially with UT's emergence and Memphis' recent dominance, there's no way ETSU, UTC, Autsin Peay, Belmont or any Tennessee school is going to get these players. For example, Omar Wattad, a local kid, walked on at Georgetown last year (he didn't even stay in state!) despite getting offers from ETSU and just about everybody else. For me, a "big get" is when we sign a kid who might be a marginal "major" recruit, but not a sought after prospect.

I disagree (Are U surprised?)

First of all with Belmont's success they CAN compete for high profile athletes ... so their IS a way. Temmessee Chatt is another story. Austin Peay is another story. It all goes back to YOUR coaching staff going after these players and showing them that they could compete with Duke or any other non-conference foe that you schedule. How does Belmont taking Duke to the wire eliminate them in a recruit's mind? How does Belmon't three year NCAA reign from the conference hurt them? If the recruit is looking for a payday (Memphis or Georgia?), oh well, that is another story for a different day. And I have a hunch that a year from now Wattad will realize that he made a mistake and ask for forgiveness!!

If it's sold right, I don't think that a coach is wasting any kids' time to make an offer. Look at what happened with the big boy from Auburn who came home, Heramb. He was told how big time he was, but it didn't pan out. At least Kennesaw had sense enough to put him on their radar and now it is paying off. If you see a pretty girl and you ask her for a date there are only three things things that can happen:

1-She can slap the hell out of you
2-She can say no
3-She can say yes

.... but you will never know until you ask!

As far as Cummings being big time from Louisville, he has a reputation for turning the ball over and I have seen this in the summer league. If you turn the ball over at Lousiville, you won't play for Pitino.

What is the word on Green???
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2008 12:58 PM by Go Fly Win Owls!.)
07-27-2008 12:57 PM
Advertisement

KSUowl0003 Offline
Bench Warmer

Rivials.com has Green listed that he signed his letter of intent which is different from the last time I checked a couple weeks back but that is all I have seen.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2008 09:20 PM by KSUowl0003.)
08-11-2008 09:19 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

The fact that he is on the official roster is good. Then again Kurtis Woods isn't so who knows. Time will tell I guess.
08-12-2008 12:21 AM
1st String

Nothing we can do at this point except wait and hope :) There must be something up, but hopefully everything will work out. I think the fact that Kurtis Woods was enrolled in summer school is pretty much a lock that he is good to go, but not sure about Ladaris.
08-12-2008 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.